+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

Now they have seemingly stopped/slowed down CEC invites which points to a shift in focus.
The department estimates, for CEC applicants, there is a four to eight month window from invitation to admission, so people invited after July have a smaller chance of being admitted this year.
Quite a few people here estimated this months ago. The low score CEC train has stopped for good. I guess the old FSW will be back in Nov or Dec and around May it'll be updated but CRS481 will still be a sure shot at an FSW ITA. This isn't too bad as that CRS can always be recovered with French.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Quite a few people here estimated this months ago. The low score CEC train has stopped for good. I guess the old FSW will be back in Nov or Dec and around May it'll be updated but CRS481 will still be a sure shot at an FSW ITA. This isn't too bad as that CRS can always be recovered with French.
May?? If they resume draws in January, the score will be at or below 481 in 2-3 draws maximum. There aren't that many people above 482 (the typical FSW ceiling, unless someone has a PhD). I don't think I quite understood what you're trying to say.

That being said, I don't know why people are taking a cicnews article so seriously.

D

Deleted member 1050918

May?? If they resume draws in January, the score will be at or below 481 in 2-3 draws maximum. There aren't that many people above 482 (the typical FSW ceiling, unless someone has a PhD). I don't think I quite understood what you're trying to say.

That being said, I don't know why people are taking a cicnews article so seriously.
You get CRS481 with: 20-29 years of age, CLB10 English, 3+ years of work experience, master's degree, no ties to Canada (no job offer, no Canadian degree, no relatives). This really is the demographic "cap" in the outland FSW pool because people are willing to do this much, but this much only. Anything above this requires special efforts like learning French, paying crazy amounts of money to Canadian schools, or selling your soul to the devil to get a job offer from Canada.

The usual FSW cutoff would be around 470 as we know. With the new changes in May (if they ever happen), the "new usual" for FSW (read "all program draw") cutoffs will probably go up to about 478 because Canadian degrees and French will get CRS boost. But 481 will still be safe. Now it takes a lot of hard work to get that 481 but that means, for those who are willing to put the effort in, a fully outland path to Canadian immgiration will still be available and viable even after the CRS changes (if they really ever happen).

However, this will push outlanders to really max out English (CLB10 in all) and work experience (3+ years) as quickly as they can because they'll lose age points which can only be recovered with one of those "special" efforts.

D

Deleted member 1006777

You get CRS481 with: 20-29 years of age, CLB10 English, 3+ years of work experience, master's degree, no ties to Canada (no job offer, no Canadian degree, no relatives). This really is the demographic "cap" in the outland FSW pool because people are willing to do this much, but this much only. Anything above this requires special efforts like learning French, paying crazy amounts of money to Canadian schools, or selling your soul to the devil to get a job offer from Canada.

The usual FSW cutoff would be around 470 as we know. With the new changes in May (if they ever happen), the "new usual" for FSW (read "all program draw") cutoffs will probably go up to about 478 because Canadian degrees and French will get CRS boost. But 481 will still be safe. Now it takes a lot of hard work to get that 481 but that means, for those who are willing to put the effort in, a fully outland path to Canadian immgiration will still be available and viable even after the CRS changes (if they really ever happen).

However, this will push outlanders to really max out English (CLB10 in all) and work experience (3+ years) as quickly as they can because they'll lose age points which can only be recovered with one of those "special" efforts.
Oh I see what you mean. Yeah I agree. Guess I can look forward to that sweet 2023 landing if I eventually pass eligibility.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
They won't start processing FSW at full capacity until early 2022? Fucking bullshit.
This is jus absolutely depressing man. I wonder if they would actually stick to this or shift their goalposts again, dragging it through the rest of 2022. Idk, I’m just not trusting these guys anymore.

Reactions: ShivaIonside

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
The province runs their own eligibility and other checks and if you qualify, you're nominated in the end. IRCC is not involved in this stage. When/if you're nominated, you receive your nomination in your EE profile, asking you to either accept or reject it. Once you have accepted it, your file is practically an FSW EE application which goes through IRCC's regular checks including their own standards of eligibility.
In that case, the application falls under "Economic Class – Provincial/Territorial Nominees (EE)", but yes, the officer will confirm that you meet the criteria of one of the EE streams (in this case FSW). That same officer can also look into the Provincial nomination when in doubt, for example, about the applicant's ability to establish economically in the province that granted the nomination.

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
This is jus absolutely depressing man. I wonder if they would actually stick to this or shift their goalposts again, dragging it through the rest of 2022. Idk, I’m just not trusting these guys anymore.
Why should we believe anything that comes out of their mouth? It's also amazing that we had to pry this information out of them using ATIP. They were perfectly happy to keep us in the dark while casually parking all our applications for more than a year. Not a concern in the world about how it will affect the applicants. What a generous organization.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I don't think many of us knew while studying our a** off, getting great degrees and working great jobs that our life would become a joke one day
Just be born in a first world country and get a working HOLIDAY visa. EZ.