+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

yes it is wonderbly @mushymush
sir, one person getting a study permit rejected isn't a statistic. 'Likely to be rejected' implies a majority or at least a plurality of applications being denied, and even in that case, their circumstances don't apply to mine.

And yeah, doing whatever it takes. if I get into U of T for my program of choice (highly unlikely), then I wwould go even if I get an ITA before hand. That would ensure I get to Canada before 2024 and actually have a valuable brand attached to me.

Reactions: ita_drgen

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Not a loophole and it is tried many times. Just check study permit section. It is denied almost always too.
That doesn't stop people from applying over and over again because they know a study permit is the only path for them to get into Canada. I have checked the Student Visa section of this forum and it seems to be full of people seeking professional services to write their SOP or seeking advice applying for the 3rd and 4th time. They eventually get in. If study permits were denied for obvious reasons, most of the diploma mills importing international students from certain countries will go out of business.

Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
sir, one person getting a study permit rejected isn't a statistic. 'Likely to be rejected' implies a majority or at least a plurality of applications being denied, and even in that case, their circumstances don't apply to mine.

And yeah, doing whatever it takes. if I get into U of T for my program of choice (highly unlikely), then I wwould go even if I get an ITA before hand. That would ensure I get to Canada before 2024 and actually have a valuable brand attached to me.
wonderbly got it approved

Reactions: dainte58945

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
That doesn't stop people from applying over and over again because they know a study permit is the only path for them to get into Canada. I have checked the Student Visa section of this forum and it seems to be full of people seeking professional services to write their SOP or seeking advice applying for the 3rd and 4th time. They eventually get in. If study permits were denied for obvious reasons, most of the diploma mills importing international students from certain countries will go out of business.
very true. ircc should be such a stoopid to deny the visa if it's their booming business which cover's their own domestic candidates.

BrianLaraFan

Sep 29, 2021
once i took a trade course (Motive Power Technician) 2 years diploma while doing the second master's (business admin), with no technical trade experience, this was back in 2017 and yes the visa was approved but didn't go as i had to join my new work.
Did you apply for SP from inside Canada? Usually thats more lenient.

D

Deleted member 1006777

diploma mills xD

BrianLaraFan

Sep 29, 2021
Gonna need some sources for this 'likely to be rejected' stuff. At the end of the day, I am only applying to universities and programs that I actually think could be useful. I'm not applying for a random pg diploma at Maple Syrup University to con my way in, even though that's a valid option, and possibly the only path to PR in the future.
To be honest, there is not going to be a survey of people "who wanted to use SP to stay in Canada" for obvious reason. That said, feel free to browse through the Study Permit section of this forum. Many people trying to take up study permit for certificate or diploma course in deciplines that are not linked to their career or training and getting rejected. The VOs outside Canada tend to be more anal.

BrianLaraFan

Sep 29, 2021
very true. ircc should be such a stoopid to deny the visa if it's their booming business which cover's their own domestic candidates.
IRCC among other things, is held accountable for over-stayers or illegal workers. So, they try to sift such people.

Lastly, degree mills do get de-recognized as a DLI from time to time.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
To be honest, there is not going to be a survey of people "who wanted to use SP to stay in Canada" for obvious reason. That said, feel free to browse through the Study Permit section of this forum. Many people trying to take up study permit for certificate or diploma course in deciplines that are not linked to their career or training and getting rejected. The VOs outside Canada tend to be more anal.
What the…