Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
And? Is there a point to what you said? I know the virus is more likely to affect unvaccinated people. But there is a large percentage of people who aren't eligible for a vaccine (< 12 yr olds) and many who are morons. All of this is an opportunity for the virus to continue to mutate and for the emergence of a vaccine resistant strain.

I'm not here to talk semantics about virus and play epidemiologist for the day. The point here is that this assertion that the pandemic is over is idiotic. Criticize Canada's illogical approach to the pandemic (wrt immigration) all you want. But saying stupid shit like 'the pandemic is over' is insane.
Yeah the pandemic is no way near over. Some researchers think that the virus has mutated enough to become completely resistant against the first generation of vaccines. This was inevitable because of the sheer number of people getting infected.
I do believe that there is more fear mongering and exaggeration of the impact of the virus than it’s actual impact. I wish there was more research done on the treatment than the vaccines as it would have saved a lot more lives

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hey Kubeir,
Its sad bruh. Nobody balmed you for lack of FSW draws. Lol how the hell you got that idea? We don’t think you or the Holthe’s of Canadian immigration are powerful. We all are same, Bruh. You and I know same information. We get it. You wanna feed your low skilled CEC squirrels with some sensation each week and so you and likes of you are making BS predictions. I am not gonna blame you. Your low skilled “tax paying” greatest minds on the planet are super desperate as CEC draws continue to diminish. When no class specific draw resumes, those fkers absolutely stand no chance to compete with us. We get it, you need to deal with such people. If you wanna seee IRCC make the change that you propose, I bet 95% of your clients will never become PR unless they cheat their way. Don’t come after us bruh. Its for yori own good. Go and continue making BS predictions.
@Lc4life and @dankboi

my burial be done good folks

D

Deleted member 1006777

Yeah the pandemic is no way near over. Some researchers think that the virus has mutated enough to become completely resistant against the first generation of vaccines. This was inevitable because of the sheer number of people getting infected.
I do believe that there is more fear mongering and exaggeration of the impact of the virus than it’s actual impact. I wish there was more research done on the treatment than the vaccines as it would have saved a lot more lives
What fear mongering though? States in the US or provinces in Canada that dismissed the virus are now suffering and their hospitals are overwhelmed. You have any tangible examples of said fear mongering?

And no, I disagree. First, a lot of effeort has gone into development of treatments for covid. They just haven't worked out or shown significant improvements in trials (Examples: monoclonal antibodies, plasma treatments, dexamethosone and remdesivir, which by the way also requires hospitalisation, so it does nothing to actually address the issues of overwhelming rates of hospitalisations. There was even this canadian treatment that was approved and is now sitting in shelves because htere was no guidance on how to use it). So they're being used in an experimental capacity with the rich important fucks (like Trump for example). There was recently a breakthrough in a pill for treating covid as well, and they're in the process of applying for approval in canada and the US.

Second, treatment is always always more expensive and time consuming that prevention. The logistics of vaccine distribution are already insane and there were a lot of issues with just a two shot vaccine that can be easily administered en masse. Treatment would need diagnoses and prescriptions from more trained physicians than the average joe who can administer a vaccine in a vaccination center. Treatment options are simply not as scalable as vaccinations. They can act as an excellent supplement to vaccinations because vaccines already greatly reduce severe cases, making the population needing treatments much smaller.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
What fear mongering though? States in the US or provinces in Canada that dismissed the virus are now suffering and their hospitals are overwhelmed. You have any tangible examples of said fear mongering?

And no, I disagree. First, a lot of effeort has gone into development of treatments for covid. They just haven't worked out or shown significant improvements in trials. So they're being used in an experimental capacity with the rich important fucks (like Trump for example). There was recently a breakthrough in a pill for treating covid as well, and they're in the process of applying for approval in canada and the US.

Second, treatment is always always more expensive and time consuming that prevention. The logistics of vaccine distribution are already insane and there were a lot of issues with just a two shot vaccine that can be administered en masse. Treatment would need diagnosis and prescriptions from more trained physicians than the average joe who can administer a vaccine in a vaccination center. Treatment options are simply not as scalable as vaccinations. They can act as an excellent supplement to vaccinations because vaccines already greatly reduce severe cases, making the population needing treatments much smaller.
States in the US or provinces in Canada that dismissed the virus are now suffering and their hospitals are overwhelmed

tru

D

Deleted member 1050918

wtf are you talking about? Alberta decided to abandon all precautions a few months ago, and their hospitals are overrun. Doctors are having to decide who lives and who dies because they don't have the space or the manpower to handle it. Elective surgeries are indefinitely on hold throughout the country to make room for the overwhelming number of covid patients. The disease is far from over. Just because we're desensitized to the large number of people dropping dead everyday doesn't mean the pandemic is over.
The hospitals are overrun (even with 80 percent fully vaccinated) because there aren't enough hospitals. We saw daily cases of 60k here and hospitals were never overrun. EU has been doing mostly well too. It is well known that North America has the shittiest healthcare system in the civilized world so there may be a pandemic in North America but it doesn't mean it's the same everywhere.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
For a change in topic, here's a perfect example of what Canada is encouraging:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-get-pr-with-part-time-job-as-customer-service-manager-in-walmart.637570/

Don't give the guy any hate though. Hate the shitty system that encourages this. I do hope he gets his PR, but I despise what a joke IRCC has made of express entry.
I don’t think it’s wrong for food service and retail general managers to be classified as skilled, but shift managers and assistant managers(which this person probably is) is at most a little more responsible than a lazy cashier that just drops work whenever he wants. I’ve been one and it’s nothing you honestly need any qualification for, or skill for that matter.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I don’t think it’s wrong for food service and retail general managers to be classified as skilled, but shift managers and assistant managers(which this person probably is) is at most a little more responsible than a lazy cashier that just drops work whenever he wants. I’ve been one and it’s nothing you honestly need any qualification for, or skill for that matter.
I'm not commenting on what classifies as skilled or whether this person is skilled or not. I'm more talking about them moving to Canada to get a 1 year diploma for the sole purpose of immigrating. A diploma which they: 1. didn't need, and 2. apparently wasn't even good enough to get them a fulltime job? My problem is with this idea IRCC apparently has that Canadian degrees or diplomas somehow make you an incredibly employable person, when that just isn't the case. At all.

I have nothing against the guy. He's arguably made smarter decisions than all of us here by figuring out how shitty this game was, and by leveraging his advantage.

purohitab

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Hi guys,

I need some serious advise. As the EE dream is falling out for many of us I want to pursue another masters degree overseas with the hope of pr eventually. Canadian degree, as many of u stated here is not worth it for me. I'm looking at EU and US options. I'm more inclined towards doing a degree in the US as it has always been my dream to settle in North America. As there are lot of folks here who have done degrees from the US, can u guys please advise? Is it sensible to do a degree in the US if ur long term goal is to settle there? How hard is it to gain permanent status after study and OPT?
Your advice would be much appreciated

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I'm not commenting on what classifies as skilled or whether this person is skilled or not. I'm more talking about them moving to Canada to get a 1 year diploma for the sole purpose of immigrating. A diploma which they: 1. didn't need, and 2. apparently wasn't even good enough to get them a fulltime job? My problem is with this idea IRCC apparently has that Canadian degrees or diplomas somehow make you an incredibly employable person, when that just isn't the case. At all.

I have nothing against the guy. He's arguably made smarter decisions than all of us here by figuring out how shitty this game was, and by leveraging his advantage.
This is obviously a loophole which many people are going to exploit. I have been trying to debate this exact point but rather than acknowledging they are the beneficiaries of this crappy immigration system, these people want you to believe that they deserve PR move than anyone else because their so-called Canadian experience makes them superior and they pay taxes which apparently keeps the Canadian economy afloat.
This is such an immature and shallow viewpoint that only makes sense to people below the IQ of 50.