+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Come on, Erin O'Toole, you're our only hope. Getting elected, forming the parliament and setting goals/guidelines for the IRCC would take some time though.

If the Libs win again, I not sure if it's worth hanging onto this. Maybe time to start looking at UK/Europe. No direct PR pathways though, but at this point I'll take anything.

CannyTheCunny

Sep 15, 2021
Come on, Erin O'Toole, you're our only hope. Getting elected, forming the parliament and setting goals/guidelines for the IRCC would take some time though.

If the Libs win again, I not sure if it's worth hanging onto this. Maybe time to start looking at UK/Europe. No direct PR pathways though, but at this point I'll take anything.
If you do a 2years masters in the UK plus the 2years post-study visa, you should be able to land something to stay for longer than the cumulative 4years. I think we all need to look after our mental health first. This is becoming unbearable - the silence.

Reactions: Ufuoma

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020

Not relevant to this post but I've noticed that a lot of Indians are eager to leave their country. What motivates them to do so considering India is a strong economy and is much bigger than many western countries.

CannyTheCunny

Sep 15, 2021
Not relevant to this post but I've noticed that a lot of Indians are eager to leave their country. What motivates them to do so considering India is a strong economy and is much bigger than many western countries.
The population is one of the reasons, at least that's what an Indian friend mentioned to me.

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Indian ppl are fine with being stuck in the USA forever trying to wait out the ~20y green card backlog... This alone should tell you something.

Reactions: Lc4life

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Do I really have to say it out loud? That might cause offence.
I'm just curious to know. Maybe it's the sheer number of Indian people living in the country and even a small percentage of them seem like too many people when they immigrate abroad.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
India's economy is big because of its population. India's GDP per capita is pretty ordinary. India also lags behind the West in terms of infrastructure and HDI.

You encounter a lot of Indians on the path to immigration to Anglo countries because
1) there are a lot of us (1 in 5 people in the world are Indian) and
2) a lot of Indians speak English as a second language as a colonial legacy