+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Let me reiterate; STEM does NOT include software (engineer). Also MBA is not a STEM degree. The "E" in STEM, which is engineering, includes professions such as mechanical, electrical, electronics, space, chemical, civil etc. For these occupations, you already have to have a matching degree to be employed. So this new NOC arrangement makes no difference for most STEM people, if not all.
Ha ha...

so i have learnt one thing to feel better about myself.
I do qualify under STEM..:p
I used to curse myself day in and day out to have chosen mechanical engineering..:p

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
So... could they be waiting for the new NOC system rollout to resume FSW? They first released that note on November 2020 and last FSW draw was in December.

Ugh now I gotta wait and see if my NOC will still be considered 'skilled'. If things couldn't get any worse.
document is from november 5th and last no-program specified draw was on dec 23rd, I don't think it is related

D

Deleted member 1050918

Ha ha...

so i have learnt one thing to feel better about myself.
I do qualify under STEM..:p
I used to curse myself day in and day out to have chosen mechanical engineering..:p
Qualify under STEM? Not what I meant and not what the NOC update text means. What I said was simple. The new NOC arrangement implies IRCC will not only look for what skill you have, but also whether you have a relevant formal education for that skill or not. If you have an engineering degree and are somehow employed as a lawyer, it won't count. Or if you have a medical doctor degree and are working as a backend developer, it won't count either. STEM was an example.

Reactions: arvind92

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Qualify under STEM? Not what I meant and not what the NOC update text means. What I said was simple. The new NOC arrangement implies IRCC will not only look for what skill you have, but also whether you have a relevant formal education for that skill or not. If you have an engineering degree and are somehow employed as a lawyer, it won't count. Or if you have a medical doctor degree and are working as a backend developer, it won't count either. STEM was an example.
Got you bro..:)

D

Deleted member 1006777

Because apparently, Canadian education/work experience is somehow going to transform you into this brilliant individual who can take over the world on his own. Doesn't matter where that education and work experience comes from, FSWs are not fit enough to polish their boots.
At least that's what some of the comments above seem to suggest.
Haha yeah. And to be honest, if they had come out in January (or February, or March.... Or September) and said that FSW is done, NOBODY would be mad. They'd see a massive surge in student visa applications, and people would move on. Meanwhile you go to CEC AOR forums and people are whining about how hard the 6 month wait has been for them because "they've had to put their life on hold". Somehow that's valid, but FSWs aren't worth the bare minimum effort.

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Haha yeah. And to be honest, if they had come out in January (or February, or March.... Or September) and said that FSW is done, NOBODY would be mad. They'd see a massive surge in student visa applications, and people would move on. Meanwhile you go to CEC AOR forums and people are whining about how hard the 6 month wait has been for them because "they've had to put their life on hold". Somehow that's valid, but FSWs aren't worth the bare minimum effort.
this makes me think how much money they are losing for putting our lives on hold for not being clear with FSW plans... I could have applied for a study permit (again) just to give a shot, but here we are...

CannyTheCunny

Sep 15, 2021
This education requirements is on the NOC website at the moment but IRCC still chose to ignore educational requirements for processing of applications. They know a lot of people would have one degree and practice in another profession, that's life. If they adopted what's on the 2016 thingy, no way in the world that they will approve a marketer with a law degree. The stan will do their thing and IRCC will decide what they want to pick from it.

No need to fret guys.

aikodad

Jul 1, 2021
Cameroon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A, Family infos
AOR Received.