+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

This is so disheartening, I can’t even lie. Thanks for your input tho, what other options are you exploring if I may ask ?
Just to reiterate, this is just my personal opinion. Try not to let it get you down. At the end of the day, we can't control the idiotic decisions IRCC makes. Other options are basically:

1. Getting in touch with my contacts in Canada and hopefully getting in touch with hiring managers and convincing them to interview me since I'm LMIA exempt; or

2. Getting a software dev related job in my shitty home country, and let that experience open doors in other countries (be it Canada or anywhere else).

Maybe even an IT related program in europe which won't cripple me in debt for life for a subpar degree with subpar wages like Canada would.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Australia has been closed for a few years now. Well before COVID and everything else.
There’s a strong anti-immigration perception there.
Nope, Australia has a skilled migrant pathway. If you have a job under this list, you could get in: https://www.australianskilledmigration.com.au/skilled-occupations-list.

You can calculate your score here: https://www.australianskilledmigration.com.au/general-skilled-migration/points-test.

Some further reading: https://www.australianskilledmigration.com.au/189-visa. This is the class for those who don't have a sponsorship setup.

Bear in mind, those are sites from a private company. You can view the Australian Government website here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas.

More info:

Source.

Letshope

Jun 12, 2019
400000 invites are total. EE invites are unbounded by 100K. Conservatives will not allow 27K cec to happen with CRS dropping to 75. That is ridiculous. With mendicino there are already two record breaking events: tr to pr, which doesn’t belong in any immigration category; 27K cec. I’m not surprised if he creates more chaos. (Here I don’t want to talk about EE reform how they can add massive points for inland candidates)
Yes i agree, 27k cec and points dropping to 75 is ridiculous. Why are we even giving IELTS multiple times , spending money and time when they are inviting low skilled profiles lol why are we competing in a non fair system, selecting someone by intention with 75 points instead of someone with 460+ is discrimination, discrimination covered beautifully by law... I believe this was either a forced draw to meet their goals or a plan prepared while panicking but i don't care. if they wanna do this fair, at least they need to open limit caps for each category (inland,outland) like an immigration law should work. Maybe this is all happening because of the pandemic, maybe they are using the pandemic as an excuse to continue making draws like this idkkkk

Reactions: shinoshino
D

Deleted member 1006777

I don't know why anyone would think FSW wouldn't resume. I get the frustration of waiting without info though. The border only opened 2 days ago, and there is an election going on right now. Isn't it best to just let September pass and see what happens?
From my perspective, the focus isn't on whether FSW is resuming, but on what I can start doing right now if it doesn't resume. Border reopening has always been a measly excuse when they have already started updating on all visa categories except FSW. Even fucking IEC is starting from Monday, and not a word about FSW since January. Immigration being responsible for the housing crisis is also a very popular opinion right now, so things will either stay the same or gradually get worse in that regard. What that means for FSW, I don't know, but I'd be an idiot not to try to prepare with the worst case scenario in mind (i.e. FSW not resuming)

Hajimuktar

Oct 16, 2019
Honestly, I am not trying to claim bragging rights but Iran, Brazil,Argentina - which of you is fighting government sponsored terrorism? Inflation? Food insecurity ? Insecurity ? Unemployment at 40%? Media suppression? Corruption? Banditry?

With these few points of mine, I hope I have been able to convince you why Nigerians need to be prioritized…lmao
You too much, you three much:D

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
From my perspective, the focus isn't on whether FSW is resuming, but on what I can start doing right now if it doesn't resume. Border reopening has always been a measly excuse when they have already started updating on all visa categories except FSW. Even fucking IEC is starting from Monday, and not a word about FSW since January. Immigration being responsible for the housing crisis is also a very popular opinion right now, so things will either stay the same or gradually get worse in that regard. What that means for FSW, I don't know, but I'd be an idiot not to try to prepare with the worst case scenario in mind (i.e. FSW not resuming)
That's perfectly fair. We have to live our lives, and can't be expected to wait in perpetuity. What other viable options do you have right now? :)

Also, consider the fact that FSW may not have resumed because they don't want to add more apps to the already huge backlog pile of FSW apps to be processed.

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Honestly, I am not trying to claim bragging rights but Iran, Brazil,Argentina - which of you is fighting government sponsored terrorism? Inflation? Food insecurity ? Insecurity ? Unemployment at 40%? Media suppression? Corruption? Banditry?

With these few points of mine, I hope I have been able to convince you why Nigerians need to be prioritized…lmao
TO be fair with you I do not think that any country should be given a priority? Why? It is a normal fair system in which you have applicants from all over the world. I feel bad for a lot of people but this is not the reason why someone should get a priority in front of others ;) I do understand the situation of Afghanistan and I think it is fair to bring some refugees from there ;)

Reactions: ita_drgen

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
I was looking at December draws for FSW in 2020. I do not know guys if you realised that but the last draw was conducted on 23th of December 2020 for FSW and then we had PNP and CEC, however what is really interesting here is a date of the next draw. The PNP draw was conducted on 6th of January which is 2 weeks after FSW draw. This might give us a clue and I think there is no way there will be any draw this week. We have to wait till Wednesday 15th of Sep

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Yes i agree, 27k cec and points dropping to 75 is ridiculous. Why are we even giving IELTS multiple times , spending money and time when they are inviting low skilled profiles lol why are we competing in a non fair system, selecting someone by intention with 75 points instead of someone with 460+ is discrimination, discrimination covered beautifully by law... I believe this was either a forced draw to meet their goals or a plan prepared while panicking but i don't care. if they wanna do this fair, at least they need to open limit caps for each category (inland,outland) like an immigration law should work. Maybe this is all happening because of the pandemic, maybe they are using the pandemic as an excuse to continue making draws like this idkkkk
Not only did they select unqualified, unskilled people, they have them ad priority to complete application processing while ignoring qualified skilled workers.
I feel like IRCC and Mendicino are playing God by doing whatever they wanna do. They don’t have an ounce of sympathy for the situation of the outland folks.

D

Deleted member 1006777

That's perfectly fair. We have to live our lives, and can't be expected to wait in perpetuity. What other viable options do you have right now? :)

Also, consider the fact that FSW may not have resumed because they don't want to add more apps to the already huge backlog pile of FSW apps to be processed.
There always seems to be an excuse, and FSW seems to be the only stream taking the brunt of it. First the pandemic related border closures, now the refugee crisis and the housing crisis that somehow FSW is uniquely responsible for. What's next? These are valid reasons in general, but why is FSW the only stream affected by it? There are FSW backlogs BECAUSE of them stopping the processing. Now they are stopping FSW invites because of the backlog they created by scapegoating FSW? How much effort would it take Mendishitno to make one tweet saying FSW will come back next year or it's being paused for a while? It's the silence that's deafening.

If there's one takeaway here, fuck Mendishitno and his disgusting smug face. That's all I have left to say on the matter.

• Haha

tahashanouha

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Beirut
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
28-09-2020
Didn't they also recently update the amount needed in the proof of funds? This should be another indication that FSW isnt going anywhere

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

But you see... I live the furthest south amongst us, which means I have the longest to travel to get to Canada. So, clearly I should be prioritized. :p

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
There always seems to be an excuse, and FSW seems to be the only stream taking the brunt of it. First the pandemic related border closures, now the refugee crisis and the housing crisis that somehow FSW is uniquely responsible for. What's next? These are valid reasons in general, but why is FSW the only stream affected by it? There are FSW backlogs BECAUSE of them stopping the processing. Now they are stopping FSW invites because of the backlog they created by scapegoating FSW? How much effort would it take Mendishitno to make one tweet saying FSW will come back next year or it's being paused for a while? It's the silence that's deafening.

If there's one takeaway here, fuck Mendishitno and his disgusting smug face. That's all I have left to say on the matter.
Sometimes I feel like going to Canada just to whack that idiot with a baseball bat lol.
How do people like him even get appointed for top level jobs?

• Haha