Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
With the border reopening coming up, I’m honestly hopeful that things will only get better for all of us.
Hope so! :) Everyone should post any good news they see here.
While the border reopening has now been announced, is anyone aware of the return to office plan for the IRCC staff in VOs in Canada? I had previously read (not sure if it still holds true) that staff aren’t able to finalize apps while working from home. So was wondering if this would further impact finalizations?
When I called quite a few weeks ago, IRCC told me many staff had to stay home, and that not all work can be done remotely, and that was contributing to the backlogs. They said they weren't sure when staff would come back into the office.

I really hope now with vaccine levels being where they are, and with the Feds talking about mandatory vaccinations for Federal workers, that IRCC is getting back to decent processing capacity. It seems these backlogs are huge, so the sooner they get to it, the better for us all. New apps won't stop coming. If only they'd make some statements about the FSW situation in particular. Maybe the border reopening will result in that. :)

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022

When I called quite a few weeks ago, IRCC told me many staff had to stay home, and that not all work can be done remotely, and that was contributing to the backlogs. They said they weren't sure when staff would come back into the office.

I really hope now with vaccine levels being where they are, and with the Feds talking about mandatory vaccinations for Federal workers, that IRCC is getting back to decent processing capacity. It seems these backlogs are huge, so the sooner they get to it, the better for us all. New apps won't stop coming. If only they'd make some statements about the FSW situation in particular. Maybe the border reopening will result in that. :)

Yeah you go to beach parties, and bbq picnics and there is no covid and the only covid happens in the office so you do it from the bedroom. pathetic !!!!

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022

I guess only IRCC staff is unvaccinated i really hope they process the back logs. In a way its a gud sign that there was no CEC draw. This way IRCC can finalize the pending applications. Plus waiting for PPR rain for already finalized application

Reactions: ita_drgen

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I guess only IRCC staff is unvaccinated i really hope they process the back logs. In a way its a gud sign that there was no CEC draw. This way IRCC can finalize the pending applications. Plus waiting for PPR rain for already finalized application
Anyone hoping for FSW draws should also be hoping for the finalization of existing FSW apps. Otherwise more draws just means more adding to the pile, and I don't know what IRCC's stance is towards that.

If we see FSW Outland applicants getting CoPR, that's extremely good news for all of us. We need to comment if we see any outland FSWs on Facebook, other forums, YouTube, MyImmiTracker, etc. receiving PPR.

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
I just want the processing time page to start showing that they are processing FSW apps. Surely that's not too much to hope for. Sigh.

Reactions: ita_drgen

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah you go to beach parties, and bbq picnics and there is no covid and the only covid happens in the office so you do it from the bedroom. pathetic !!!!
Yes, I couldn't picture Canada's perspective of covid any better than this myself. They partied like crazy, gambled, went to hikings, picnics, restaurants, concerts, bars all day every day during the entire summer, but when it comes to returning to office to do the job they're paid for "there is covid..we can't return". :rolleyes:

Actually this should make the news. I wonder what the average Canadian who had to work during the entire pandemic would think of the government if they learn this.

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Anyone hoping for FSW draws should also be hoping for the finalization of existing FSW apps. Otherwise more draws just means more adding to the pile, and I don't know what IRCC's stance is towards that.

If we see FSW Outland applicants getting CoPR, that's extremely good news for all of us. We need to comment if we see any outland FSWs on Facebook, other forums, YouTube, MyImmiTracker, etc. receiving PPR.
True buddy

Reactions: pbhanot

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Did it change? Don’t remember how it was before.
It's been the same since the Pandemic. The processing time is usually checked here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

What's confusing is the above link application says "Check application status" but gives processing times.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

The above link also gives processing times which is what you have posted. It's so f***king confusing.

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Well, they could do that now. Why wait to get re-elected to improve things? It's infuriating that JT's party acknowledges a delay in processing times but fails to let the applicants updated on how or when they will process applications.

lol total election propaganda.... they think people are stupid to believe that. They are totally buying votes with this...

Reactions: RSub

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
lol total election propaganda.... they think people are stupid to believe that. They are totally buying votes with this...
Every party says what they think people want to hear. It is literally the whole point of elections. It would be absolutely foolhardy of people to think the Conservatives are going to make any radical changes to immigration policy when their whole party stance has never been as progressive on that point as the Liberals or NDP, in the last decade.