+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

abhiram.kumar

Dec 7, 2018
I predicted that they would soon go after international students. Their poll numbers are tanking hard and it looks like the conservatives are going to cruise towards a victory. Lol. They would need to slash the temporary migrant numbers by half to at least make a dent in affordability.

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
OINP seem to have messed up, I hear they have sent 1000s of NOI in the Job offer stream and have created a ruckus, I have received 5 phone calls in the last 3 days from friends, colleagues, former colleagues who have questions either how they proceed or they have been asked by someone else. I saw posts in FB in the Kubeir group here in forums begging folks on how to get these sponsorship details from ITES employers.
- To those who I spoke with I had to tell sorry as far as I understand that job offer PNP stream is like a employer sponsorship. I know in my company there is a strict no policy from the country HR head on these Province Sponsorships, they have very similar restriction on LMIA also.
- I'm curious to know if any regular F500 or large ITES employer do give employees such sponsorships?
- The reason I ask is, from my experience working 20+ years in these ITES firms I strongly doubt HR/legal/Immigration department personnel in these companies will log into the OINP portal with an employer login and fill in all those details for the sake of an employee. At most they give a letter and try to get away.
I feel OINP is either scamming poor applicants or smoking weed.
Most Canadian based F500 (big banks/insurance) in my experience aren't prepared for this this kind of situation as they always assumed that most people working would be able to get PR on their own - that has been the case for the most part. I believe next year is going to be the year where that won't be the case (assuming they don't give yet another PGWP extension policy).

As for HR policies, its a crapshoot to be honest. Smaller established companies may be more lenient than bigger ones - I know a case where an employer didn't want to sponsor LMIA (he needed it due to age) but he was able to get himself an LMIA by getting hired through a consultancy and getting contracted to his own team, so kept his job as is). I don't know the legality of it but I heard some director in that particular big 5 may have pulled some shady stuff under the table against their own HR's policy.

Perhaps, they will stop hiring people with an open work permit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord_Tony

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
OINP seem to have messed up, I hear they have sent 1000s of NOI in the Job offer stream and have created a ruckus, I have received 5 phone calls in the last 3 days from friends, colleagues, former colleagues who have questions either how they proceed or they have been asked by someone else. I saw posts in FB in the Kubeir group here in forums begging folks on how to get these sponsorship details from ITES employers.
- To those who I spoke with I had to tell sorry as far as I understand that job offer PNP stream is like a employer sponsorship. I know in my company there is a strict no policy from the country HR head on these Province Sponsorships, they have very similar restriction on LMIA also.
- I'm curious to know if any regular F500 or large ITES employer do give employees such sponsorships?
- The reason I ask is, from my experience working 20+ years in these ITES firms I strongly doubt HR/legal/Immigration department personnel in these companies will log into the OINP portal with an employer login and fill in all those details for the sake of an employee. At most they give a letter and try to get away.
I feel OINP is either scamming poor applicants or smoking weed.
OINP isn't scamming anyone tbh. These systems shouldn't be designed to give anyone anything. There's a bar to reach a sponsorship. Coming to Ontario specific employers:
I know Docebo, Toronto (https://www.docebo.com/company/recruitment-privacy-policy/) does. Even mid sized companies like Vidyard do it, and most $1mil+ revenue companies that are a part of MaRS would do it. F500s have resources to do it, they just need a very strong reason for doing it as the request is a bit unusual. I personally know 5 professionals who were were offered a sponsorship by employers who used MaRS startup services (who also worked with IRCC during the lovely COVID era).

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
OINP isn't scamming anyone tbh. These systems shouldn't be designed to give anyone anything. There's a bar to reach a sponsorship. Coming to Ontario specific employers:
I know Docebo, Toronto (https://www.docebo.com/company/recruitment-privacy-policy/) does. Even mid sized companies like Vidyard do it, and most $1mil+ revenue companies that are a part of MaRS would do it. F500s have resources to do it, they just need a very strong reason for doing it as the request is a bit unusual. I personally know 5 professionals who were were offered a sponsorship by employers who used MaRS startup services (who also worked with IRCC during the lovely COVID era).
You are right, I agree the bar for sponsorship must be high because
1) Employer gives a legal commitment for 3 years of future work for the employee. They can't fire him/her except for disciplinary actions.
2) There is so much coordination needed to be done by HR/Legal/immigration departments within the company to enable this sponsorship for an employee. Which they can't for every Tom dick and harry. Definitely not the Lambdas we often talk about in this thread.

From what I understand most other provinces make the employer nominate first or submit the nomination forms, based on which they send the NOI to the employee. What I meant as a scam is OINP sending 1000s of NOI blindly to employees first. Then the employees will struggle with sponsorship documentation. The clever ones will find the catch and not apply. I'm sure some of the lambdas or the less brainy ones who have received NOIs now might pay the fee and then later realize the employer won't sponsor them. :rolleyes:

Apart from sponsorship based on merit, let me tell my personal experience,
- One of my customers wanted me to join them. It is a interesting business and had just started on a large program that will go for 5-6 years so I showed interest.
- I worked briefly for one of their VPs who reports to the CIO, he called me a couple of times, after all interviews and they arranged for the final HR discussion.
- The company right from the start told me they will sponsor me for PR in Quebec (CSQ or whatever it is called), after my employer experience I felt that was good.
- I didn't end up joining them because the initial pay they offered me was 50% of my current pay (mine current one is a a decent pay not large) and after a lot of negotiation they went up to 65% of what I make.
- Their reasoning was the pay they offered me was inline with what their M4 who move from their India offices to Montreal are given, they sponsor those employee WP and PR as well. However I'm felt some employers use this sponsorship probably as a mechanism to lowball the pay.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi guys, I need advise. My sister got invited to submit application for PR via express entry. For her proof of funds, I wrote a letter stating that I will provide it to her when she arrives in Canada. Since I am already a PR in Canada I thought it would be easier that way and I also provided my bank statements. However, she got a request stating that she needs to provide an updated personal POF in her name and not in someone else's name (lol), with a transaction history of the related account for the past 6 months and explain all the sources of funds to her account. I have transferred the full PoF to her account now. Is it enough for her to write a letter explaining her source of funds that it was from me. How do we go about this. Any advise will be helpful. Our time is running out.
I'm going to be brutally honest with you: you might have jeopardized your sister's chance to be approved for PR. IRCC expects that all PR applicants be self-reliant and have enough funds to fend for themselves without relying on anyone else as they are supposed to be working professionals with means to earn and contribute to the economy. You should have transferred that money to her account from the get-go, wait 4-6 months and then draw a statement. What you did might be ok for a sponsorship but it's a no-no for a PR primary applicant.

IRCC already knows you are loaning your sister the money so it's technically not hers to keep. They know you are giving her the money to fool them into thinking she has money.

At this point, all you do is respond to the ADR with her PoF explaining that you are gifting her the money, and hope IRCC buys it.

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
You are right, I agree the bar for sponsorship must be high because
1) Employer gives a legal commitment for 3 years of future work for the employee. They can't fire him/her except for disciplinary actions.
2) There is so much coordination needed to be done by HR/Legal/immigration departments within the company to enable this sponsorship for an employee. Which they can't for every Tom dick and harry. Definitely not the Lambdas we often talk about in this thread.

From what I understand most other provinces make the employer nominate first or submit the nomination forms, based on which they send the NOI to the employee. What I meant as a scam is OINP sending 1000s of NOI blindly to employees first. Then the employees will struggle with sponsorship documentation. The clever ones will find the catch and not apply. I'm sure some of the lambdas or the less brainy ones who have received NOIs now might pay the fee and then later realize the employer won't sponsor them. :rolleyes:

Apart from sponsorship based on merit, let me tell my personal experience,
- One of my customers wanted me to join them. It is a interesting business and had just started on a large program that will go for 5-6 years so I showed interest.
- I worked briefly for one of their VPs who reports to the CIO, he called me a couple of times, after all interviews and they arranged for the final HR discussion.
- The company right from the start told me they will sponsor me for PR in Quebec (CSQ or whatever it is called), after my employer experience I felt that was good.
- I didn't end up joining them because the initial pay they offered me was 50% of my current pay (mine current one is a a decent pay not large) and after a lot of negotiation they went up to 65% of what I make.
- Their reasoning was the pay they offered me was inline with what their M4 who move from their India offices to Montreal are given, they sponsor those employee WP and PR as well. However I'm felt some employers use this sponsorship probably as a mechanism to lowball the pay.
You are right! I failed to factor OINP sending NOIs which are likely to fail and lowballing.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
There are several groups of Canadians. One group is what you described. They are older folks with properties. They don't want to lose money. They vote for anything that makes their small bungalow cost 1+ mill. Another group is younger folks. They don't see an opportunity to buy a house/condo. The problem is that they don't vote; they raise their frustrations on Reddit.

There is enough labor in Canada. As a matter of fact, there has been a round of layoffs among constructions folks. Many projects are halted because of the increased interest rates.
Well, democracy works for those who vote. If majority is young people and they vote, True-blow will never say "Housing is not a federal concern". He will dare not say that. If you can win elections on young base, all of a sudden you will see land being found and released for one housing project after another.

BTW, look at the house ownership data as well... Canadian, by majority are home owners. It used to be 70% or so in 2011s, I guess it is now in 66% or so. And thats why you win elections by more expensive houses.

Right now, lowering house prices is taboo. You make them lose election on not doing that, you will get cheap housing.

If you think about, one way to solve this problem is to simply flood the country with a lot of young people who get citizenship. To the point oldies can not sway elections. And then flood gates for land and housing will open.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneStepAtATime

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
So they need more talent not the lambda types
I've seen the word "lambda" tossed around a lot. What type of people does it refer to? Is it a Canadian thing? Urban dictionary didn't help much :D

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I've seen the word "lambda" tossed around a lot. What type of people does it refer to? Is it a Canadian thing? Urban dictionary didn't help much :D
They are the sacrificial Lambs for Canada. They are the folks who spend their own money to come to Canada and end up serving Canadian community. They take out loans and come to Canada to “study”, do odd part time jobs, and end up pursuing full time career as Uber Eats driver or food service provider, and serve the Canadian Citizens and PR.

P4ndA

Mar 18, 2019
To whom it may concern,

I received an Invitation to Apply and proceeded to apply for Express Entry - Federal Skilled Worker, then submitted on December 16th, 2022.

On June 22nd, 2023, I arrived in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

On July 6th, 2023 I received the Ready-For-Visa letter, and I replied to the letter on the same date via web form as instructed in the Letter (about change of contact information). After submission, I received the automated email with the subject containing E-01-10200-10201-Update or ask about your application: Change or update your contact information-Permanent Residence-Federal Skilled Worker. The automated email confirmed the receipt of my IRCC Web Form.

To my understanding, I did as instructed in the letter and I am supposedly waiting for the portal credentials to log in for the next steps and to be landed virtually in Canada.

However, after calling to IRCC contact centre, an agent confirmed me that IRCC has not received anything replies from me since the date of the Ready-For-Visa letter sent out on July 6th, 2023.

Can you anyone help me with my case please ?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Actually the term originated when this college called Lambton college was known to enroll massive numbers of intl students that would have no career prospects in the courses that they took. Basically studying to end up working part time or survival jobs. This user called @dankboi just started calling the students that attended there lamdas and the term has just stuck lol