+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
You are free to dream. My educated guess is for this year most of the STEM (at least IT) jobs vacancy is planned to be filled with H1b to WP applicants, which is why there are hardly any ITAs.
The ITAs issued now anyways won’t be able to able to be part of the workforce for a good year or so. So no I don’t think that is the reason. The article clearly states that this number is to be from express entry. The 10k invites to H1B holders is probably to fill up the current workforce demand.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I get LMIA requests from managers for PGWP workers too, I ask them if the candidate falling below 50 percentile talent warrants a LMIA supported job offer and a median pay that's above the average market pay. The answer is usually no!

The logic from Finance and legal here is very clear - can't offer higher than median/median salaries to less than 50 percentile workers, and can't offer less than median salary for a LMIA supported job offer(that's a liability).

Majority of PGWPs are less than 30 percentile talent, which naturally reduces their chances of LMIA. HRs are not always anti-LMIA, but there are controls we put in place with SOPs, liability clauses, etc that dictate the outcome. Skill gap is a true problem in landing a LMIA supported job offer.
I agree and see the reasoning behind the first 2 points at the end of the day business matters. The last one though sounds like Canada's education doesn't help build the skills it needs and not the students fault.

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
I see you logic, I wish you good luck to get your ITA and PR.
Even ITES companies unfortunately are not very keen to give LMIAs, I've a couple of PGWP former students in my team who have been demanding assistance but the country HR head is very firm not giving any.
But what I read in these forums and other immigration articles is the plight of the students right only 30% finally get PRs the others will be made to leave Canada. They will be replaced with new students/PGWP or more WP workers. I'm sorry if I sound negative here. IRCC and companies are in the business of making money not doing social service nor do they care about the plight of the students.
I would love to know how many of those 70% of WP workers were rightfully employed under TEER 1-3 occupation. I'm under the impression that a significant number were just working TEER 4 jobs or some people decided that it was time and went back to their country without bothering getting PR (surprisingly a lot of people as I came from a top university).

Sometime I regret myself not getting into smaller unknown companies (and getting LMIA) that way. However I knew that my work experience with a F500 company is more recognizable back home. I could also simply work for a year and gain a like 20 points and come back (my points would be above 550 at that time). With that said, Its kinda sad that working in Canada for the full 3 years net less points than (2 years in Canada + 1 year abroad)

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I would love to know how many of those 70% of WP workers were rightfully employed under TEER 1-3 occupation. I'm under the impression that a significant number were just working TEER 4 jobs or some people decided that it was time and went back to their country without bothering getting PR (surprisingly a lot of people as I came from a top university).

Sometime I regret myself not getting into smaller unknown companies (and getting LMIA) that way. However I knew that my work experience with a F500 company is more recognizable back home. I could also simply work for a year and gain a like 20 points and come back (my points would be above 550 at that time). With that said, Its kinda sad that working in Canada for the full 3 years net less points than (2 years in Canada + 1 year abroad)
I'm F500 (was offered LMIA too). You are approaching it wrongly.

You want LMIA from a F500, HR is the wrong person to start with(unless you've something similar to Meta Immigration team in your org). Your network is your leverage in a F500. In a scale-up, your relationship with the power-leader is everything. Instead of going to a pencil-pusher like HR, see if your network allows you to leverage your Director or VP and involve them as a champion for an LMIA supported job offer. I've never seen a Senior Manager being able to influence these decisions, as we naturally turn them down and they are rarely at a position to negotiate with us.

Find your champion in your F500, leverage networking/internal referrals, build an image that you are treating your career as a product, and see the opportunities it can generate.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023

I agree with you spurious employers selling LMIAs to unqualified students is a crime, I'm not sure how it can be proved though, There should be tighter laws to stop that.
On the abroad experience giving more points for these 2-3 years experience It is sad to hear IRCC does that to local students from good universities like you vs some diploma mill candidates. But it looks like these diploma mills are where politicians and education business crooks are screwing both the students and the country.

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
On the abroad experience giving more points for these 2-3 years experience It is sad to hear IRCC does that to local students from good universities like you vs some diploma mill candidates
Yeah, I messed around with the calculator and found out that I would gain +27 points this way. That's very high and that would explain why CRS gets very inflated nowadays (esp. with the rise of those colleges).

Last edited:

abhiram.kumar

Dec 7, 2018
I see you logic, I wish you good luck to get your ITA and PR.
Even ITES companies unfortunately are not very keen to give LMIAs, I've a couple of PGWP former students in my team who have been demanding assistance but the country HR head is very firm not giving any.
But what I read in these forums and other immigration articles is the plight of the students right only 30% finally get PRs the others will be made to leave Canada. They will be replaced with new students/PGWP or more WP workers. I'm sorry if I sound negative here. IRCC and companies are in the business of making money not doing social service nor do they care about the plight of the students.
The problem is not IRCC, it’s a combination of desperation from the students and agents back in their home countries who give them false hopes. Correct me if I’m wrong but I have never seen any advertisement from IRCC guaranteeing permanent residency to anyone who studies in Canada. The requirements of Canada’s immigration programs are extremely clear. The fault lies purely on the students who have built unrealistic expectations about Canada. There’s also the fact that there are some dumb international students who take TikTok and instagram videos with sports cars in order to gain their 30 seconds of fame and lure others back home into this trap. Gen Z is beyond a doubt, the dumbest generation and I say this as a millennial who used to think my generation was the dumbest. The Liberals, right now are in such a bad spot when it comes to housing and polling, there’s a huge probability that they’re going to introduce caps on students visas and temporary workers pretty soon. They’ve already realised that the uncapped nature of temporary migrants is a huge issue and puts an enormous strain on Canada’s infrastructure. If implemented, I’m expecting a huge blow to the diploma mills in Canada and the entire human smuggling industry in India.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
This could be huge for STEM folks! 12,000 invites might bring the score down to 430's or even 420's
I doubt it might go this low. We would be looking at around 2000-2500 invites per month for STEM. Going by OINPs Tech draw numbers, it looks like lot of STEM candidates in the 470s and 460s. I mean even a draw size of 1000 is coved in a CRS range of 4-5 points and they have fewer NOC codes as well. No one can guess the distribution of candidates according to NOC but an educated guess would be 460+ provided there are regular STEM draws. A lot would depend on the draw size.

hopeiz

Oct 19, 2022
I have a situation and am wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing too, for contest I received my ITA EE FSW March 21 2023, and submitted all documents and payments as requested by may 20,2023 , did my medical, and biometric. On my application status tracker everything says completed, but I have not gotten any update or final decision. Is anyone going through same thing.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I have a situation and am wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing too, for contest I received my ITA EE FSW March 21 2023, and submitted all documents and payments as requested by may 20,2023 , did my medical, and biometric. On my application status tracker everything says completed, but I have not gotten any update or final decision. Is anyone going through same thing.
There's an entire thread here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-stages-passed-waiting-copr-track-here.720758/page-69

It is nothing to worry about (unless they sent an email which was never received or they sent an email but you missed it somehow). Call IRCC to confirm if they have sent/not sent you an email.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
It's still sooo easy to get PR as a student. You really have to be dumb as a rock to not get it.

If you have Bachelor's + 2 year exp + max 1 language =499
Masters + 1 year exp + max language = 501

Even if you're just going to a college. If you go to nova scotia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and maybe alberta, you can get a pnp easily. Most students can't think critically. They follow the herd to BC, Ontario

ravyn

Jan 10, 2023
I doubt it might go this low. We would be looking at around 2000-2500 invites per month for STEM. Going by OINPs Tech draw numbers, it looks like lot of STEM candidates in the 470s and 460s. I mean even a draw size of 1000 is coved in a CRS range of 4-5 points and they have fewer NOC codes as well. No one can guess the distribution of candidates according to NOC but an educated guess would be 460+ provided there are regular STEM draws. A lot would depend on the draw size.
That could very well be true, my estimate was based on the percentage of STEM in the pool during the first STEM draw, but different CRS ranges probably have different percentages of STEM applicants

abhiram.kumar

Dec 7, 2018
It's still sooo easy to get PR as a student. You really have to be dumb as a rock to not get it.

If you have Bachelor's + 2 year exp + max 1 language =499
Masters + 1 year exp + max language = 501

Even if you're just going to a college. If you go to nova scotia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and maybe alberta, you can get a pnp easily. Most students can't think critically. They follow the herd to BC, Ontario
You nailed it. A significant number of them are bottom barrel when it comes to language skills and job skills. A lot of them who do trash tier courses from colleges don’t have great employment prospects and are stuck doing low skilled jobs at Tims, Walmart and McDonalds. They are the biggest whiners and the simple fact is that Canada doesn’t want them to stay permanently. They are net drains on society. The country gets majority of its income tax revenue from only 20% of the working population. Minimum wage workers contribute the least amount of taxes and require the most benefits. When you have a lot of these people in your country, it puts an enormous strain on resources and discourages businesses from adopting productivity enhancement measures. The biggest benefactors of the student visa program and TFW program are McDonalds, Tims and Walmarts. People working in these businesses have barely seen any wage growth because they’re easily replaceable by an endless stream of students and TFWs. They also have the least incentive to automate or innovate because they have easy access to cheap labour. It’s awful for the local working class population and the students who come in.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
Results: Rounds of invitations
No Program Specified
Number of invitations issued:
4,300Footnote *
Rank required to be invited to apply: 4,300 or above
Date and time of round: August 15, 2023 at 14:23:51 UTC
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 496
Tie-breaking rule: August 01, 2023 at 12:59:52 UTC

Looks like no category based draw this time around !

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Results: Rounds of invitations
No Program Specified
Number of invitations issued:
4,300Footnote *
Rank required to be invited to apply: 4,300 or above
Date and time of round: August 15, 2023 at 14:23:51 UTC
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 496
Tie-breaking rule: August 01, 2023 at 12:59:52 UTC

Looks like no category based draw this time around !
it looks like a Spaghetti with OINP, IRCC messing with everyone last 4-5 days confusing and leaving everyone clueless.