Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
He's juggling both sides now. Some of his tweets are on plight of international students, others are against immigration.
Its simple. No publicity is bad publicity. He is a glorified pencil pusher and not a lawyer.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

abhiram.kumar

Dec 7, 2018
Yeah he definitely seems pretty anti immigration these days, which is very funny cause he is an immigration consultant. Like I understand trying to open people's eyes and make them understand the reality but the way he demeans in his video is not really cool. I don't care about his videos at all.
After watching the video, I can say that he does have a point about international students though. Some of them are very entitled and the biggest whiners on the planet. PR is not a guarantee in Canada after education and nowhere is it even promised. They’re the ones who chose to study in Canada so they’ve got no one but themselves to blame if things don’t go as per their expectations.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
He is not speaking in English I'm not able to understand.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
https://www.cicnews.com/2023/08/ircc-outlines-targets-for-category-based-express-entry-invitations-0836636.html#gs.4enqtw

STEM - 28-30%
French - 11-15%
Healthcare - 12%
Trades - 3-4%
Agri - 1-2%
Transport - 1-2%

Assuming IRCC continues to invite 8000 candidates till Dec, it means another 40000 invites. Which would amount to :

12000 invites to STEM
6000 invites for French
4800 invites for healthcare
1600 invites for Trades
800 each for Agri and Transport
~15000 for General Draws

(Don’t know how PNP would account into all of this and not accounting for IRCCs inconsistency)

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
https://www.cicnews.com/2023/08/ircc-outlines-targets-for-category-based-express-entry-invitations-0836636.html#gs.4enqtw

STEM - 28-30%
French - 11-15%
Healthcare - 12%
Trades - 3-4%
Agri - 1-2%
Transport - 1-2%

Assuming IRCC continues to invite 8000 candidates till Dec, it means another 40000 invites. Which would amount to :

12000 invites to STEM
6000 invites for French
1600 invites for Trades
~15000 for General Draws

(Don’t know how PNP would account into all of this and not accounting for IRCCs inconsistency)
it should be less for french and more for other categories actually, since they already invited 6900 french and only 500 stem. They've already used a lot of the french quota.

I believe that this week we should see an stem draw, unless they decide to do a french draw again.....

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
it should be less for french and more for other categories actually, since they already invited 6900 french and only 500 stem. They've already used a lot of the french quota.

I believe that this week we should see an stem draw, unless they decide to do a french draw again.....
Let’s give them the benefit because of IRCCs love for the category

P4ndA

Mar 18, 2019
Greeting fellows,

My situation is as follows:

- I am an Outland Express Entry applicant and I received and accepted the ITA back in 2022.
- On July 6th, I received the "Request Letter/Ready-For-Visa" letter in my CIC mailbox. Then there is a section that says "If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas)."
I replied via webform on the same date (July 6th) to update my current residential address in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Then I received the automated response via email saying the IRCC had confirmed the receipt of my inquiry.
- However, it took me a few calls with the IRCC agent to finally get my current contact information updated. It seemed like webform did not ever reach them.

- Then today, I called them again because my case is now supposedly processed as an In-land application (receiving the portal login credentials and all that..) and found out that IRCC has NEVER RECEIVED my reply on July 6th to the "Request Letter/Ready-For-Visa". So I submitted another webform today.

My questions are:
1) Do webform submissions really reach the IRCC officers?
2) What is the timeline that a webform reaches the IRCC and gets processed?
3) Does anyone have any other ways to contact officers (email, office telephone..) to confirm the IRCC receipt and potentially speed up the process?

ravyn

Jan 10, 2023

STEM - 28-30%
French - 11-15%
Healthcare - 12%
Trades - 3-4%
Agri - 1-2%
Transport - 1-2%

12000 invites to STEM
6000 invites for French
1600 invites for Trades
~15000 for General Draws

This could be huge for STEM folks! 12,000 invites might bring the score down to 430's or even 420's

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
This could be huge for STEM folks! 12,000 invites might bring the score down to 430's or even 420's
I have the thought that most people in the pool with high scores are stem... for some reason I think that even if they invite 4000 stem in one draw, the score won't go down 475.... The reason I believe that is that ontario tech draws generally invite around 800-1000 people and the distribution of those people are between 5 points... 458-462 in the last draw for example. And stem has even more nocs than the oinp tech draw.
But, nobody knows the actual distribution so I hope I'm wrong...

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
You are free to dream. My educated guess is for this year most of the STEM (at least IT) jobs vacancy is planned to be filled with H1b to WP applicants, which is why there are hardly any ITAs.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Many tech workers working in Canada would lose their job next year due to their PGWP expiring if they don't do tech draw. Assuming significant part of companies won't do an LMIA to existing workers.

In my experience, non tech companies (big banks, insurances, etc) are less likely to entertain LMIA or PNP (if it requires them to show effort of recruiting Canadian which is he case for most employer sponsored PNP). Kinda sad because those stuffs (for PNP) aren't binding like an LMIA would.
I see you logic, I wish you good luck to get your ITA and PR.
Even ITES companies unfortunately are not very keen to give LMIAs, I've a couple of PGWP former students in my team who have been demanding assistance but the country HR head is very firm not giving any.
But what I read in these forums and other immigration articles is the plight of the students right only 30% finally get PRs the others will be made to leave Canada. They will be replaced with new students/PGWP or more WP workers. I'm sorry if I sound negative here. IRCC and companies are in the business of making money not doing social service nor do they care about the plight of the students.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I see you logic, I wish you good luck to get your ITA and PR.
Even ITES companies unfortunately are not very keen to give LMIAs, I've a couple of PGWP former students in my team who have been demanding assistance but the country HR head is very firm not giving any.
But what I read in these forums and other immigration articles is the plight of the students right only 30% finally get PRs the others will be made to leave Canada. They will be replaced with new students/PGWP or more WP workers. I'm sorry if I sound negative here. IRCC and companies are in the business of making money not doing social service nor do they care about the plight of the students.
I get LMIA requests from managers for PGWP workers too, I ask them if the candidate falling below 50 percentile talent warrants a LMIA supported job offer and a median pay that's above the average market pay. The answer is usually no!

The logic from Finance and legal here is very clear - can't offer higher than median/median salaries to less than 50 percentile workers, and can't offer less than median salary for a LMIA supported job offer(that's a liability).

Majority of PGWPs are less than 30 percentile talent, which naturally reduces their chances of LMIA. HRs are not always anti-LMIA, but there are controls we put in place with SOPs, liability clauses, etc that dictate the outcome. Skill gap is a true problem in landing a LMIA supported job offer.

Last edited:

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
You are free to dream. My educated guess is for this year most of the STEM (at least IT) jobs vacancy is planned to be filled with H1b to WP applicants, which is why there are hardly any ITAs.
The ITAs issued now anyways won’t be able to able to be part of the workforce for a good year or so. So no I don’t think that is the reason. The article clearly states that this number is to be from express entry. The 10k invites to H1B holders is probably to fill up the current workforce demand.

Reactions: Lord_Tony