Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Of course they are, imagine people coming from a place where temperatures rarely go below 25 degrees Celsius arriving to Montreal in the middle of February.

The point is that if the US was so great as some posters here think, they would have never left in the first place.
Again, read about the migrant crisis in US. You don't know what you are talking about.

Feb 10, 2023
I am new at this, so please bear with me. I just calculation my CRS score comes to 469... I just wanted to check in with the experts on this forum - with this score what are my chances of getting PR with this score? What immigration programs should I be looking at? I haven't started my application yet...looking for some guidance.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I am new at this, so please bear with me. I just calculation my CRS score comes to 469... I just wanted to check in with the experts on this forum - with this score what are my chances of getting PR with this score? What immigration programs should I be looking at? I haven't started my application yet...looking for some guidance.
Are you inside canada or outside canada?

If you are inside Canada, there may be a way. PNP is what you should be looking at ... with a job offer that is.

If you are outside Canada, it will get much harder. Again PNP is your friend, but now you will be fighting very few non job offer PNP. There are some pilot programs which do not need job offer but you will be living somewhere cold, dark and lonely.

Or... you can ask @mushymush to teach you french! it takes time though.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Look at this beauty for 699k only! Do you think that tiny shed on the right is a bathroom?! I don't wanna have unrealistic expectation. Pinch me if I am dreaming.

I'll bring my trusty lota from India and go to the jungle every morning if I have to at this price. Having a tin-shed over your head so that one doesn't freeze to death in the winters will be my number 1 priority. Everything else is a luxury in the 2nd largest sized first-world developed country on this planet.

In the next express entry, Canada should consider inviting Chapris in express entry so that they can solve construction worker crisis. They can build makeshift blue sheds. Or how about good old Bihari Majdoors from India. We will make those people truly global citizens.

Imagine a colorful blue shed instead of a gray-a** shed above.
Why will you live in it if you can get a Condo? I do not know about Toronto, but you can get a Condo for 500-600K in GVA, not downtown Vancouver but around it.

I think interest rates will drop in few years. One or two then a mortgage which is costing 3000 will come down to 2200. 6-7% rate right now is costing 3000 or so for a 480K mortgage (if you bought 600K condo). It will cost 2120 on a modest decrease to 3.4% per annum. And yes it is possible. 3.4% pa is very much possible in coming years.

Reactions: RSub

Arod

May 15, 2017
Again, read about the migrant crisis in US. You don't know what you are talking about.
What does the "migrant crisis" have to do with Venezuelans wanting to leave the US because the quality of life is not what they expected?

Did you even read my link?

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Is anyone here from Singapore?
How does living in Singapore vs living in Canada?
Singapore PR vs Canada PR?
Which one is better for long term?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
What does the "migrant crisis" have to do with Venezuelans wanting to leave the US because the quality of life is not what they expected?

Did you even read my link?
You wouldn’t be asking if you read about the recent crisis. Go educate yourself.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Usually, we do not like to live in DT. I don't know about Toronto, but I know about Vancouver. Trust me, you will not like to live there. Never. Given most of the places have gone hybrid, you will like to go to downtown once in a while. Like 2 times in a week or even less.

I know vancouver, if today I were to move to vancouver, here is what I will do:
1. Buy a place in New Westminister or Burnaby
https://www.realtor.ca/map#ZoomLevel=12&Center=49.257645,-123.123580&LatitudeMax=49.32661&LongitudeMax=-122.92050&LatitudeMin=49.18858&LongitudeMin=-123.32666&Sort=1-A&PGeoIds=g30_c2b2nw3h&GeoName=Vancouver, BC&PropertyTypeGroupID=1&PropertySearchTypeId=0&TransactionTypeId=2&BedRange=2-0&BathRange=2-0&Currency=CAD

This is costing 500-600K these days.

You need about 120K downpayment and 2800 per month for most flexible option of two year closed term. Thats close to a lot of rentals for 2 bedroom.

I think I can afford 2800 per month on a salary of 150K per month on mortgage. If my wife is not as lazy, she can chip in another 30K.

2. From both places, it takes 30-35 mins to downtown.
Toronto DT def attracts some undesirable people but overall it's not that bad.

One thing to know for everyone reading this; quality of buildings went down significantly. Think twice-thrice before purchasing a new condo. Or purchase an older building. Or better, purchase a townhouse or stand-alone house (I would prefer stand-alone but $$$$).

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
One thing to know for everyone reading this; quality of buildings went down significantly. Think twice-thrice before purchasing a new condo. Or purchase an older building. Or better, purchase a townhouse or stand-alone house (I would prefer stand-alone but $$$$).
Its... complicated.

In and around vancouver, double check anything from 85-99 vintage. These buildings have what is called envelop issues or Leaky Condo issues. Its pretty famous.

Newer condos are not built for living and mostly... trading or airbnb'ing. Most are VERY small like 400 sqft small. Thats smaller than a medium sized living room in SFH.

Its 2000-2010 and 1975-83 vintage that is good. The later can have age related issues so one must check AGM meetings for any upcoming special assessment.

Downtown buildings have urban heat island effect. They can get VERY VERY hot in summers. So AirCon is must.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I'm already with a US employer, I'm just doing remote work right now and could switch to H1B but as I said, becoming an H1B slave doesn't look very attractive at my age.
Are you from a country that has H1B quota? If not, how do you plan of switching to H1B given the lottery system? Is L1 an option for you??

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Problem is you cannot get work visa whenever you want to. For H1B, you need to go thru lottery system and lottery happens in April Each year but you can start working only after Oct 31st of that year. Other ways are L1A which applies to maangerial roles and you. An do intra comoany transfer. You need to ahve worked in the US company for atleast 1 year to be eligible fro L1 A. Your other resort is L1B which has its own crtiera. This is why I asked about H1B quota. Its not easy to come to US unless you are eligible for h1b lottery exemption or come from H1B quota country. For many of us, Canada works perfectly fine and US too. May be North America is not for you, bro,

D

Deleted member 1083629

This is why I left Canada. The only reason I applied for PR was because before COVID I got a lawyer and paid the first installment fee. After that, I didn't want to lose the money and I just went ahead. I would totally stay back in Moscow if not for a war. I mean why not? Government support for buying a home, had career in top tech company, family nearby, close friends, decent salary with the potential of making more.

And in Canada? Always have to be studying because of competition for jobs, salaries are way below COL, government doesn't help with buying houses at all, level of service is just crap.

I sincerely hope that Putin gets eliminated and sanctions will be lifted. I will be on the first plane back home.

• Wow
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo
D

Deleted member 1050918

Problem is you cannot get work visa whenever you want to. For H1B, you need to go thru lottery system and lottery happens in April Each year but you can start working only after Oct 31st of that year. Other ways are L1A which applies to maangerial roles and you. An do intra comoany transfer. You need to ahve worked in the US company for atleast 1 year to be eligible fro L1 A. Your other resort is L1B which has its own crtiera. This is why I asked about H1B quota. Its not easy to come to US unless you are eligible for h1b lottery exemption or come from H1B quota country. For many of us, Canada works perfectly fine and US too. May be North America is not for you, bro,
Like I said, I don't know about the details but a few of my friends who found jobs in the US just packed and moved. Same for me, can do internal transfer or whatever is needed, no issue. I can understand people from very crowded third world countries find it easier in North America, it's a big jump from what they have back home. Besides, they don't have any other choice either. Europe isn't for them. For me stakes are higher, I was quite comfortable at home already but wanted more. Sure I have ended up with more financially but I'm bored to death.

And in Canada? Always have to be studying because of competition for jobs, salaries are way below COL, government doesn't help with buying houses at all, level of service is just crap.
I'm not struggling financially, it's just that social aspect of it doesn't satisfy me. Back when I was a student here I thought the issue was money. I moved way past that now and nope, still the same people and the same issues.

D

Deleted member 994371

That's the thing though. So few South Americans in Canada.

Our Argentinian Kangaroo is one of a kind.