+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

Is this a halt in the draws though? I hope this is just temporary until they fix it (unless you think it will take them months to fix it, which is... not impossible since it's them we're talking about).

Or do you think that even one skipped draw can push scores up so much?
By halt, I mean any interruption in bi-weekly draws. Any interruption will push scores up noticeably. If they interrupt this week's draw, and another for Christmas/New Year's week, scores will very very likely go back to the 510s. That being said, everytime this has happened in the past 2 years, the scores spike, but also come down much quicker.

And I don't know if this is a halt. Maybe they just delayed it by a day or two. They have done that many times before, and I wouldn't call that a halt.

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
Does having a Government or Military work experience(In Personal History) can add further delay to one's application? maybe because of more intensive checks etc?

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Does having a Government or Military work experience(In Personal History) can add further delay to one's application? maybe because of more intensive checks etc?
In case of government work experience in Personal History, you could be requested to fill in form IMM0149 (Details about government services) at a later stage in your application process.

Reactions: ilikesnow

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
As much trash as I talk, I do think 480 is still a decent possibility for an ITA. The halt in draws, if that's what this is, will significantly push it back by a few months though.
I'll take all the encouragement I can get right now. Thank you. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: SatNight
D

Deleted member 1006777

I'll take all the encouragement I can get right now. Thank you. Fingers crossed.
If you have the time for it, I'd say start learning french tho. Even a B1 will get you 10 or so points, which wil make your score much much safer.

As an example, if I had those extra 10 points, I'd have had my ITA in 2019. I was considering french even back then, but I delayed starting and thought "why bother, scores will eventually come down." That's what a few points cost me. 3 years.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
In case of government work experience in Personal History, you could be requested to fill in form IMM0149 (Details about government services) at a later stage in your application process.
A quick question: What does "government work experience" include? My wife works as a University instructor at a public research university. That's not it, right?

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
If you have the time for it, I'd say start learning french tho. Even a B1 will get you 10 or so points, which wil make your score much much safer.

As an example, if I had those extra 10 points, I'd have had my ITA in 2019. I was considering french even back then, but I delayed starting and thought "why bother, scores will eventually come down." That's what a few points cost me. 3 years.
This is so true. French is a game changer. Although I'd argue that reaching B1 is a point when (according to my wife, I don't speak French) you might as well go for B2 and full 50 points. But yes, even without the bonus, those added points for B1 can be a game changer. And you can try for B1 in the test (again, my wife's advice) when you are A2 speaker. The trick is that preparing for a test you wish to take and practicing past questions can get you to a result of a higher level than you are.

D

Deleted member 1006777

This is so true. French is a game changer. Although I'd argue that reaching B1 is a point when (according to my wife, I don't speak French) you might as well go for B2 and full 50 points. But yes, even without the bonus, those added points for B1 can be a game changer. And you can try for B1 in the test (again, my wife's advice) when you are A2 speaker. The trick is that preparing for a test you wish to take and practicing past questions can get you to a result of a higher level than you are.
Oh I'm not suggesting that B1 is "enough" in any way. Just that while you're waiting for an ITA, you can increase your chances however you can and try to get at least a B1. The jump from B1 to B2 is very significant though. Personally, I won't be satisfied until I get a C1. But if the purpose is an ITA and a B1 gets you over the edge, it has served its purpose.

Like let's say the scores take 4 months to get to 485. It's very possible to get a B1 in 4 months, which would get you over that edge. However, I'd argue it isn't possible to get B2 in 4 months.

Reactions: SatNight

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019

What I'm missing? how is that a B1 gets you 10 points? B1 is NCLC 6, which gives you 1 point for each part.
I'm studying french these days I want those 50 points so I'm aiming for NCLC 7 at least.

Reactions: Jazkh
D

Deleted member 1006777

What I'm missing? how is that a B1 gets you 10 points? B1 is NCLC 6, which gives you 1 point for each part.
I'm studying french these days I want those 50 points so I'm aiming for NCLC 7 at least.
I think I remembered incorrectly then. B1 will give you 4, you're right. And NCLC7 will get you a total of 62. So maybe studying for a B1 isn't worth it after all

• Sad
Reactions: Jazkh