+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

DR.GULRASOOL

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Received ITA 23 Nov.
One question can anyone advice....I have upfront medicals from july 2022.... should i get them again?
I am pregnant now...and i am worried my medicals expire in july 2023 which is my due date too....
if IRCC is processing fast how will i add my baby after COPR and will they accept my re medicals after baby??

Pls help if anybody has info.

Thanks in advance.

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
Received ITA 23 Nov.
One question can anyone advice....I have upfront medicals from july 2022.... should i get them again?
I am pregnant now...and i am worried my medicals expire in july 2023 which is my due date too....
if IRCC is processing fast how will i add my baby after COPR and will they accept my re medicals after baby??

Pls help if anybody has info.

Thanks in advance.
Ur upfront med should still be valid. So go on with that but just to be safe, metion it somewhere (like in a LOE) that you are pregnant.

If the processing is quick, which has been the case recently, your application may be granted before July next year, and you will have the option to give birth to your baby in Canada, and he/she will be Canadian automatically; if you give birth before you land, you need to notify IRCC and wait for their instructions.

If the processing is slow, i.e. after July 2023, IRCC will usually order a remed, and by then depending on your situation you can either do it if the baby is already born, or write a LOE saying you will do it after the baby is born.

Doesn't matter which case it will be, you need to declare your baby if he/she is born before your landing.

And no point doing medical exam while you are pregnant as you cannot do the chest X-ray, which is sort of important.

DR.GULRASOOL

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Ur upfront med should still be valid. So go on with that but just to be safe, metion it somewhere (like in a LOE) that you are pregnant.

If the processing is quick, which has been the case recently, your application may be granted before July next year, and you will have the option to give birth to your baby in Canada, and he/she will be Canadian automatically; if you give birth before you land, you need to notify IRCC and wait for their instructions.

If the processing is slow, i.e. after July 2023, IRCC will usually order a remed, and by then depending on your situation you can either do it if the baby is already born, or write a LOE saying you will do it after the baby is born.

Doesn't matter which case it will be, you need to declare your baby if he/she is born before your landing.

And no point doing medical exam while you are pregnant as you cannot do the chest X-ray, which is sort of important.
Thank you for replying..

I plan to deliver before going to Canada. So I am worried if COPR is received before the baby and my medicals are expiring. Will IRCC accept update of my baby with my re-medicals at that point of time?

Re-doing medicals now is only so that I can buy time and it will be evident about pregnancy to IRCC...But I amvery confused..

Really appreciate your prompt response!

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
Thank you for replying..

I plan to deliver before going to Canada. So I am worried if COPR is received before the baby and my medicals are expiring. Will IRCC accept update of my baby with my re-medicals at that point of time?

Re-doing medicals now is only so that I can buy time and it will be evident about pregnancy to IRCC...But I amvery confused..

Really appreciate your prompt response!
It's totally fine. You can declare your new born baby at any point of time before your landing. IRCC will send you some form to fill out, and possibly a remed for you, even if you already have CoPR. Remember your CoPR is valid as a proof of PR only after an CBSA officer, who examines you at the border, puts a signature on it.

Failure of declaring your baby will result in an exclusion order on the ground of misrepresentation..

DR.GULRASOOL

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
It's totally fine. You can declare your new born baby at any point of time before your landing. IRCC will send you some form to fill out, and possibly a remed for you, even if you already have CoPR. Remember your CoPR is valid as a proof of PR only after an CBSA officer, who examines you at the border, puts a signature on it.

Failure of declaring your baby will result in an exclusion order on the ground of misrepresentation..

Thanks for the info.! :)

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
Hi!
I am expecting ITA in the next draw and myPCC ( from India) will expire on 28 Dec.
Should I get a new one?
If the PCC is valid at the time of AOR, would it be okay? Or they can demand a new one?