+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
You can go get a new PCC if you want to feel doubly safe/sure, but it is not a requirement, as can clearly be seen from the IRCC guidelines you have posted. This is what happened with me: I had a PCC issued from Pakistan in 2014. I submitted my Express Entry application in September 2020 and I used the same Pakistani PCC that was issued in 2014. Reason: I was living in Saudi Arabia, and even though I travelled to Pakistan during the summer every year and stayed in Pakistan for 2 or 3 months every year (during the vacations) from 2014 to 2020, I never stayed there for six months in a row. I remember at that time, one forum member kept pushing me to get a new PCC by saying: "Do you think they will accept such an old PCC? Never." Not just here in the public chat, but also in private messages. I copied and showed him the same text that you did, but he kept insisting that my application would be rejected because I was submitting an "outdated" PCC. Even legalfalcon (who I had tagged) joined in and told the gentleman that he was wrong, but he refused to budge. My passport was stamped in January 2022 and I landed in Canada in June 2022.

So, to sum up: from what you have described, a new PCC from India is not required, but at the end of the day, it is your application and if you have any doubts and want to be on the safe side, there is no harm in getting a new PCC.
You're totally right but it's just I can't trust IRCC anymore, last year I had PNP nomination and my sister forgot to upload ECA report in PR application, a month after AOR they cancelled my application as it has missing documents, I tried to get my application re-instated by raising multiple webforms, reaching to some emails but no luck! Alberta nomination isn't transferable to new EE profile so it took me almost a year to get another nomination, I just don't want to risk anything, even with silly things this time.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I'm not sure if anyone will feel sympathy for my friend, but here it is:

My friend is an IRCC immigration officer. Two years ago, he rented out his basement to a guy. The tenant stopped paying after a few months. Guess how long he stayed there rent-free. Ready? A YEAR AND A HALF! My friend finally got a judgement against the guy and had him removed from his property, but my friend didn't get a dime from the tenant. My friend said that the previous tenant was an Indian lady who had a steady job and always paid her rent on time for 3 years. That had given my friend a false sense of security, and he was not as diligent as he could have been with the new deadbeat. This is not the only horror story that I have heard, so yeah... I understand where the landlords are coming from. Full disclosure: As a new immigrant, I also couldn't find a place because I didn't have anything (credit score, previous landlord's reference, pay stubs etc.). It was a terrible experience. My friend who is a professor at the University of Toronto co-signed the rental agreement with me and I was finally able to rent a place.

On a happier note: I didn't really do a serious job hunt for the first couple of weeks... Just browsed through some websites. You see, I am an IELTS examiner and I got myself transferred to the Toronto office, so I was not in a rush to look for a new job. However, after a few weeks, I realized there was not going to be as much IELTS work as I expected, so I turned on my computer one day and decided to do a serious job-hunt. Less than 24 hours later, I had signed a contract for a new job. Sure, it is just a part-time job, but between my IELTS work and this other one, I can survive for now without having to touch my savings. I have one or two other applications going that I have a very good feeling about, so things are looking rosy for me. Moral of the story (repeated here a thousand times, but worth repeating once more): Moving to a new country has its challenges, and there will be some tough times, but it is possible to make a good life for yourself here.
Hmmm....An IELTS examiner who is friends with an IRCC officer and your application still took 2 years? Do you not know how to use your network? :D :D

siju6789

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
they said NO, you get what you get o_O
I was not able to get it either for two of my accounts or 2 of my spouse's. We did not have any issue at any point. Even the ADR for POF was the same format that we gave. We only had the balance certificate showing the total balance, name, account numbers, branch, nominee etc and the 6 month statement. We never had any declaration from the bank regarding pending loans or liabilities. I had a car loan and also credit card payment in these statements. Most banks here are not entertaining custom letters or declarationss etc, but if you are able to get one, good for you.

djcluez

Jul 23, 2021
Quick question guys, if I resign from my job before getting ppr request do i have to tell ircc? Received adr request in May and they started reviewing in June however i have seen a number of adr requests for poi and pof.

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Quick question guys, if I resign from my job before getting ppr request do i have to tell ircc? Received adr request in May and they started reviewing in June however i have seen a number of adr requests for poi and pof.
changes that could affect your eligibility for the program you’re applying for, including changes in your
  • job situation
  • education
  • language skills
But I think that the reason for informing them is if your eligibility would be affected, so after AOR, I don't see the need.

Reactions: wonderbly