USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hello folks,

During payment I wasn't asked to pay biometric fees (85 dollars). I've only paid the 1365dollars. Why haven't they asked for biometric?

Is it because I mentioned that I had provided B.I in 2019 for a visitor visa?

In this case, isn't temporary residence biometric different ? I've read this in Canada website, it says "even if you have gave biometric information for a temporary residence lately, you will be asked to provide them again if you apply for a PR", have they changed it?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Have a good and productive day,
You may not require since you already gave for temporary residence.

Reactions: Massi31

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Landlords in Toronto are so paranoid it's unbelievable! I was asked yesterday why I had a number from State X if I had being living and working in State Y for 6 years and whether I intended to get a Toronto number-I wanted to answer "None of your fucking business", but I didn't of course.
Yeah apartment search in GTA is a humbling and humiliating experience. I think they asked more documentation than IRCC asked while giving PR.

But from what I have learnt here is that tenants have a lot of rights. The law is actually more favorable to tenants and if someone stops paying rent the owner can't just kick them out and it is a very long process and it takes 8-10 months to get an eviction order. And I also heard from someone (so not sure how true this is) that some people do it as a career. There are "professional renters". They take houses on rent and stop paying rent and then owner's pay them to leave their place. And guess these folks have no trouble in finding places to rent.

D

Deleted member 1006777

And this is visible on another facets here. Try asking for an immigrant for some kind of help related to jobs, especially the ones who get jobs relatively quicker in Canada. Suddenly they feel like they are superior and were exceptional cases to get jobs so soon and would give any kind of advice to people who weren't lucky to land jobs.

People suddenly feel all the immigrants coming after them aren't as good as they were / are.
This is true. But I feel like there is also an overcompensation aspect to it. Immigration now is certainly more difficult than it was 3 years ago. So people from three years ago (close to citizenship now) don't want to feel like they got in only because it was easier (even though based on numbers, that is absolutely true).

In the same vein, immigration 3 years from now will no doubt be mroe selective and difficult than it is today. Rinse and repeat the process of anti immigrant sentiment amongst older immigrants

sidou

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
hey

in the bank letter (for proof of funds), the bank refuses the state anything about debts and loans since i don't have any

would that be an issue ?

i will also include a 6 months bank statement which also shows no movement in my balance at all, the money is sitting there since last year :rolleyes:

should that be enough ?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
hey

in the bank letter (for proof of funds), the bank refuses the state anything about debts and loans since i don't have any

would that be an issue ?

i will also include a 6 months bank statement which also shows no movement in my balance at all, the money is sitting there since last year :rolleyes:

should that be enough ?
Yes good enough

Reactions: sidou

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
hey

would that be an issue ?

should that be enough ?
If you can, get a customised letter from the bank and ask them to mention that you don't have loans or pendin credit card bills. I did this for my application.

Reactions: sidou

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
That's scary, in the case below they were a resident at time of PCC, I just went to India and few countries for purpose of travel after my PCC issue date, the information I quoted

Is from IRCC Police certificate for EE section and they mentioned clearly the certificate must be issued after, only if you have stayed 6 months or more after issue date. If this is causing rejection, it will directly contradict their own statement correct? now I'm bit worried to use old PCC. I used same for work permit two months ago for IEC application and it went fine.
I assume your old PCC was issued AFTER you left India? If that is the case, then you "should" not have a problem. But IRCC does what IRCC does, so rather be safe than sorry. Apply for a new one ASAP.

You can mention in your eAPR that even though your old PCC is valid by IRCC's own policy, you have still applied for a new one and will send it to IRCC once received. Officer would have to be out of their mind to reject you after that :) .

D

Deleted member 1006777

Might as well pile on the questions. I was foolishly hoping for an ITA last month, so I got my POF document. By the time I get my ITA, it'll be over a month old. So is it better for me to just order another POF document from the bank?

Reactions: AlmostThere2

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Might as well pile on the questions. I was foolishly hoping for an ITA last month, so I got my POF document. By the time I get my ITA, it'll be over a month old. So is it better for me to just order another POF document from the bank?
If it's not hard to get, just wait till when you get ITA and are ready to submit. Your PoF should cover the past 4-6 months from your date of submission. A couple weeks old should be fine, not sure a month old is.

Ad78

Star Member
May 31, 2020
I have a PCC Question for PR Application, so I have lived in 3 countries afterwards I turned 18- 5 years in India, 3 in New Zealand and 5 in Australia. Aus and NZ Pcc is not an issue.

For India, I have to get it done from Embassy here in Australia, because I'm no longer Indian Citizen. It takes 4-12 weeks but I have PCC from last year in November for Canada, since November 21, I have been to India for 3 months.

This is from EE Police certificate section
For any other country

For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live

Does that mean I can use that old PCC Issued last year? because I haven't stayed for 6 months or more in a row since the certificate was issued?
You can go get a new PCC if you want to feel doubly safe/sure, but it is not a requirement, as can clearly be seen from the IRCC guidelines you have posted. This is what happened with me: I had a PCC issued from Pakistan in 2014. I submitted my Express Entry application in September 2020 and I used the same Pakistani PCC that was issued in 2014. Reason: I was living in Saudi Arabia, and even though I travelled to Pakistan during the summer every year and stayed in Pakistan for 2 or 3 months every year (during the vacations) from 2014 to 2020, I never stayed there for six months in a row. I remember at that time, one forum member kept pushing me to get a new PCC by saying: "Do you think they will accept such an old PCC? Never." Not just here in the public chat, but also in private messages. I copied and showed him the same text that you did, but he kept insisting that my application would be rejected because I was submitting an "outdated" PCC. Even legalfalcon (who I had tagged) joined in and told the gentleman that he was wrong, but he refused to budge. My passport was stamped in January 2022 and I landed in Canada in June 2022.

So, to sum up: from what you have described, a new PCC from India is not required, but at the end of the day, it is your application and if you have any doubts and want to be on the safe side, there is no harm in getting a new PCC.

Ad78

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Yeah apartment search in GTA is a humbling and humiliating experience. I think they asked more documentation than IRCC asked while giving PR.

But from what I have learnt here is that tenants have a lot of rights. The law is actually more favorable to tenants and if someone stops paying rent the owner can't just kick them out and it is a very long process and it takes 8-10 months to get an eviction order. And I also heard from someone (so not sure how true this is) that some people do it as a career. There are "professional renters". They take houses on rent and stop paying rent and then owner's pay them to leave their place. And guess these folks have no trouble in finding places to rent.
I'm not sure if anyone will feel sympathy for my friend, but here it is:

My friend is an IRCC immigration officer. Two years ago, he rented out his basement to a guy. The tenant stopped paying after a few months. Guess how long he stayed there rent-free. Ready? A YEAR AND A HALF! My friend finally got a judgement against the guy and had him removed from his property, but my friend didn't get a dime from the tenant. My friend said that the previous tenant was an Indian lady who had a steady job and always paid her rent on time for 3 years. That had given my friend a false sense of security, and he was not as diligent as he could have been with the new deadbeat. This is not the only horror story that I have heard, so yeah... I understand where the landlords are coming from. Full disclosure: As a new immigrant, I also couldn't find a place because I didn't have anything (credit score, previous landlord's reference, pay stubs etc.). It was a terrible experience. My friend who is a professor at the University of Toronto co-signed the rental agreement with me and I was finally able to rent a place.

On a happier note: I didn't really do a serious job hunt for the first couple of weeks... Just browsed through some websites. You see, I am an IELTS examiner and I got myself transferred to the Toronto office, so I was not in a rush to look for a new job. However, after a few weeks, I realized there was not going to be as much IELTS work as I expected, so I turned on my computer one day and decided to do a serious job-hunt. Less than 24 hours later, I had signed a contract for a new job. Sure, it is just a part-time job, but between my IELTS work and this other one, I can survive for now without having to touch my savings. I have one or two other applications going that I have a very good feeling about, so things are looking rosy for me. Moral of the story (repeated here a thousand times, but worth repeating once more): Moving to a new country has its challenges, and there will be some tough times, but it is possible to make a good life for yourself here.