+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Choupi

Jul 3, 2022
What do u think the cut off score will be on the 20th july ?
Let's try to make some realistic assumptions ...
I bet for 545 or 547 if the size remains at 1500 .

D

Deleted member 1006777

Hi thanks for the motivations, I am also currently looking at whether it is possible to get an LMIA-exempt job offer (see above post). If it's not possible, I will look into learning french. When you studied french did you study alone? or you had some tutors?
Why do you think the odds are low in 2023?
I took lessons. That's the path of least resistance. I'm not impressing anyone learning it on my own. What matters is the end result, and taking regular classes is the most efficient way to do that. I also studied 2-3 hours a day with various sources, but the foundation was the lessons I took.

Back in 2019 when I started the process, the avg CRS score was in the low 440s. I had a 456 back then, which was considered a "safe" score, maybe even a great score. Then they skipped ONE draw and the score shot up to 470. It has never come back down to 456 since then.

So a skipped draw shoots up the score massively and a back to back draw barely brings it down. This tells us that demand and competition are increasing. Note that this was all before they had all these easy pathways to buy your PR.

Now, there are more and more pathways that people can use to buy their PRs, and they all compete with the same allocation. It is extremely easy for CECs to cross 500. Take my word for that. there has never been a need for it, so lazy CECs with low 400s have been getting ITAs. You can go check historical draw distributions. The number of high scores (480+) have consistently gone up, and draw sizes are going down.

All of this is pointing towards the baseline scores going up. More and more people will learn french to boost their scores because the system massively overvalues B2 level language skills. More people know about this now -> more competition. They'll get their perfect IELTS scores, 3 years exp, a master's, under 30 y/o, and a B2. Boom. That's around 550 for an FSW. Those qualifications would be well over 600 for a CEC.

Can the scores come down in 2023? Sure. But it's basically gambling to hope that they do, when every piece of data we have so far points towards the opposite. If that's a gamble you want to take, go for it. BTW, if you speak french, most jobs become LMIA exempt, so there's that.

Point is, if you intend to start learning French, you should have started last year. Next best thing is to start right now. Waiting and *hoping* for something else to come through is short sighted, and will likely cost you (like it did me). Delaying is only giving someone else the headstart. This is a zero sum game, and for you to get that ITA, you need to take it from someone else.

For what it's worth, I think it's a foolish idea to start French AFTER (if) your LMIA thing fails. Doing them simultaneouly is most prudent, because if your LMIA doesn't work out, you'll already have a headstart on French before hordes of people start aiming for the same thing.

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
I took lessons. That's the path of least resistance. I'm not impressing anyone learning it on my own. What matters is the end result, and taking regular classes is the most efficient way to do that. I also studied 2-3 hours a day with various sources, but the foundation was the lessons I took.

Back in 2019 when I started the process, the avg CRS score was in the low 440s. I had a 456 back then, which was considered a "safe" score, maybe even a great score. Then they skipped ONE draw and the score shot up to 470. It has never come back down to 456 since then.

So a skipped draw shoots up the score massively and a back to back draw barely brings it down. This tells us that demand and competition are increasing. Note that this was all before they had all these easy pathways to buy your PR.

Now, there are more and more pathways that people can use to buy their PRs, and they all compete with the same allocation. It is extremely easy for CECs to cross 500. Take my word for that. there has never been a need for it, so lazy CECs with low 400s have been getting ITAs. You can go check historical draw distributions. The number of high scores (480+) have consistently gone up, and draw sizes are going down.

All of this is pointing towards the baseline scores going up. More and more people will learn french to boost their scores because the system massively overvalues B2 level language skills. More people know about this now -> more competition. They'll get their perfect IELTS scores, 3 years exp, a master's, under 30 y/o, and a B2. Boom. That's around 550 for an FSW. Those qualifications would be well over 600 for a CEC.

Can the scores come down in 2023? Sure. But it's basically gambling to hope that they do, when every piece of data we have so far points towards the opposite. If that's a gamble you want to take, go for it. BTW, if you speak french, most jobs become LMIA exempt, so there's that.

Point is, if you intend to start learning French, you should have started last year. Next best thing is to start right now. Waiting and *hoping* for something else to come through is short sighted, and will likely cost you (like it did me). Delaying is only giving someone else the headstart. This is a zero sum game, and for you to get that ITA, you need to take it from someone else.

For what it's worth, I think it's a foolish idea to start French AFTER (if) your LMIA thing fails. Doing them simultaneouly is most prudent, because if your LMIA doesn't work out, you'll already have a headstart on French before hordes of people start aiming for the same thing.
This. For people who value immigration a lot (like myself) you just don’t take chances. You do everything possible. Then you push the boundary of possibilities and repeat.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
The score for someone outland with CLB 9 in English, CLB 7 in French, 3 year experience, with Masters and under 30 years old is 531.
  • Having brother sister, you would land in 546.
  • Having a year of Canadian experience that would give you 586.
The score for someone inland with CLB 9 in English, CLB 7 in French, 1 year experience with Masters (both Canadian) and under 30 years old is 551.
  • Having brother sister, gives them 566.
We are at 557, so I guess we are in the middle of these two scenarios.

Might be wrong, but between 531 and 557 I don't think there are more than 1000 candidates.

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
He

Here's one way to look at it. With 474, you're not getting an ITA. Period. If you learn french, there is a small chance. And you're right, that might not be enough by 2023 or 2024.

But if you want to play probabilities, it's really simple.

Do nothing = no ITA.
Learn french = Small chance of maybe getting an ITA

To be honest, the time to learn french was last year. The odds of it being enough for 2023 are low in my opinion
My crs is 479
Ielts expires in Jan 2024 / age 27
I have already studied french for 3-4 months
My noc is not in demand in any province (noc3131)
Do u think its pointless to continue studying French?

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Another fun way to try to figure out the distribution of the 8,000 candidates over 500 points is just to take the already distribution of candidates in the pool and add the 62 points of French. There are a lot of variations, but lets say they tend to be in the same percentage distribution.

CRS ScoreCandidatesPercentageCRS Score distribution of the 8000 candidates
491-500
4,670​
7%​
553 - 562​
481-490
8,227​
12%​
543 - 552​
471-480
17,617​
25%​
533 - 542​
461-470
15,522​
22%​
523 - 532​
451-460
12,004​
17%​
513 - 522​
441-450
11,339​
16%​
503 - 512​
Total
69,379​

In this case we would have 3,518 candidates with a score 533+.

Had free time this Friday, so its obvious.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Air India terrorist bomber, who escaped punishment thanks to Canada's incompetent justice system, shot dead. Finally...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/ripudaman-singh-malik-air-india-bombing-shot-dead-1.6520628
"We lost a hero of the Sikh community" said longtime friend Ragibtir Bhinder speaking at the scene of the shooting. "We'd like this man to live a hundred years. It's hurting us."

Sorry mate, someone decided that today would be his last one.

D

Deleted member 1006777

My crs is 479
Ielts expires in Jan 2024 / age 27
I have already studied french for 3-4 months
My noc is not in demand in any province (noc3131)
Do u think its pointless to continue studying French?
No, B2 in all four will give you at least 549, which is a good score by any possible definition (for now)

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Divine retribution. I can’t fathom how terrorists escape justice.
"A witness told CBC he heard three shots and pulled Malik from his red Tesla bleeding from a neck wound. "

How the hell a murderer became a Millionaire in Canada when Engineers and Doctors are rolling Sandwiches in Canada?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
"A witness told CBC he heard three shots and pulled Malik from his red Tesla bleeding from a neck wound. "

How the hell a murderer became a Millionaire in Canada when Engineers and Doctors are rolling Sandwiches in Canada?
Support from the community?

• Sad
Reactions: RSub