+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Hey guys,

My CRS score is 514 and I received an OINP invitation about 2 weeks ago.
I saw that the next draws were going to include FSW.

Should I wait to get invited through FSW or should I still apply to OINP? Which one would be faster?
What do you guys think? I'm kinda new to the whole process..
There’s a very high, though not 100%, chance for you to get FSW invitation before OINP invitation expires. I suggest waiting to see what happens on the 6th. You should get documents ready regardless.

Assuming you get invited in July then OINP is definitely slower, more costly, and more restrictive.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
God knows all. He has witnessed patience of all of us. Now its our time, after a wait of such a long period. May god be by your side, for your perseverance, hardwork and not to mention patience.
Fingers crossed !!
Just curious to know how much time did you take to master french ?
15 months autodidact start to finish.

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
15 months autodidact start to finish.
Thats so good !!
I am very fond of learning french since forever. Thinking to start it now. Though, wont be able to do that for my CRS because time is very less ! But yes definitely for myself!!
Would really appreciate if you can guide me, from where did you learn and all ?

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Hey guys,

My CRS score is 514 and I received an OINP invitation about 2 weeks ago.
I saw that the next draws were going to include FSW.

Should I wait to get invited through FSW or should I still apply to OINP? Which one would be faster?
What do you guys think? I'm kinda new to the whole process..
PNP is being processed much faster nowadays, especially for the new incomers. Go ahead with that invitation and secure it. I know many who regret not taking it and missing their chance.

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Thats so good !!
I am very fond of learning french since forever. Thinking to start it now. Though, wont be able to do that for my CRS because time is very less ! But yes definitely for myself!!
Would really appreciate if you can guide me, from where did you learn and all ?
Had a coffee break at work, saw the question and decided this would probably be the best use I could give the next 10 mins. Here goes my answer!

The internet is a goldmine for free french resources. For starters though, I recommend getting a "feel" for the language. That is, actually mimicking as if you "spoke" the language through the 4 skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. I think the Pimsleur's Beginner French course and Assimil French as well work wonders for this. I used Lawless French back in the day as well, which I really liked. Italki is great for finding tutors and you can also find people who will help you with test prep, when you're ready for that. Google precise grammar mistakes as they pop up in your head. Tex's french grammar is great for this. Once you get into really intricate stuff, you may want to look up "Le bon usage" by Maurice Grevisse. If you can nail a few of the details in that book, it'll surely boost your writing/speaking test score.

Another tip: Fill your life with french! Join an online community; there's many discord servers for many interests, language learning in general or just hobbies in french, just google them. I recommend having a B1/B2 level when you venture past the learner ones, people will respond amazingly. For starting out the "listening" portion, RFI's le journal en français facile was a godsend; you can play these short news snippets on your way to work, for example. I personally love Language Learning with Netflix as well, not to mention that I've amassed a pretty good library of french books by now. For additional inspiration, look for Kato Lomb's "Polyglot". Short book, but she lays down a lot of the "important stuff" that goes into learning a language.

The real answer is that you have to get comfortable with it; no learner is the same. Your "mission", so to speak, the first few months or so, is to figure out how you learn the best and go with it. Whether it's watching series, in a classroom setting, reading books, or a combination of all. Figure out what draws you into the language and pursue it till the end!

Remember: in the end, consistency trumps all.

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
Had a coffee break at work, saw the question and decided this would probably be the best use I could give the next 10 mins. Here goes my answer!

The internet is a goldmine for free french resources. For starters though, I recommend getting a "feel" for the language. That is, actually mimicking as if you "spoke" the language through the 4 skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. I think the Pimsleur's Beginner French course and Assimil French as well work wonders for this. I used Lawless French back in the day as well, which I really liked. Italki is great for finding tutors and you can also find people who will help you with test prep, when you're ready for that. Google precise grammar mistakes as they pop up in your head. Tex's french grammar is great for this. Once you get into really intricate stuff, you may want to look up "Le bon usage" by Maurice Grevisse. If you can nail a few of the details in that book, it'll surely boost your writing/speaking test score.

Another tip: Fill your life with french! Join an online community; there's many discord servers for many interests, language learning in general or just hobbies in french, just google them. I recommend having a B1/B2 level when you venture past the learner ones, people will respond amazingly. For starting out the "listening" portion, RFI's le journal en français facile was a godsend; you can play these short news snippets on your way to work, for example. I personally love Language Learning with Netflix as well, not to mention that I've amassed a pretty good library of french books by now. For additional inspiration, look for Kato Lomb's "Polyglot". Short book, but she lays down a lot of the "important stuff" that goes into learning a language.

The real answer is that you have to get comfortable with it; no learner is the same. Your "mission", so to speak, the first few months or so, is to figure out how you learn the best and go with it. Whether it's watching series, in a classroom setting, reading books, or a combination of all. Figure out what draws you into the language and pursue it till the end!

Omg !!
You are full of french resources and I can smell the love you have developed for the french language. I am copying your entire message and saving it for myself. Currently, I am unable to understand some of things/ resources. But hope, as I move forward, all that you said will resonate well :)
Since, I had an interest in learning french, I did a certificate course from Uni, besides pursuing my Masters. I had built a good rapport with french 4 years back. But after that course, I didnt even try to say or read anything in french.
So, today, here I am!! A novice, slowly fetching her interest back.
Hoping to be a master at it soon !!
Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and experiences!! Would definitely ask you if I need to know anything again!!

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
yo @ElvisRamaj post it on our ppr thread

apologies my folks. doesn't feel good when my pals here have their apps and lives in limbo due to ircc's delays.

PNP Outland
OINP
PA + Dependent- 1
VO- Sydney
AOR- 18 February 2022
RFV - 9 June 2022
PR Confirmation- 4 July 2022

make sure to add colors as seen above

They saw your post about living in Sudbury and took pity on you :)

Congrats!

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Omg !!
You are full of french resources and I can smell the love you have developed for the french language. I am copying your entire message and saving it for myself. Currently, I am unable to understand some of things/ resources. But hope, as I move forward, all that you said will resonate well :)
Since, I had an interest in learning french, I did a certificate course from Uni, besides pursuing my Masters. I had built a good rapport with french 4 years back. But after that course, I didnt even try to say or read anything in french.
So, today, here I am!! A novice, slowly fetching her interest back.
Hoping to be a master at it soon !!
Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and experiences!! Would definitely ask you if I need to know anything again!!
I am glad you found my message helpful! Indeed, when you take a liking to the french language, much like I did, learning will cease to be a hassle and you'll actually look forward to it. Funny how the mind works.

I'm convinced you have the right attitude for tackling this challenge; slowly but surely you'll be skilled sooner than you think! Previous contact with the language helps a lot. Try remembering the good times, it always works for me. If you have any more questions I'd be more than happy to share what I know.

Best of luck in your french learning journey!

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
Tha
I am glad you found my message helpful! Indeed, when you take a liking to the french language, much like I did, learning will cease to be a hassle and you'll actually look forward to it. Funny how the mind works.

I'm convinced you have the right attitude for tackling this challenge; slowly but surely you'll be skilled sooner than you think! Previous contact with the language helps a lot. Try remembering the good times, it always works for me. If you have any more questions I'd be more than happy to share what I know.

Best of luck in your french learning journey!
Thank you so much :)
I am having so good and positive vibes from you and everyone else here !!
Feeling so good that I have people whom I can turn to anytime :)
Can you tell me the difference between TEF and DELF ?
Which level would I have to achieve to give TEF ?

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019

Hi, sorry its off topic
I saw your signature, your ADR submission shows 4th May and ADR acknowledgement shows 13th June.
In between this period, did it show "your action is required" and also, did you receive the acknowledgement email on 13th June?

As I submitted my ADR (PCC and Schedule A) yesterday, I didnt receive acknowledgment email and the portal shows "your action is required".

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Tha

Thank you so much :)
I am having so good and positive vibes from you and everyone else here !!
Feeling so good that I have people whom I can turn to anytime :)
Can you tell me the difference between TEF and DELF ?
Which level would I have to achieve to give TEF ?
This one is important. AFAIK, federal express entry does NOT accept DELF as a french test, although it's accepted for applying to Quebec directly, if I'm not mistaken. Therefore, for the sole purpose of boosting your application score, you MUST take a TEF/TCF test. These are performance based tests, as opposed to DELF, which is a threshold based test. An explanation is as follows:

When you ask to take a DELF test, you'll sign up for a particular level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), ranging from A1 to B2 for 4 levels in total. If you're going for either C1 or C2 you'd have to sign up for a DALF test, which is completely different in format and past the scope of this explanation. Say you signed up for the DELF B2 test; if you pass it, you'll have a certificate that says your level is B2, based on an accumulated pass/fail metric in each of the 4 language skills. If you score over half of the points in all four skills, you get your certificate.

For TEF/TCF however, no such threshold exists. A C2 person and an A1 person take the same test; it's the points you accumulate in total that give you a grade. If you demonstrated B2 skills across the board, you'll get that score. It is not uncommon to receive different levels in different skills: You may be REALLY good at speaking and get evaluated as C1 in speaking while your reading lags a little behind, which earned you a B2 in reading, on the same test. To get the most points for EE, you'd need a TEF/TCF that has B2 minimum across all four skills, alongside C1+ English or vice versa.

Something you have to keep in mind is, these tests have practical aspects to them. DELFs tend to be available year round, at your nearest Alliance Française. TEF/TCFs have less test dates and may or may not be more expensive, depending on your region. Therefore, what I'd do is, I'd take a DELF B2. If you can comfortably pass it, nearing a maximum grade in all the skills and studying intensively for the ones you lagged behind in, I'd then take a TCF/TEF.

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Hi, sorry its off topic
I saw your signature, your ADR submission shows 4th May and ADR acknowledgement shows 13th June.
In between this period, did it show "your action is required" and also, did you receive the acknowledgement email on 13th June?

As I submitted my ADR (PCC and Schedule A) yesterday, I didnt receive acknowledgment email and the portal shows "your action is required".
Hey, no worries. I did not get the "your action is required" message after I uploaded and clicked the "transmit" (or send, or similar) button for the documents requested in the ADR. Make sure you clicked that button! My profile was back to submitted/read. Exactly 40 days later my profile was updated in the ADR section and an email followed shortly after.

Empress32

Star Member
Apr 7, 2021
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
February 23, 2021
Med's Done....
15-03-2021
Hi, sorry its off topic

Go back to where you uploaded your documents, scroll to the bottom of the page and ensure you pressed submit/tramsmit and do the electronic signature etc. Once your documents are transmitted, where you are now seeing 'your action is required' should go back to submitted. From there your profile should say documents uploaded under additional documents, before you receive an acknowledgement and it changes to your documents are being reviewed.