+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Turns out this is not the case in India and Pakistan (and a few other Asian countries). I've seen applicants get refused because their PCC did not include the city address.
Yes I'm from there, that's why i'm so worried about this. I just feel it might raise an alarm if in my personal history section I mention employment in a city but in the address section there's no address from that city.

Ah, shit. In that case, @muspal where are you from? Is your PCC city/state specific? Or is it country specific? If later, then doesn't matter too much. If former, then you will need to get 2 PCCs for both your permanent and temporary addresses.
I can't get a police certificate for the temp address as in my country, PCC is only issued against permanent address.

There is no hard and fast rule I think. My brother submitted one pcc even though he had stayed in different cities. He is going to get his Canadian passport in a few months. I guess it depends on the case officer and also the documents you provide, as in there shouldn't be conflicting information in the docs you submit. If your present address is mentioned in the docs you submitted and you are providing pcc for permanent address only that could raise an alarm.
Yes but if I do not mention my current address (which is temp) that might raise an alarm too because in my personal history section ill have to mention my current employment in that section.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Anybody filled IMM 0008? Need help.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yes I'm from there, that's why i'm so worried about this. I just feel it might raise an alarm if in my personal history section I mention employment in a city but in the address section there's no address from that city.

I can't get a police certificate for the temp address as in my country, PCC is only issued against permanent address.

Yes but if I do not mention my current address (which is temp) that might raise an alarm too because in my personal history section ill have to mention my current employment in that section.
Working in a city does not mean you live there. What if you work remotely? only on site few days a week? As long as you are not domiciled there (you don't have an address there registered in your name, you don't get mails there etc) , you cannot be said to be living there

fdelliott2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2021
Finally my turn. Just got PPR this morning. It came through as a message on my account and not a direct email. Might be because I am American and only need to send a photocopy of my passport?

AOR: Dec 5th, 2020
Category: FSW-O
COR : USA
Primary VO: Edmonton (moved from Montreal in mid-Jan 2022)
Medicals: Extended as of Feb 14, 2022
ADR: Jan 25, 2022 (Proof of Funds & FBI Record Check) - submitted Jan 27, 2022
Review Required on Eligibility (job duties per GCMS - submitted another letter from employer)
GU: April 25th, 2022
PPR: April 26th 2022

MoveCan_ Buyhouse_

Apr 26, 2022
Middle East
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Doc's Request.
25-04-2022
AOR Received.
04-01-2021
@legalfalcon @wonderbly guys I received an ADR for updated PoF, Sch A and PCC. I work and reside in the UAE but I am in India for vacation. The exact wording from the request letter is as below.

"Police Certificate: Please provide an original police clearance certificate from current country of residence. For instructions on how to obtain your police clearance , please refer to the following link:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugeescitizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html"

Now the question,

Do I provide PCC from UAE only and explain the vacation in LoE or provide for India only or provide from both the countries?

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks!

Frandee

Apr 12, 2022
Congratulations!!!
Finally my turn. Just got PPR this morning. It came through as a message on my account and not a direct email. Might be because I am American and only need to send a photocopy of my passport?

AOR: Dec 5th, 2020
Category: FSW-O
COR : USA
Primary VO: Edmonton (moved from Montreal in mid-Jan 2022)
Medicals: Extended as of Feb 14, 2022
ADR: Jan 25, 2022 (Proof of Funds & FBI Record Check) - submitted Jan 27, 2022
Review Required on Eligibility (job duties per GCMS - submitted another letter from employer)
GU: April 25th, 2022
PPR: April 26th 2022

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
@legalfalcon @wonderbly guys I received an ADR for updated PoF, Sch A and PCC. I work and reside in the UAE but I am in India for vacation. The exact wording from the request letter is as below.

"Police Certificate: Please provide an original police clearance certificate from current country of residence. For instructions on how to obtain your police clearance , please refer to the following link:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugeescitizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html"

Now the question,

Do I provide PCC from UAE only and explain the vacation in LoE or provide for India only or provide from both the countries?

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks!
You only need to provide PCC for the country in which you have resided for 6 months in a row. This will definitely be UAE, and probably India if you have stayed there for 6 months in a row (you didn't say how long you've been on vacation for). Even if you've stayed in India for 4 months in a row, get a PCC from there as well.

MoveCan_ Buyhouse_

Apr 26, 2022
Middle East
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Doc's Request.
25-04-2022
AOR Received.
04-01-2021
You only need to provide PCC for the country in which you have resided for 6 months in a row. This will definitely be UAE, and probably India if you have stayed there for 6 months in a row (you didn't say how long you've been on vacation for). Even if you've stayed in India for 4 months in a row, get a PCC from there as well.
I was in UAE for 3 years without a break and I was hoping that there would be progress in the application and seeing no movement I decided to take a vacation of approx. 3 months. Now that I am in India.. IRCC wants to screw my vacation and started asking for Remed, PoF, Sch A and PCC. If they had asked this last week I would have done it in a breeze.

India being my country of citizenship and UAE being my present country of residence.. The safest bet would be to submit new PCC for UAE and IND. However, I stayed for a year in the UK and I have the same PCC for UK which I submitted during the e-APR. I will attach the same as I have not been to the UK since then. Is that advisable?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I was in UAE for 3 years without a break and I was hoping that there would be progress in the application and seeing no movement I decided to take a vacation of approx. 3 months. Now that I am in India.. IRCC wants to screw and vacation and started asking for Remed, PoF, Sch A and PCC. If they had asked this last week I would have done it in a breeze.
Can you not get the PCC while not being physically present in UAE?

MoveCan_ Buyhouse_

Apr 26, 2022
Middle East
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Doc's Request.
25-04-2022
AOR Received.
04-01-2021
Try to get it as soon as you can, before IRCC snoozes your file for another indefinite amount of time.
Yeah, I am looking at all options. Plus, could you clarify if the old UK PCC would be sufficient? Because I have seen different iterations of PCC request from IRCC and from what I understand, sometimes they ask for all PCC and sometimes only for the current country of residence.

Since we are dealing with IRCC we cant really be sure.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yeah, I am looking at all options. Plus, could you clarify if the old UK PCC would be sufficient? Because I have seen different iterations of PCC request from IRCC and from what I understand, sometimes they ask for all PCC and sometimes only for the current country of residence.

Since we are dealing with IRCC we cant really be sure.
If you haven't been back to UK and stayed an extended period since you got the old one, it should suffice.