+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 994371

When you said there's nothing I can do, you forgot to add "besides putting the asshole on the hot end of the barrel".

No I can't shoot him. I can dump a whole mag of AR15 at his feet though. If he's still staying, he sure as hell deserved it.
You know the squatter has the legal right to press chargers against you, right? That would mean kiss good bye to your citizenship application. Can't get citizenship if you have a criminal record against you.

So yeah...

D

Deleted member 994371

This just prevents them for claiming eventual ownership. Nothing stops them from squatting until a court order of they come up with fake documents and have bills in their name at that address.

That's exactly what I am angry about - in this day and age of digital this and digital that - why aren't there digital records of tenancy. Why is everything is on paper and not on a government database?

D

Deleted member 1050918

You know the squatter has the legal right to press chargers against you, right? That would mean kiss good bye to your citizenship application. Can't get citizenship if you have a criminal record against you.

So yeah...
Press charges for what? In the case of me emptying a whole mag at his feet, I'm not guilty because "at his feet" is my property and I have the freedom to fire bullets at my own property. Did I shoot him? No. Did I aim at him directly? No. Indirectly? No. Did I otherwise bring any harm to him? No.

Sure as hell made him shit his pants though.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Pasha1 and dankboi
D

Deleted member 994371

Press charges for what? In the case of me emptying a whole mag at his feet, I'm not guilty because "at his feet" is my property and I have the freedom to fire bullets at my own property. Did I shoot him? No. Did I aim at him directly? No. Indirectly? No. Did I otherwise bring any harm to him? No.

I am pretty sure you can be charged for attempt to murder for something like that. Whether it's thrown out of the court or not is a different matter but they can go to the police for that.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
That's exactly what I am angry about - in this day and age of digital this and digital that - why aren't there digital records of tenancy. Why is everything is on paper and not on a government database?
Even if it is digital, I don't think the police won't kick them out immediately. They would still be given a notice period. And the pests would still get some avenues on 'compassionate' grounds especially if they have spawns.

Having said that, squatters coming in and living in an already occupied space is extremely rare. Wouldn't be at the top of the list of problems when buying a primary residence.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021

Surely you're taking the piss, right?

D

Deleted member 1050918

I am pretty sure you can be charged for attempt to murder for something like that. Whether it's thrown out of the court or not is a different matter but they can go to the police for that.
You're trying to find a way how you can squat my property and get away with it but no simpredo, you aren't taking my property. All you're getting from me is 5.45

D

Deleted member 994371

Also, you are thinking that squatter will be a white collar level headed man that will just move after that. You never know what kind of a nutcase he might be.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Even if it is digital, I don't think the police won't kick them out immediately. They would still be given a notice period. And the pests would still get some avenues on 'compassionate' grounds especially if they have spawns.

Having said that, squatters coming in and living in an already occupied space is extremely rare. Wouldn't be at the top of the list of problems when buying a primary residence.
Risk is always there. A legal tenant can turn into a squatter as seen by the story 'rredo posted.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Also, you are thinking that squatter will be a white collar level headed man that will just move after that. You never know what kind of a nutcase he might be.
I said he'd deserve to stay if he's still staying after a 5.45 rain. I'd actually respect that. Might even hire him as my bodyguard.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Yeah, I definitely don't have it in me to out-crazy a professional squatter. But the kangaroo just might.

Last edited:

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Risk is always there. A legal tenant can turn into a squatter as seen by the story 'rredo posted.
Many forms of property/rental insurance would cover that in Canada/USA (upto a certain period which should be enough if you start removal proceedings immediately after the first default).

The most usual cases are of those squatting vacated and abandoned buildings. So, be careful right after purchasing a property - reside for a couple of nights, move some stuff in immediately and get utility bills in your name.

Last edited:
Reactions: wonderbly
D

Deleted member 994371

You're trying to find a way how you can squat my property and get away with it but no simpredo, you aren't taking my property. All you're getting from me is 5.45

That's what we call white privilege. Us colored folks stay away from either end of the guns.

No matter which end is pointed at us, we always lose in such situations.

Reactions: wonderbly
D

Deleted member 1050918

Hi everyone!

A practical question:

In my country, the money I earn not in Canadian dollars. For formalizing the proof of funds, I found a local bank where I could open a CAD bank account. As a result, I have 2 bank accounts in 2 different banks:
1. The CAD account, where I keep the required minimum amount of money I need for immigration and which Bank Statement I used as the proof of funds for my PR application.
2. And a salary account with the local currency, where I keep my earnings and use this money for rent, for food and for everyday life.

So, the question are:
1. Should I have mentioned the second bank account when I applied?
2. Would it be a problem when during the landing I'll show more money that I declared in the proof of funds, even if it's basically just the rest of my salary account withdrawn and exchanged to dollars? And what about selling property and other belongings after getting the visa stamped but before the flight?
The point of POF is to ensure you at least have the minimum amount required for settling as a fresh immigrant. So you're good unless you have/had outstanding debts on the account that you didn't mention, in which case you'd be misrepresenting but not because you didn't mention your second account, it'd be because you didn't mention your outstanding debt.

Regardless, you need to let the officer know if you're bringing any amount over 10,000 CAD with you but that's not related to immigration.

Reactions: VVV62