FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you please tell if stamped passport & CoPR letter is all they ask for at immigration as proof of PR? Is PRTD (PR Travel Document) required?
PRTD is for those who are PR but don't have their PR card. For 1st landing one needs copr because they r not PR yet. They become PR after completing landing formalities

Reactions: hdcanada_10

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Universities promise students can skip final exams if in-person learning causes them to die

NATIONWIDE – With Canadian universities resuming on-site classes after the latest COVID wave, several institutions announced new policies allowing students to miss final exams in the event that an in-person, interactive learning environment causes them to die.

“This is a huge step in compassionate health policies,” said Meric Gertler, President of the University of Toronto. “The last thing we want these students to worry about as they shuffle off this mortal coil is how missing exams will affect their final course marks.

U of T will be deriving the final grades of deceased students from their already-completed course work, unless they died before midterms but after the final course drop date; in that case, the student’s peers are expected to Weekend at Bernie’s their friend through the end of the term. Concordia University’s policy is even more benevolent: parents of students who miss exams due to a COVID-related demise will receive letters of condolence, rather than the usual “your child is a failure” letters.

“There are always risks to being in class,” stated a representative from Concordia. “The risk of encountering challenging ideas; the risk of catching a highly contagious virus we know is circulating freely; the risk of falling into debate with a Jordan Peterson stan. No room for snowflakes or the immunosuppressed here. ”

At the University of Manitoba students are also now permitted bathroom breaks if a virus is eating their internal organs and are being forgiven for late assignments if they are in a coma, though deceased students still must submit their death certificates to turnitin.com. However, most universities have had to end the “you get straight As if your roommate dies” policy as it was starting to throw the curve.

“We don’t coddle students – I’m still giving out Fs to people who miss class because travel restrictions and literal wars have stranded them in lands unknown,” commented a tenured McGill professor who cannot get fired no matter how hard he fucks up.

At press time, several universities have come under fire for forcing students back into classrooms while the omicron variant is still causing high rates of infections, hospitalizations, and racist convoys. One UBC student commented, “I came here because Maclean’s ranked it very high on mortality. I thought that meant low mortality.”

York University has defended the choice, saying, “We have no other option – our tenured professors are ill-equipped to teach in a virtual setting, and our younger, more tech-savvy adjuncts all caught Covid at their second and third jobs.”

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hey,

Hey, it's understandable to keep logs in an active profile, but in 2nd case, how would they link the old profile back to the new one?
They don't link, but you will still use your email address, passport no and other identification in your new profile, so when you apply for GCMS notes, every EE info linked to any of these IDs will be pulled.

Again, IRCC does not care about any of your info/profile pre-ITA. They have the data collected, but they don't analyze nor use it.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
“I came here because Maclean’s ranked it very high on mortality. I thought that meant low mortality.”
This is pure gold. HAHAHAHA! Will buy again! :D:D:D

• Haha
Reactions: dankboi

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Guys got my gcms ,same status but have a question last time my gcms was 70pg now it is 100 pg.
Primary,secondary office remains the same, how can I know where is my file?
A due date is mentioned does it mean something, I heard it doesn't mean a crap.any thoughts?

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Guys got my gcms ,same status but have a question last time my gcms was 70pg now it is 100 pg.
A due date is mentioned does it mean something, I heard it doesn't mean a crap.any thoughts?
Due date truly doesn't mean anything.
Primary office is usually where your file is, unless it is transferred. If transferred, it should be reflected in notes.

What events bloated your notes from 70 to 100 pages if all statuses remained the same?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Did you check what the extra 30 pages contain? I would compare each page of both the documents line by line.

Reactions: txlonghorn and Yodm

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I saw a new comment in my gcms

IME reassesment has been granded and new med certificate witha validity of 12 months has been issued in gcms.should the applicant not land before the expiry of the medical,a new ime will be required,please pick up this ime again to update med update in the application

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Inorder to upload the upfront dont we have to use the web form? or do i have to send any email after that if so can anyone please mention the email address.
I saw someone posting a link to webform which has better reply rates if you guys have please share.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Universities promise students can skip final exams if in-person learning causes them to die

NATIONWIDE – With Canadian universities resuming on-site classes after the latest COVID wave, several institutions announced new policies allowing students to miss final exams in the event that an in-person, interactive learning environment causes them to die.

“This is a huge step in compassionate health policies,” said Meric Gertler, President of the University of Toronto. “The last thing we want these students to worry about as they shuffle off this mortal coil is how missing exams will affect their final course marks.

U of T will be deriving the final grades of deceased students from their already-completed course work, unless they died before midterms but after the final course drop date; in that case, the student’s peers are expected to Weekend at Bernie’s their friend through the end of the term. Concordia University’s policy is even more benevolent: parents of students who miss exams due to a COVID-related demise will receive letters of condolence, rather than the usual “your child is a failure” letters.

“There are always risks to being in class,” stated a representative from Concordia. “The risk of encountering challenging ideas; the risk of catching a highly contagious virus we know is circulating freely; the risk of falling into debate with a Jordan Peterson stan. No room for snowflakes or the immunosuppressed here. ”

At the University of Manitoba students are also now permitted bathroom breaks if a virus is eating their internal organs and are being forgiven for late assignments if they are in a coma, though deceased students still must submit their death certificates to turnitin.com. However, most universities have had to end the “you get straight As if your roommate dies” policy as it was starting to throw the curve.

“We don’t coddle students – I’m still giving out Fs to people who miss class because travel restrictions and literal wars have stranded them in lands unknown,” commented a tenured McGill professor who cannot get fired no matter how hard he fucks up.

At press time, several universities have come under fire for forcing students back into classrooms while the omicron variant is still causing high rates of infections, hospitalizations, and racist convoys. One UBC student commented, “I came here because Maclean’s ranked it very high on mortality. I thought that meant low mortality.”

York University has defended the choice, saying, “We have no other option – our tenured professors are ill-equipped to teach in a virtual setting, and our younger, more tech-savvy adjuncts all caught Covid at their second and third jobs.”
Dankie :)

• Love
Reactions: dankboi
D

Deleted member 994371

I saw a new comment in my gcms

IME reassesment has been granded and new med certificate witha validity of 12 months has been issued in gcms.should the applicant not land before the expiry of the medical,a new ime will be required,please pick up this ime again to update med update in the application

This most likely means that your medicals were extended by the officer. You didn't need to get a re-medical done. On what date were they extended? If it's been more than a few months, it makes sense to submit your remedicals.
If it's been days, it doesn't really make sense. I'm afraid to say you wasted your money in that case.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Canada’s Express Entry backlog has declined by nearly 24,000 persons since December

https://www.cicnews.com/2022/03/canadas-express-entry-backlog-has-declined-by-over-23000-persons-since-december-0323184.html#gs.t2knki

Canada’s economic class immigration backlog stands at 231,187 people waiting on decisions for their applications, according to February 28 data provided by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

At the beginning of February 2022, the economic class inventory stood at 230,573 persons, meaning the inventory grew by 614 persons. While it may seem that little progress was made last month, a closer look suggests that gains are being made, particularly among the Canadian Experience Class and Federal Skilled Worker Program inventories.

Economic class inventory is down overall, but TR2PR program inventory is slowing progress

The number of economic class applicants in the backlog is down by 24,400 since the end of October. These gains were slowed down by increases under other economic class pathways. There were some gains in non-Express Entry PNP streams as well as the Temporary Residence to Permanent Residence (TR2PR) program. The number of base Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) applicants in IRCC’s inventory grew by 4,685. Base PNPs are paper-based, meaning it takes longer to process applicants, compared to enhanced PNP streams, which are aligned with Express Entry and hence typically enjoy faster processing times since applications are submitted electronically.

The TR2PR program, which has been closed to applications since November, experienced an increase of 14,153 people between the middle of December 2021 and the end of February 2022. CIC News has reached out to IRCC for an explanation as to why the TR2PR program has experienced such a significant increase even after the program has closed. One possibility is IRCC has recently begun to review such TR2PR program applications, and hence, only now have they been counted towards the department’s inventory.

Economic Class231,187230,573234,770255,587
Persons (Feb.28)Persons (Feb.1)Persons (Dec.15)Persons (Oct.27)

IRCC making major progress on CEC and FSWP inventories

Express Entry-managed program inventories are down across the board.

Express Entry has enjoyed the largest improvement among all economic class pathways, decreasing by 23,748 persons since December. The Express Entry inventory stood at 119,389 persons in December but fell to 95,641 persons by the end of February. In February alone, the Canadian Experience Class inventory fell by 3,051 persons while the Federal Skilled Worker Program inventory fell by 4,314 persons.

Future immigrants are watching these numbers closely as Express Entry draws have been paused for all but PNP candidates. The backlog in applications has pushed up processing times well beyond the standard of six months, although IRCC’s website continues to report the processing standard is six months. Internal IRCC documents indicate that the department wants to reduce its inventory enough so that the processing standard can be met, then resume Express Entry draws for candidates in other programs.

Between December 15, 2021 and February 28, 2022 the number of Canadian Experience Class (CEC) applicants waiting on decisions has decreased by 12,587. The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) inventory has gone down by 9,092. This means in two and a half months, IRCC processed more FSWP applicants than it did in all of 2021. In the second half of 2021, IRCC processed about 600 FSWP applicants per month, but recent figures suggest a nearly eight-fold increase in the number of FSWP applicants now being processed per month.

IRCC slowed down FSWP processing last year so it could transition as many in-Canada immigration applicants, mainly through the CEC, to permanent resident status. The reason is the department felt this approach would help it achieve its goal of landing over 400,000 immigrants in 2021, a goal which it ultimately achieved, as it broke Canada’s annual immigration record.

Assuming IRCC continues its current processing rates, the CEC backlog would fall to zero by the summer, while the FSWP backlog would be gone by the end of the year.

In February, Immigration Minister Sean Fraser indicated that Express Entry draws for skilled workers will resume in the “near future.” However, no firm date has been given.

Economic class backlog

Total Economic Class234,770231,187
Immigration categoryPersons as of Dec. 15, 2021Persons as of Feb. 28, 2022
Agri-Food Pilot Program747653
Atlantic Immigration Pilot Programs2,9982,577
Canadian Experience Class (EE)24,67512,088
Canadian Experience Class (No EE)5584
Caring For Children Program12,53916,316
Federal Self Employed4,9995,181
Federal Skilled Workers (C-50)223197
Federal Skilled Workers (EE)54,52945,437
Federal Skilled Workers (Pre C-50)2423
High Medical Needs Program2915
Live-in Caregiver Program1,7801,328
Provincial/Territorial Nominees (EE)39,32537,484
Provincial/Territorial Nominees (No EE)27,42132,106
Quebec Entrepreneur462416
Quebec Investor14,61013,845
Quebec Self Employed8589
Quebec Skilled Workers27,04826,217
Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot992897
Skilled Trades (EE)805632
Skilled Trades (No EE)93
Start-up Business1,2641,295
TR to PR20,15134,304

Reactions: cansha

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Canada’s Express Entry backlog has declined by nearly 24,000 persons since December

https://www.cicnews.com/2022/03/canadas-express-entry-backlog-has-declined-by-over-23000-persons-since-december-0323184.html#gs.t2knki

Canada’s economic class immigration backlog stands at 231,187 people waiting on decisions for their applications, according to February 28 data provided by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

At the beginning of February 2022, the economic class inventory stood at 230,573 persons, meaning the inventory grew by 614 persons. While it may seem that little progress was made last month, a closer look suggests that gains are being made, particularly among the Canadian Experience Class and Federal Skilled Worker Program inventories.

Economic class inventory is down overall, but TR2PR program inventory is slowing progress

The number of economic class applicants in the backlog is down by 24,400 since the end of October. These gains were slowed down by increases under other economic class pathways. There were some gains in non-Express Entry PNP streams as well as the Temporary Residence to Permanent Residence (TR2PR) program. The number of base Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) applicants in IRCC’s inventory grew by 4,685. Base PNPs are paper-based, meaning it takes longer to process applicants, compared to enhanced PNP streams, which are aligned with Express Entry and hence typically enjoy faster processing times since applications are submitted electronically.

The TR2PR program, which has been closed to applications since November, experienced an increase of 14,153 people between the middle of December 2021 and the end of February 2022. CIC News has reached out to IRCC for an explanation as to why the TR2PR program has experienced such a significant increase even after the program has closed. One possibility is IRCC has recently begun to review such TR2PR program applications, and hence, only now have they been counted towards the department’s inventory.

Persons (Feb.28)Persons (Feb.1)Persons (Dec.15)Persons (Oct.27)
Economic Class231,187230,573234,770255,587

IRCC making major progress on CEC and FSWP inventories

Express Entry-managed program inventories are down across the board.

Express Entry has enjoyed the largest improvement among all economic class pathways, decreasing by 23,748 persons since December. The Express Entry inventory stood at 119,389 persons in December but fell to 95,641 persons by the end of February. In February alone, the Canadian Experience Class inventory fell by 3,051 persons while the Federal Skilled Worker Program inventory fell by 4,314 persons.

Future immigrants are watching these numbers closely as Express Entry draws have been paused for all but PNP candidates. The backlog in applications has pushed up processing times well beyond the standard of six months, although IRCC’s website continues to report the processing standard is six months. Internal IRCC documents indicate that the department wants to reduce its inventory enough so that the processing standard can be met, then resume Express Entry draws for candidates in other programs.

Between December 15, 2021 and February 28, 2022 the number of Canadian Experience Class (CEC) applicants waiting on decisions has decreased by 12,587. The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) inventory has gone down by 9,092. This means in two and a half months, IRCC processed more FSWP applicants than it did in all of 2021. In the second half of 2021, IRCC processed about 600 FSWP applicants per month, but recent figures suggest a nearly eight-fold increase in the number of FSWP applicants now being processed per month.

IRCC slowed down FSWP processing last year so it could transition as many in-Canada immigration applicants, mainly through the CEC, to permanent resident status. The reason is the department felt this approach would help it achieve its goal of landing over 400,000 immigrants in 2021, a goal which it ultimately achieved, as it broke Canada’s annual immigration record.

Assuming IRCC continues its current processing rates, the CEC backlog would fall to zero by the summer, while the FSWP backlog would be gone by the end of the year.

In February, Immigration Minister Sean Fraser indicated that Express Entry draws for skilled workers will resume in the “near future.” However, no firm date has been given.

Economic class backlog

Immigration categoryPersons as of Dec. 15, 2021Persons as of Feb. 28, 2022
Total Economic Class234,770231,187
Agri-Food Pilot Program747653
Atlantic Immigration Pilot Programs2,9982,577
Canadian Experience Class (EE)24,67512,088
Canadian Experience Class (No EE)5584
Caring For Children Program12,53916,316
Federal Self Employed4,9995,181
Federal Skilled Workers (C-50)223197
Federal Skilled Workers (EE)54,52945,437
Federal Skilled Workers (Pre C-50)2423
High Medical Needs Program2915
Live-in Caregiver Program1,7801,328
Provincial/Territorial Nominees (EE)39,32537,484
Provincial/Territorial Nominees (No EE)27,42132,106
Quebec Entrepreneur462416
Quebec Investor14,61013,845
Quebec Self Employed8589
Quebec Skilled Workers27,04826,217
Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot992897
Skilled Trades (EE)805632
Skilled Trades (No EE)93
Start-up Business1,2641,295
TR to PR20,15134,304
Being Feb 2021 AOR desperately waiting for some update on my application.