Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Did anyone watch the conference video of Sean?

He said that he's paying attention to CEC candidates' plea and situation of expiring WPs & losing jobs but he has no announcements to make now. So, in Spring he strongly hopes to announce something with regards to this issue and about resuming FSW draws. Pretty sure he said this. Spring lasts until summer begins so maybe April, May or June. And this perfectly aligns with the internal memo back in November. Since CEC backlog will clear within a month and fsw at the end of 2022. I think they need to conduct draws for 2023 and 2024. After all, they will need 75k via FHS in 2023 and 110k in 2024. Draws conducted will be for 2023 in the second half of this year.

JayJay Jamal

Jul 22, 2021
Did anyone watch the conference video of Sean?

He said that he's paying attention to CEC candidates' plea and situation of expiring WPs & losing jobs but he has no announcements to make now. So, in Spring he strongly hopes to announce something with regards to this issue and about resuming FSW draws. Pretty sure he said this. Spring lasts until summer begins so maybe April, May or June. And this perfectly aligns with the internal memo back in November. Since CEC backlog will clear within a month and fsw at the end of 2022. I think they need to conduct draws for 2023 and 2024. After all, they will need 75k via FHS in 2023 and 110k in 2024. Draws conducted will be for 2023 in the second half of this year.
Can you please share a link to this conference recording?

hsiddd

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
How was your landing experience in Toronto?
It was smooth. Had to wait a bit in queue, but overall not bad. Wasn't asked about arrivecan, quarantine plan, vaccines, or pcr reports. The immigration officer asked for my university degree for some reason. I didn't have it on me (was in my checked-in bag) nor was it in my mobile. So, I showed him my transcripts instead from my phone. He was satisfied and issued signed COPR. Gave a timeline of 4 months to get PR card

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
It was something like "Your application is in progress. We will let you know when we start your background check".

Seems like my security has been initiated. But not sure, since they haven't asked for an updated PCC
Sounds like it. I guess it's in IP2 stage now. As for me, I'm not sure if I'm in false IP2 or real IP2 because I never saw the IP1 message.

This might help https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/
My background check has been "We are processing your background check..." since the day I got AOR (may 24th 2021). It has never changed. My security was only started and completed on the 10th of February 2022. The statuses on the GCKey account means nothing.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello,
I hope you'll are doing great.

If anyone has any info regarding the following kindly help:-

1) If we make changes to our Noc Code in the express entry profile before the ITA, is there a log or record kept? Also, is it bad for the profile or reduce your chances in any way?

2) Now that the profile has expired after 1 year due to no Invitation, and we create a new profile and change the NOC , is there any way a record is kept or the profile info is matched or linked to the previous profile?

Thanks
1. All changes are recorded. I saw every single change I made to my EE profile in my gcms notes. One time when I ordered GCMS notes, they erroneously sent me my EE profile details instead of my PNP application details. That's how I know. HOWEVER, they don't care about any change you made to your profile prior to receiving ITA, so don't worry about that.

2. Like I said in (1), they keep records of every single profile whether active or expired, as well as the changes you made, but it doesn't matter at all, until you receive ITA. A lot of us made loads of changes to our details and NOCs before finally settling on the one we chose to go with.

IRCC keeps record of every single thing. In my last gcms notes for PPR, I could even see changes that I made to my application while I was still busy with it, prior to submitting!

Reactions: leonrdoandrade

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Heyyy! how much time does it take to receive GCMS notes? I ordered them on 22nd feb 2022 and still hasn't received.
Minimum time is 30 days (even if your notes are ready, they still wait for that 30 day mark before sending them to you :rolleyes:). These days, it takes longer than that. Most people get emails asking for extension of either 30, 45 or 60 days on the top of the original 30 days. So you don't really know when you will get your notes, until you get them.

MJ Mumbai

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
It was smooth. Had to wait a bit in queue, but overall not bad. Wasn't asked about arrivecan, quarantine plan, vaccines, or pcr reports. The immigration officer asked for my university degree for some reason. I didn't have it on me (was in my checked-in bag) nor was it in my mobile. So, I showed him my transcripts instead from my phone. He was satisfied and issued signed COPR. Gave a timeline of 4 months to get PR card
Timeline of 4 months for PR card meaning you have to do all the processing in 4 months max, or the PR card will be issued/delivered within 4 months ?

ElegantVegetable

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
I'm an FSW-O (No PNP) applicant
COR - USA
Biometrics - Feb 10th 2021
Upfront Remeds - Feb 25th 2022 Passed
VO - I think it's Ottawa not sure though

Is there an average time that takes from passing the remeds to getting PPR?

Reactions: VVV62 and he5ham

frankfz

Star Member
Jun 6, 2021
I'm an FSW-O (No PNP) applicant
COR - USA
Biometrics - Feb 10th 2021
Upfront Remeds - Feb 25th 2022 Passed
VO - I think it's Ottawa not sure though

Is there an average time that takes from passing the remeds to getting PPR?
You did remed without them asking you to? I thought US applicants would get extension

hsiddd

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
Timeline of 4 months for PR card meaning you have to do all the processing in 4 months max, or the PR card will be issued/delivered within 4 months ?
All formailities are done. My PR card will be mailed in about 4 months. Till then COPR document will have to do.

hdcanada_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hi All,

Been some time, how y'all been?
Landed in Toronto on 9th. Weather was okish on 9th and 10th but it's snowing since yesterday :confused:

Went to get my SIN at servicecanada, and had to stand in a long queue outside in the cold, fortunately got it after 3 hours wait in chilling windy cold.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you please tell if stamped passport & CoPR letter is all they ask for at immigration as proof of PR? Is PRTD (PR Travel Document) required?

vikramnaik14

Nov 30, 2020
Category........
PNP
Wow, that seems like a long time to get the PR card. Earlier they were giving it out within 1 or 1.5 months

Simran00

Jun 3, 2021
Hey,
1. All changes are recorded. I saw every single change I made to my EE profile in my gcms notes. One time when I ordered GCMS notes, they erroneously sent me my EE profile details instead of my PNP application details. That's how I know. HOWEVER, they don't care about any change you made to your profile prior to receiving ITA, so don't worry about that.

2. Like I said in (1), they keep records of every single profile whether active or expired, as well as the changes you made, but it doesn't matter at all, until you receive ITA. A lot of us made loads of changes to our details and NOCs before finally settling on the one we chose to go with.

IRCC keeps record of every single thing. In my last gcms notes for PPR, I could even see changes that I made to my application while I was still busy with it, prior to submitting!
Hey, it's understandable to keep logs in an active profile, but in 2nd case, how would they link the old profile back to the new one?