+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
You even have job offers lining up eh? Compsci/IT/software has it like that everywhere around the globe but generally speaking for all of STEM in Canada, having a job offer is a dream especially for students. I'm getting ready for my 6+ month unemployment in Alberta.
True, there are always jobs for IT all over the world and covid kinda made it better for us cos we can work remotely :) . I am so grateful for my late Dad pushing me towards IT all those years ago.

I have 3 standing offers at the moment. My husband is also in tech and he has 2 jobs - 1 in Toronto (remote) and 1 here in Regina. Combined pay of a little over $100/hr.

I really hope it doesn't take you that long to find a job.

Reactions: Yodm and RSub
D

Deleted member 1050918

True, there are always jobs for IT all over the world and covid kinda made it better for us cos we can work remotely :) .
Quite a many fields went remote with covid, I guess that's the only thing about the pandemic we can be grateful for. I hate going to work and work much better at home.

I really hope it doesn't take you that long to find a job.
I think I'll find a survival job within the first 3 months but a good and proper job will probably take me 6-12 months to find. Studies show that and I trust statistics so yeah. It's still something though, can't do any better unless I go to ON and I'd hate living in ON so I can't complain.

Reactions: Yodm and wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Quite a many fields went remote with covid, I guess that's the only thing about the pandemic we can be grateful for. I hate going to work and work much better at home.

I think I'll find a survival job within the first 3 months but a good and proper job will probably take me 6-12 months to find. Studies show that and I trust statistics so yeah. It's still something though, can't do any better unless I go to ON and I'd hate living in ON so I can't complain.
Can you live in Alberta but work remotely for a company in ON? That's what I meant when I said Covid helped cos you can work for any company no matter the geographical location.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Can you live in Alberta but work remotely for a company in ON? That's what I meant when I said Covid helped cos you can work for any company no matter the geographical location.
Eh sure, if I find an employer that wants to do it. Part of my field can/do work remotely but it's not largely adopted yet.

Deepa52

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
I was most worried about Security cos it was taking so long to start and I heard it could take months to complete. My security was done in a day.
[/QUOT
Most of the applicants whose VO is Edmonton, security is done and eligibility is not even started/under process

calis_s

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
From what I've been reading, it's a case where IRCC isn't exactly sure of something and wants to compare answers. If they straight up suspect intentional misrepresentation, they'd be sending a procedural fairness letter right away. So it's basically a second chance to clarify yourself on the record. Complex travel and personal history (multiple jobs/address etc) and people from countries where misrepresentation/security problems are higher are also getting it in general. Looking at the ADR to PPR timelines, I don't see a long enhanced security check for many if they don't have actual concerns with the schedule A.

My personal history is somewhat long and I made a couple of minor mistakes (didn't include apartment number and didn't include a professional membership since it was pretty much a paid thing to attend a conference). Probably why I got ADR. I'm just going to add along with a LOE for corrections
Now I am concerned :( I hope they won't reject our application for a stupid reason, although there is nothing wrong with it

Reactions: Ar12345

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Guys quick question did upfront re medical but it shows worker and looks diff from previous report .Rest everything looks great

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Guys quick question did upfront re medical but it shows worker and looks diff from previous report .Rest everything looks great
If you did upfront, then it will read like this:
Client visa details
IME
: Non EDE
Upfront medical type: Worker

If you did based on request, it will be:
Client visa details
IME
: Non EDE
Upfront medical type:

The one I did last year (upfront, for study permit) had non-EDE Worker. The one I did this time just said "non EDE". Both are correct.

Reactions: PRANIT01 and Hokage

suzanne456

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Difference for February is -3k CEC persons. -4.2k FSWP persons

avg processing for 30 days around 4.5k fswp as it stands. Maybe it might improve as CEC is eased off, i presume some of the remaining CECs are complex or are pending ADRs

and if this is the landed number, then actual case load might be lower.

Its already eaten into around 16k of the 56k target this year.