+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
No I did, I know I missed the email. My question is, is it normal that my medicals are frozen in Sept 2019? Not extended or Expired?
You're probably referring to what you see on the portal, but they don't update it there.

For example, my medicals were expired in last November and I still see my old November date on the portal, but when I called IRCC's callcenter they told me that my medicals were extended to September 21. (which is useless anyway)

If you want to know more about the current state of your medicals, call IRCC.

Bathna33

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-06-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2021
Med's Done....
18-11-2021
Passport Req..
07-01-2022
You're probably referring to what you see on the portal, but they don't update it there.

For example, my medicals were expired in last November and I still see my old November date on the portal, but when I called IRCC's callcenter they told me that my medicals were extended to September 21. (which is useless anyway)

If you want to know more about the current state of your medicals, call IRCC.
No, it was in the GCMS notes ordered in May 2021, it just says Medicals Passed while down in the pages where they give COPR details they said the medicals expired are valid until July 2020. You think I should call instead?

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
No, it was in the GCMS notes ordered in May 2021, it just says Medicals Passed while down in the pages where they give COPR details they said the medicals expired are valid until July 2020. You think I should call instead?
In that case, I doubt that you can get any new information from the call center. Furthermore, if your medicals were valid until July 2020, that means there are three possibilities:
1- Your medical exam expired in July 2020 and they didn't extend it.
2- Your medical exam expired in July 2020 and they extended it for 6 months, then it expired again.
3- Your medical exam expired in July 2020 and they extended it for 12 months (can be done only for certain countries), then it expired again.

So especially after considering the fact that IRCC can not give extention to a medical exam more than once, you are gonna need to get another exam after September 7, and you're in group C like most of us in IRCC's new list. (Check my previous post to see what is group C: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fsw-worldwide.739338/post-9604880 )

Reactions: Bathna33

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Well, spend a few thousands dollars and a year to learn French from a premium institution and get at least %50 cheaper housing for the rest of your life, plus you'll have an extra language. :D

In my opinion, it's a good investment. Especially after considering the fact that some manors are cheaper in Quebec than some dirty basements in Ontario.
100% mate, you read my mind! I started learning French bc I thought I'd need it to move to Canada, but now I'm continuing with it because I think I'll need it to find affordable housing haha. Sigh. It is tough these days

Bathna33

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-06-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2021
Med's Done....
18-11-2021
Passport Req..
07-01-2022
In that case, I doubt that you can get any new information from the call center. Furthermore, if your medicals were valid until July 2020, that means there are three possibilities:
1- Your medical exam expired in July 2020 and they didn't extend it.
2- Your medical exam expired in July 2020 and they extended it for 6 months, then it expired again.
3- Your medical exam expired in July 2020 and they extended it for 12 months (can be done only for certain countries), then it expired again.

So especially after considering the fact that IRCC can not give extention to a medical exam more than once, you are gonna need to get another exam after September 7, and you're in group C like most of us in IRCC's new list. (Check my previous post to see what is group C: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fsw-worldwide.739338/post-9604880 )

Thank you! I will keep that in mind. And also I am not sure if Validity is July or November (couldn't upload) either way I hope it works out by September. Much appreciated! :)

Jid1234567

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Montreal, definitely not. Prices climbing very rapidly. The rest of Quebec, things are much much cheaper... so far. But you really need to know French well to live outside of Montreal.
What about Gatineau? Is it a good city to live? I heard rent is relatively cheap there. I’m fully bilingual so French isn’t really an issue for me. I’m getting both positive and negative vibes from the reviews I’ve seen online.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
What about Gatineau? Is it a good city to live? I heard rent is relatively cheap there. I’m fully bilingual so French isn’t really an issue for me. I’m getting both positive and negative vibes from the reviews I’ve seen online.
Haven't lived there. It's cheaper than Ottawa but prices are going up. I'm not sure there is a ton to do except outdoors stuff... It seems like a French-speaking suburb with a large English-speaking presence. Not an expert on it though! I'd be interested in Montreal, Quebec, or somewhere in Estrie I think.

Jid1234567

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Haven't lived there. It's cheaper than Ottawa but prices are going up. I'm not sure there is a ton to do except outdoors stuff... It seems like a French-speaking suburb with a large English-speaking presence. Not an expert on it though! I'd be interested in Montreal, Quebec, or somewhere in Estrie I think.
Alright thanks

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
100% mate, you read my mind! I started learning French bc I thought I'd need it to move to Canada, but now I'm continuing with it because I think I'll need it to find affordable housing haha. Sigh. It is tough these days
I wanted to immigrate to British Columbia, somewhere near Vancouver (like 1 hour distance at max) from the very start of my journey, but housing prices are going insane there. I feel like I can never afford to buy my own house in BC, even if I could I wouldn't pay 1.5-2 million dollars for a wooden house anyway.

250-300k CAD is usually enough to buy a decent place in most provinces including Quebec. Now I'm having doubts whether I should settle in BC or consider Quebec as an alternative. After all, it is a better option for middle class citizens anyway. The only downside for me is that province speaks french and I need to learn it if I want to live there. :)

Reactions: Jid1234567

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
Sure bud. Could you please contact IRCC and tell them their 2019 report is wrong? They might wanna get the correct numbers from you guys and correct their mistake.
Hehe.. lets chill.. it doesn’t matter anyway wat they did before covid.. all i know is they r neither finalizing applications in 4-5 months nor 6-9 months.. they aren’t finalizing at all

Jid1234567

Star Member
May 25, 2021
I wanted to immigrate to British Columbia, somewhere near Vancouver (like 1 hour distance at max) from the very start of my journey, but housing prices are going insane there. I feel like I can never afford to buy my own house in BC, even if I could I wouldn't pay 1.5-2 million dollars for a wooden house anyway.

250-300k CAD is usually enough to buy a decent place in most provinces including Quebec. Now I'm having doubts whether I should settle in BC or consider Quebec as an alternative. After all, it is a better option for middle class citizens anyway. The only downside for me is that province speaks french and I need to learn it if I want to live there. :)
So Quebec is relatively cheap yeah in comparison with other provinces? I was considering Alberta before but the way housing is going up I don’t know. If Quebec is better for middle class citizens then it’s a better option for me. What about their healthcare system there, daycare, school etc.

D

Deleted member 1050918

So Quebec is relatively cheap yeah in comparison with other provinces? I was considering Alberta before but the way housing is going up I don’t know. If Quebec is better for middle class citizens then it’s a better option for me. What about their healthcare system there, daycare, school etc.
Social life might be harder than what you could have in rest of Canada though. Check this out: https://globalnews.ca/news/4882076/bc-alienation-quebec-angus-reid-poll/

I've even heard from some Canadians themselves that people in Quebec are a little "different". Social dynamics are different there. If that doesn't matter to you then you'd enjoy much cheaper housing there. But if it does, think carefully.

Reactions: Jid1234567