+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
So Quebec is relatively cheap yeah in comparison with other provinces? I was considering Alberta before but the way housing is going up I don’t know. If Quebec is better for middle class citizens then it’s a better option for me. What about their healthcare system there, daycare, school etc.
They have cheaper childcare, somewhat better healthcare system, better and extensive social programs, considerably cheaper housing and less immigration than English speaking parts of Canada. They even pay you 800$ + transportation allowance a month, if you're agreeing to attend a French course which is also paid by a government. :) https://www.quebec.ca/en/education/learn-french/full-time-courses/immigrants/full-time/financial-assistance

For housing prices you can check out: https://www.realtor.ca/ It's the official real-estate website of realtors in Canada.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Canada PM Trudeau planning snap election, seeks approval for COVID response
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is planning a snap election for Sept. 20 to seek voter approval for the government's costly plans to combat COVID-19, four sources familiar with the matter said on Thursday.

Trudeau is set to make the announcement on Sunday, said the sources, who requested anonymity given the sensitivity of the situation. Trudeau aides have said for months that the ruling Liberals would push for a vote before the end of 2021, two years ahead of schedule.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canada-pm-trudeau-is-planning-call-snap-election-sept-20-sources-2021-08-12/

Reactions: Tristan-XI
D

Deleted member 1050918

Canada PM Trudeau planning snap election, seeks approval for COVID response
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is planning a snap election for Sept. 20 to seek voter approval for the government's costly plans to combat COVID-19, four sources familiar with the matter said on Thursday.

Trudeau is set to make the announcement on Sunday, said the sources, who requested anonymity given the sensitivity of the situation. Trudeau aides have said for months that the ruling Liberals would push for a vote before the end of 2021, two years ahead of schedule.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canada-pm-trudeau-is-planning-call-snap-election-sept-20-sources-2021-08-12/
FSW before Sept ends then. Really want this dumb election to be over.

kal91

Nov 4, 2019
Been a silent reader for ages. Thought I'd chime in regarding Gatineau and Quebec in General.

I live in Ottawa (FSW 0 - AOR July 27th 2019 - PPR October 31st 2019) Landed just before xmas that year.

Cost of living in Quebec is cheaper, even with their higher taxes, rents are better and so is car insurance.

Now living in Gatineau you can definetly get by with english, and find a job on the Ontario side (its roughly a 10 min commute) You can also get by with english in Montreal, but your job opportunities might take a hit since they give priority to french.

I stayed in a short term rental in Gatineau (during the curfew ) before I got my job and moved to downtown Ottawa. Barley noticed the commute tbh.

One thing to note is that french canadian is quite a lot different especially in daily conversations, I learnt french from france (B2/C1 level) and I struggled a bit haha. If you go to deeper Quebec, they dont really speak english there.

If anyone wants any tips or advice just reach out!

Rooting for the draws to come back!

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
how
Been a silent reader for ages. Thought I'd chime in regarding Gatineau and Quebec in General.

I live in Ottawa (FSW 0 - AOR July 27th 2019 - PPR October 31st 2019) Landed just before xmas that year.

Cost of living in Quebec is cheaper, even with their higher taxes, rents are better so is car insurance.

Now living in Gatineau you can definetly get by with english, and find a job on the Ontario side (its roughly a 10 min commute) You can also get by with english in Montreal, but your job opportunities might take a hit since they give priority to french.

I stayed in a short term rental in Gatineau (during the curfew ) before I got my job and moved to downtown Ottawa. Barley noticed the commute tbh.

One thing to note is that french canadian is quite a lot different especially in daily conversations, I learnt french from france (B2/C1 level) and I struggled a bit haha. If you go to deeper Quebec, they dont really speak english there.

If anyone wants any tips or advice just reach out!

Rooting for the draws to come back!
How much are you paying for car insurance? and if you dont mind, what car do you drive?

kal91

Nov 4, 2019
how

How much are you paying for car insurance? and if you dont mind, what car do you drive?
Im an Ontario resident so I pay Ontario prices - As a newcomer you will pay higher premiums cause you don't have a driving record (I got my full G license cause I brought my previous driving record so I could just skip to the test).

I pay around 200 bucks and I drive a Chev Cruze. In Quebec it would only be just over 100 bucks.

Im gonna reach a full year of driving in Oct so it should go down then since I'll have a record now.