+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

tshtsh

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
I dont know how they come about this data but most of the people I know who applied in the first three quarters of 2019 got their application processed in 4 months.
Today IRCC website says applications for CEC received in the first week of december 2020 are being finalized but I've seen tons of CECs that submitted their application in Jan, feb and march 2021 having their applications approved in three months

D

Deleted member 1050918

I dont know how they come about this data but most of the people I know who applied in the first three quarters of 2019 got their application processed in 4 months.
Today IRCC website says applications for CEC received in the first week of december 2020 are being finalized but I've seen tons of CECs that submitted their application in Jan, feb and march 2021 having their applications approved in three months
Again, "most people I know" is a very small sample size. You can't base any statistics on that.

D

Deleted member 1050918

What? It takes more than a day for that? Is that the standard time for all Canadian banks? That’s very strange for a first world country.
Well my experience has always been that. It should be instant to pay balance to my credit card from my chequing account but for me it takes from several hours to more than a day. Sending money to different accounts takes at least 2-3 days. IT hasn't arrived to Canada yet. In my home country, if you have a payment due 12 AM, you can use the mobile banking app on your phone and make your payment at 11:59 PM and save yourself any headaches; money is always delivered instantly.

I mean it is the internet, how difficult can it be to remove some numbers from one account to add into another account? It's a big deal in Canada.

Hokage

Feb 27, 2020
Category........
FSW
I said same thing last year and took my time. In fact I missed a draw because I was so busy and didnt make out time to go to the postal room to get my IELTS result (I needed the hardcopy for TRF number). Things began to change when IRCC postponed a draw and added 50 points to bilingual profiles. The next draw was 478 and I was 475 (lost 6 points to my birthday). I did not get an ITA. Two weeks later cutoff came down to 472 and I got ITA. I had three months to apply and I took all the time waiting 10 weeks before submitting application. Two weeks later my medicals were passed and I got invited for biometrics. I got the biometrics enrolled and IRCC updated my profile less than 24 hours later sometime in February. That was the last I heard from IRCC till date. Its more than 6 months now. But looking at the pool now my 475 wont be eligible for ITA if a draw is carried out today. It is harder
Have you perhaps ordered notes? Not aware of anyone with a 2021 AOR who's ordered them and has "passed" some of the steps. I'll only consider ordering mine after month 6, which is later this month.

Even before I’ve received ITA I’m calm and positive; nothing will change after receiving ITA lol
After entering the pool in early 2020 I wasnt bothered about a draw as I knew it was coming at some point. It came after months as a complete surprise and since then nothings been the same. Once you're AOR you're fully committed and invested in the process as your life changes or can change in a day once a decision is made. Its waiting for that decision that is completely out of your control for the 1st time since being in the pool, that does a number of your mental state lol.
Never knew I was this impatient myself actually.

Last edited:

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Have you perhaps ordered notes? Not aware of anyone with a 2021 AOR who's ordered them and has "passed" some of the steps. I'll order mine after month 6, which is later this month.

After entering the pool in early 2020 I wasnt bothered about a draw as I knew it was coming at some point. It came after months as a complete surprise and since then nothings been the same. Once you're AOR you're fully committed and invested in the process as your life changes or can change in a day once a decision is made. Its waiting for that decision that is completely out of your control for the 1st time since being in the pool, that does a number of your mental state lol.
Never knew I was this impatient myself actually.
No doubt, waiting in the dark can trigger emotions. People deal with these kind of situations differently and I can’t really blame people for how they react as we all have different patience thresholds. Even patience has an expiry date lol

Reactions: Hokage

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
You're wrong. Average time for FSW was 9 months in 2019. Check IRCC's report for 2019: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/express-entry-year-end-report-2019.html

Processing times have gone up due to the pandemic. That's an expected outcome. Nothing has been made more difficult for FSWs. Same pool, same everything, just a little longer to have your app processed. It's just we're waiting for the draws. "Some people I personally know" is never a good reference for statistics.
Nope mate, you're wrong. You're making such bold statements for such a new guy. You better value more experienced people's experience than your own opinion.
1-) 6 months average processing time is an official timeline that you can still see on the government website, and 2 years ago when you didn't even exist here or plan immigration, we have been watching outlanders get their files finalized in 4-5 months in this forum.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
2-) As I stated earlier, almost all late 2019 applications are still waiting. I can understand you weren't with us during all this time so you have idea about the past, but you can at least check the October, November or December 2019 threads to have a general idea on what's going on. The current processing time is not 12-13 months. Currently, there is no processing time for FSW-O since they've stopped finalizing them. That's why people are waiting September 8th.

I'm not planning to enter another never-ending , time-consuming discussion on this thread with a newbie for free. I've just corrected your first message to prevent that message from misinforming others on current processing times.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Nope mate, you're wrong. You're making such bold statements for such a new guy. You better value more experienced people's experience than your own opinion.
1-) 6 months average processing time is an official timeline that you can still see on the government website, and 2 years ago when you didn't even exist here or plan immigration, we have been watching outlanders get their files finalized in 4-5 months in this forum.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
2-) As I stated earlier, almost all late 2019 applications are still waiting. I can understand you weren't with us during all this time so you have idea about the past, but you can at least check the October, November or December 2019 threads to have a general idea on what's going on. The current processing time is not 12-13 months. Currently, there is no processing time for FSW-O since they've stopped finalizing them. That's why people are waiting September 8th.

I'm not planning to enter another never-ending , time-consuming discussion on this thread with a newbie for free. I've just corrected your first message to prevent that message from misinforming others on current processing times.
I said avg processing time for FSW was 9 months in 2019, and showed you IRCC's report on that. Should be simple to understand. There's nothing to correct, the report is there. No need to go mental and write walls of text dude chill.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Might be another July 21... Normal draw days would be Sept 1 and Sept 15. I guess Sept 15 is safer.
Yeah just looking forward to 7th to see the official news about travel restrictions being finally lifted internationally. After that I anticipate PPRs beginning to rain and then the draws. I’ve always looked forward to Sept 15 (for resumption of draws) since they announced the travel restrictions easing plans last month

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
It is like time is frozen mate. I hope they finalize someone's... anyone's.... FSW-O application shortly after border opening so we can have some hope that they'll eventually process all waiting outlander files.
I can totally relate. We are in dire need of that ray of hope.