+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Hokage

Feb 27, 2020
Category........
FSW
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/learning-french.592800/post-8861890

Even folks who are not planning to learn French might find this post interesting because it can give some a nice dose of hopium. It is the story of my 16 year journey to get ITA. Never, ever give up. Yes, have back-up plans and whatnot, but always remember the old proverb: Where there is a will, there is a way.
So it is possible! This is truly impressive and inspiring fam! What a journey!?
I'll be using this as my blueprint for sure. Appreciate this alot man!

Reactions: Jaycejay

tshtsh

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
So it is possible! This is truly impressive and inspiring fam! What a journey!?
I'll be using this as my blueprint for sure. Appreciate this alot man!
The goal post changes quite often. Right now there are three or more battles: 1. IRCC conducting anFSW draw. 2. When the draw is conducted being lucky enough to be invited. 3. After invited, the odds of IRCC processing your applications. From a neutral point of view I believe the system has been made more difficult for FSW candidates.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
The goal post changes quite often. Right now there are three or more battles: 1. IRCC conducting anFSW draw. 2. When the draw is conducted being lucky enough to be invited. 3. After invited, the odds of IRCC processing your applications. From a neutral point of view I believe the system has been made more difficult for FSW candidates.
Once i cross hurdle 2 trust me, I would be good. They can take 2 years to process my application. I don’t mind lol

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
Montreal, definitely not. Prices climbing very rapidly. The rest of Quebec, things are much much cheaper... so far. But you really need to know French well to live outside of Montreal.
Well, spend a few thousands dollars and a year to learn French from a premium institution and get at least %50 cheaper housing for the rest of your life, plus you'll have an extra language. :D

In my opinion, it's a good investment. Especially after considering the fact that some manors are cheaper in Quebec than some dirty basements in Ontario.

D

Deleted member 1050918

2 and 3 have always been the same; average processing time was about 9 months in 2019. Right now it's probably around 12-13 months so it's not too different. FSWs are good when draws continue. Nothing's been made more difficult.

Reactions: Jaycejay

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
2 and 3 have always been the same; average processing time was about 9 months in 2019. Right now it's probably around 12-13 months so it's not too different. FSWs are good when draws continue. Nothing's been made more difficult.
This message is completely wrong, and I can confirm it with experience as a November 2019 AOR FSW-O applicant.

Processing times officially were 6months in 2019, but in reality it was 4.5 - 5 months.
Almost none of late 2019 files have been finalized due to pandemic. All the October, November, December (outland) folks I personally know are still waiting.

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
Once i cross hurdle 2 trust me, I would be good. They can take 2 years to process my application. I don’t mind lol
Be careful with what you wish for my friend. :rolleyes: (Says someone who've been waiting since November 2019 with an approved file due to inhumane travel restrictions.)

Reactions: ita_drgen

tshtsh

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
I said same thing last year and took my time. In fact I missed a draw because I was so busy and didnt make out time to go to the postal room to get my IELTS result (I needed the hardcopy for TRF number). Things began to change when IRCC postponed a draw and added 50 points to bilingual profiles. The next draw was 478 and I was 475 (lost 6 points to my birthday). I did not get an ITA. Two weeks later cutoff came down to 472 and I got ITA. I had three months to apply and I took all the time waiting 10 weeks before submitting application. Two weeks later my medicals were passed and I got invited for biometrics. I got the biometrics enrolled and IRCC updated my profile less than 24 hours later sometime in February. That was the last I heard from IRCC till date. Its more than 6 months now. But looking at the pool now my 475 wont be eligible for ITA if a draw is carried out today. It is harder

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I said same thing last year and took my time. In fact I missed a draw because I was so busy and didnt make out time to go to the postal room to get my IELTS result (I needed the hardcopy for TRF number). Things began to change when IELTS postponed a draw and added 50 points to bilingual profiles. The next draw was 478 and I was 476. I did not get an ITA. Two weeks later cutoff came down to 472 and I got ITA. I had three months to apply and I took all the time waiting 10 weeks before submitting application. Two weeks later my medicals were passed and I got invited for biometrics. I got the biometrics enrolled and IRCC updated my profile less than 24 hours later sometime in February. That was the last I heard from IRCC till date. Its more than 6 months now. But looking at the pool now my 476 wont be eligible for ITA if a draw is carried out today. It is harder
It’s definitely harder now but once i cross that ITA stage I’m good.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Be careful with what you wish for my friend. :rolleyes: (Says someone who've been waiting since November 2019 with an approved file due to inhumane travel restrictions.)
I’m not wishing for that but even if it comes to that. It is what it is :)

Reactions: Glaber

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
We're talking about the country who only have recently abandoned physical envelopes in ATM, and whose banking system is such a joke that it takes more than one day to send funds from your chequing account to your credit card. Are you surprised?
What? It takes more than a day for that? Is that the standard time for all Canadian banks? That’s very strange for a first world country.

D

Deleted member 1050918

This message is completely wrong, and I can confirm it with experience as a November 2019 AOR FSW-O applicant.

Processing times officially were 6months in 2019, but in reality it was 4.5 - 5 months.
Almost none of late 2019 files have been finalized due to pandemic. All the October, November, December (outland) folks I personally know are still waiting.
You're wrong. Average time for FSW was 9 months in 2019. Check IRCC's report for 2019: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/express-entry-year-end-report-2019.html

Processing times have gone up due to the pandemic. That's an expected outcome. Nothing has been made more difficult for FSWs. Same pool, same everything, just a little longer to have your app processed. It's just we're waiting for the draws. "Some people I personally know" is never a good reference for statistics.