Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
@tapperb @ImpatientKangaroo @wonderbly @RSub
Guys I really appreciate all your comments...Much better than a lawyer.
So first of all, why I am not going for a 2nd Master: Almost all Masters in business-management related fields require a GMAT of at least 550-600+, considering my math background, there is 0% possibility I can ever make that unless I study and prepare for the exams for at least 2-3 years.
Now, I guess I have somehow a weird case. I got the financial support from the employer to do a degree abroad, however not qualified for a Master's admission (My current MBA did not have a GMAT requirement as it is from a considerably average school)
I guess some of you mentioned that Langara college is not that reputable either. I totally agree, but considering my academic background, first of all, I can not go for Canadian universities as I am not qualified to get admission. Secondly, having a degree from "Canada" (or basically all other English speaking countries) does give me an automatic boost in terms of my education's reputation...So yeah Langara College may not be a high ranked institute, but in my country they won't consider Langara College, they will consider the fact that I have a degree from "Canada" :) Sounds wiered but that is how it works here...I know others who have a degree from XYZ university in some European country and they are already considered a God in their workplace

Now, I get some sort of mixed answers. @ImpatientKangaroo does believe that it is more about how you prove that you will get back home once you are done with your degree, while others are mostly saying that simply because I am going for a "lower level" of degree, I will be rejected a visa.

So may I ask for a final opionion of you guys? In my thought, the visa officer mostly emphasize on how likely you are to return back to your country once your visa is over. Now, I have an employer who is planning to open an office in Germany and appoint me as the overseas marketing manager. I am under 30, and have lived 8 years abroad (since I was 16) before returning back home. Considering all these facts:
1: Shall I utilize this chance to study in Canada, as employer is ready to sponsor?
2: If you guys think the visa would most probabely be rejected, what are the chances to take the decision to the court afterwards?
Or you just simply recommend me to ignore this chance I have to earn a degree from Canada...Maybe consider another English speaking destination (if I can find anything as affordable as Canada among English speaking)

Thanks everyone again! My post is just too long, I hope others find my questions helpful too if there are people in similar situation as mine.
I had decided not to post again but your weird predicament reminded me of mine when I was about 27-28. So here let me tell you what I faced and what I finally did. Its hard to know if my experience applies directly but it can give you a point of reference.

Back when I was 27-28, I had a chance to go to Japan for Phd with fully funded scholarship (they have or used to have a very good national scholarship). In my workplace, I met a guy who had a history of working at TJ Watson and Microsoft Research Lab. He told me a critical parameter to judge the quality of research output of any lab I was going to join : Look at where they publish their work and the acceptance rate of the journal or conference. To cut a long story short, I did not go to Japan.

Why am I tell you this? I had to separate two : Education and Place of Education to make a decent call. You mix two, you do not make sense out of the situation. Education is not just money, its your time as well... very important time. I had and still have a Japan and Japanese fetish but that cannot be the basis to seek education there. Ironically, now a days Japan is offering a PR in a format not too different to Canada.

Its not VO that is important here. He or she can be managed or gamed. Its not impossible and people have done it many times. Its ... you that is the most important factor. Do you want to carry this degree/certificate on your resume for rest of the life? Will you need to explain this degree/diploma/certificate to everyone? Naturally, a critical parameter is where do these folks with such diploma go? What kind of career they have? Do you want that? Ask yourself those questions and decide.

Now one more thing. You DO NOT need to do GMAT for a great MBA in Canada or USA. Many decent universities also accept the "new" GRE score (https://www.ets.org/gre/consider/business/programs) as well. In my experience, GRE is an order of magnitude easier than GMAT.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Man, God bless you. If I wanted to ask these stuff from a lawyer, had to pay 50-100$ for half an hour interview and they won't get into any detail at all. Much Appreciated. Gonna go for it.
As for the letter from the employer, yeah that is my plan already. I noted all your points here as well. Big Big thanks
People get all the answers here.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I had decided not to post again but your weird predicament reminded me of mine when I was about 27-28. So here let me tell you what I faced and what I finally did. Its hard to know if my experience applies directly but it can give you a point of reference.

Back when I was 27-28, I had a chance to go to Japan for Phd with fully funded scholarship (they have or used to have a very good national scholarship). In my workplace, I met a guy who had a history of working at TJ Watson and Microsoft Research Lab. He told me a critical parameter to judge the quality of research output of any lab I was going to join : Look at where they publish their work and the acceptance rate of the journal or conference. To cut a long story short, I did not go to Japan.

Why am I tell you this? I had to separate two : Education and Place of Education to make a decent call. You mix two, you do not make sense out of the situation. Education is not just money, its your time as well... very important time. I had and still have a Japan and Japanese fetish but that cannot be the basis to seek education there. Ironically, now a days Japan is offering a PR in a format not too different to Canada.

Its not VO that is important here. He or she can be managed or gamed. Its not impossible and people have done it many times. Its ... you that is the most important factor. Do you want to carry this degree/certificate on your resume for rest of the life? Will you need to explain this degree/diploma/certificate to everyone? Naturally, a critical parameter is where do these folks with such diploma go? What kind of career they have? Do you want that? Ask yourself those questions and decide.

Now one more thing. You DO NOT need to do GMAT for a great MBA in Canada or USA. Many decent universities also accept the "new" GRE score (https://www.ets.org/gre/consider/business/programs) as well. In my experience, GRE is an order of magnitude easier than GMAT.
You controlled your inner weaboo, good job.

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021

It is a pleasure to read your story buddy. First of all I have some sort of Asian "fetish" too :) And yeah, indeed a very weird case
:D
I do get your points. Of course spending a couple of years to earn a diploma, I have to consider factors beyond the cost and visa issues alone. I have to confess that part of this decision of my employer is to basically show off that one of his "key employees" hold a degree from "CANADA - or any other English speaking countires, Canada seems the most affordable compared to the quality and reputation offered.
But I personally want to actually gain something out of this beyond a "CANADIAN Diploma". I have studied business for 6.5 years until I earned that MBA and honestly, less than a 3rd of what I have learned was directly useful in my workplace. That is why I am going through the curriculum of those diplomas as trying to find the one that offers the most reasonable value.
Now, although is my employer who is willing to sponsor me, I do not really want to just go for anything just because its his money and not mine. The reason why I gave so much weight on visa issues is that I just don't want to make my company disappointed with the money they are going to spend. We have been considering UK and US as well, but not only the expenses would be way higher, the US is also not much visa friendly for my passport.
Again, thank you for sharing your story. I see comments are quiet positive regarding my case. I just hope all of us succeed in this journey.

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
My advice to you, @Pasha1 and anyone else thinking of going the study route is to spend time in the "International Students" forum. Read old posts from 2020 onwards (cos lots of things changed from then onwards). Learn from the mistakes of others and see how to put together the best study permit application.
Gonna go check it right now. Thanks buddy

Nabeela 1989

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
I am AOR November 2020 London office.Eligibility passed in May last year.remedial passed yesterday.Today received a ghost update and background changed from in progress to we are processing your background.
What does the last ghost update mean?
Since my eligibility is already passed.

Reactions: ambee and VVV62
D

Deleted member 1050918

I am AOR November 2020 London office.Eligibility passed in May last year.remedial passed yesterday.Today received a ghost update and background changed from in progress to we are processing your background.
What does the last ghost update mean?
Since my eligibility is already passed.
The last GU looks like IP2. It usually is just before PPR. You might get PPR in a few weeks.

Reactions: fdelliott2
Oct 8, 2021
How many days does it take to get the passport stamped by IRCC Delhi office?
My passport reached their office last week, haven’t heard since then. Anyone on the same boat?

Reactions: dankboi

Ketchup5813

Sep 8, 2021
Data FTP 31/01/2015 To 16/02/2022
Row LabelsTotal DrawsTotal ITAs% of Total Draw Count% of Total ITAsDraws Per YearDraws Per MonthITA Per YearITA Per Month
CEC Only2813471713%24.6%40.33192451604
FST625553%0.5%10.0736530
APD13838532264%70.4%201.64550464587
PNP432483520%4.5%60.513548296
Grand Total215547429100%100%312.56782046517

If this data is correct, then all programs draw has been dominating for all these years, how do they expect to fill the gaps with sudden shift from APD to PNP or TR2PR

Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
How many days does it take to get the passport stamped by IRCC Delhi office?
My passport reached their office last week, haven’t heard since then. Anyone on the same boat?
i am on three telegram groups of Intl students and from their queries I understood this specific Visa office is flooded with passports for stamping.
Kids complain as if the visa office is working only to process their study permits hehe. The study permit apps are processed in bulk so are the ppr's and refusals too.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Data FTP 31/01/2015 To 16/02/2022
Row LabelsTotal DrawsTotal ITAs% of Total Draw Count% of Total ITAsDraws Per YearDraws Per MonthITA Per YearITA Per Month
CEC Only2813471713%24.6%40.33192451604
FST625553%0.5%10.0736530
APD13838532264%70.4%201.64550464587
PNP432483520%4.5%60.513548296
Grand Total215547429100%100%312.56782046517

If this data is correct, then all programs draw has been dominating for all these years, how do they expect to fill the gaps with sudden shift from APD to PNP or TR2PR
tr2pr was a one time thing
PNP is provincial thing.
maybe federal government wants a Federal Nomination Program hehe with NOC's different from PNP

Reactions: Ketchup5813