+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

In my case, I am actually going to be offered an overseas position once I finish the degree (to handle the marketing department of our Europe based subsidary - which is not yet established, that is the plan of the employer).
End of the story. Your chances of getting a study permit are quite good if you mention this to IRCC in your letter. Emphasize OVERSEAS and PROMOTION in your letter and you're golden. I mean look at it;

1. Your OVERSEAS employer is sending you to Canada for that degree. This demonstrates strong bonds with that country and employer.

2. You are PROMISED to get a promotion OVERSEAS if you get this specific degree from Canada. It is obvious how much this Canadian degree will improve your career back in your home country (or whatever OVERSEAS country you're going to go after).

3. This is all about a SKILLED profession and training. You're aiming for the best programme you can get admitted to in Canada. You're not trying to sneak your way into Canada through some brainfuck programme and toilet paper degree.

Tried to give you the keywords. Nail that letter and you're gonna get your study permit.

Pro tip: Try to get your employer to write a short letter briefly explaining their rationale for sending you to Canada to get this degree. Include that letter in your application as a separate letter than your own letter of intent. Make sure your employer also mentions how they're expecting you to return and what position/promotion they've planned for you upon completing your studies. That will help demonstrate stronger bonds with your country and employer.

For instance, my employer is saying that when he introduces me to our clients, he would like to mention that Mr.XYZ earned his degree from Canada, to impress the other party :) This is one of the very main reasons behind him wishing to sponsor me. However I am not sure whether if I tell this truth exactly to the visa officer, does it gonna work or not! Shall I just go with the plain (and perhaps wierd) truth or put in some politics in what I am going to say?
Leave out such deep details. No need for those. Just explain how that Canadian degree will help you greatly in standing out as a professional in your field and at your company.

Foreign employer sponsoring you for a degree in Canada is a dream come true mate. I'm jelly. Best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: KojiGold

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
I think we are in the same path ,didn't read the whole discussion but from what I understood you want to be a DA but don't have a ca background.
It is fine
You can reach there by another way ,Check about Masters in Industrial engineering. IE is almost a mix of mba,DA,supply chain,process control,But be careful some uni don't offer that DA part.
If you select more courses in DA you can be a DA or DS without being a computer engineer but there is a huge learning curve.
You will have to learn a lot by yourself
Like sql,bi/tableu,python (pandas ,numpy),excel(pro level),machine learning.

Your first job will be mostly a supply chain analyst, you will get domain exp also from this .You won't face the prob @RSub mentioned also about low pay because many are industry specific.
I hope I answered your question
You know any schools that offer that kinda IE degree?

Reactions: PRANIT01

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
End of the story. Your chances of getting a study permit are quite good if you mention this to IRCC in your letter. Emphasize OVERSEAS and PROMOTION in your letter and you're golden. I mean look at it;

1. Your OVERSEAS employer is sending you to Canada for that degree. This demonstrates strong bonds with that country and employer.

2. You are PROMISED to get a promotion OVERSEAS if you get this specific degree from Canada. It is obvious how much this Canadian degree will improve your career back in your home country (or whatever OVERSEAS country you're going to go after).

3. This is all about a SKILLED profession and training. You're aiming for the best programme you can get admitted to in Canada. You're not trying to sneak your way into Canada through some brainfuck programme and toilet paper degree.

Tried to give you the keywords. Nail that letter and you're gonna get your study permit.

Pro tip: Try to get your employer to write a short letter briefly explaining their rationale for sending you to Canada to get this degree. Include that letter in your application as a separate letter than your own letter of intent. That will help demonstrate stronger bonds with your country and employer.

Leave out such deep details. No need for those. Just explain how that Canadian degree will help you greatly in standing out as a professional in your field and at your company.

Foreign employer sponsoring you for a degree in Canada is a dream come true mate. I'm jelly. Best of luck.
Man, God bless you. If I wanted to ask these stuff from a lawyer, had to pay 50-100$ for half an hour interview and they won't get into any detail at all. Much Appreciated. Gonna go for it.
As for the letter from the employer, yeah that is my plan already. I noted all your points here as well. Big Big thanks

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
You know any schools that offer that kinda IE degree?
I have not researched about Canada much in us almost all have IE(in US try for top 50 schools otherwise it is useless),I studied in US but I am sure there are plenty of Canadian universities which offer
Try searching
Uni of Alberta
McGill
UT
UBC
They should have it.
To be an industrial engineer there is no prerequisites other than some knowledge in stats.

Reactions: imransyed

Fiji_Islander

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022

Pasha1

Star Member
Dec 17, 2021
idk why they decided to get snarky. I shouldn't stoop to their level though, my bad.
My dear Indian friend! Why are you so cross with me? I thought we were friends(( Although some might think that I should say you are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt in response to your calling me 'snarky bitch' but no, I strongly disagree with that.
By the way, I sincerely thank your for your invaluable inputs, that's very noice of you! I will definitely look into MMA programs, they might actually turn out to be the best option for me after all.
Again no hard feelings, okay? Cheers!

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
My dear Indian friend! Why are you so cross with me? I thought we were friends(( Although some might think that I should say you are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt in response to your calling me 'snarky bitch' but no, I strongly disagree with that.
By the way, I sincerely thank your for your invaluable inputs, that's very noice of you! I will definitely look into MMA programs, they might actually turn out to be the best option for me after all.
Again no hard feelings, okay? Cheers!
I dont think he is Indian lol.Just because someone put a bad comment that doesn't mean that they are indian.

Why this hate ? I can understand Pakistanis blowing steam or Chinese blowing steam but you being a Turkish we don't even know you guys nor you guys know us.I am not calling you racist ,but I think you have serious misunderstandings or previous bad experiences from someone.

On the contrary people like me like Turkish culture which we have seen through Netflix and I can tell you there are a lot of similarities.my friend in spain says you guys ,Iranians are very nice.

Last edited:

Pasha1

Star Member
Dec 17, 2021
I dont think he is Indian lol.Just because someone put a bad comment that doesn't mean that they are indian.

Why this hate ? I can understand Pakistanis blowing steam or Chinese blowing steam but you being a Turkish we don't even know you guys nor you guys know us.I am not calling you racist ,but I think you have serious misunderstandings or previous bad experiences from someone.

On the contrary people like me like Turkish culture which we have seen through Netflix and I can tell you there are a lot of similarities.my friend in spain says you guys ,Iranians are very nice.
@PRANIT01, my buddy, I don't hate anybody. Don't bring this topic up again, I am really fed up with it.

Reactions: PRANIT01

txlonghorn

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Mate, the issue isn't about how easy or hard it's to land on a DS/DA position. Neither I claim that one must have a credential in DA/DS in order to land on relevant positions. Thank your for putting forward your opinion though.
Maybe unintentional(?) but this last bit here is what came off as snarky. I work in the DS practice at a large consulting firm and I agree with most of what @mushymush said. He/she was actually trying to help & educate you.

I thought we were friends((Although some might think that I should say you are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt in response to your calling me 'snarky bitch' but no, I strongly disagree with that.)
Either say what you want to say or be gracious enough to actually let it go. This is neither.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
@tapperb @ImpatientKangaroo @wonderbly @RSub
Guys I really appreciate all your comments...Much better than a lawyer.
So first of all, why I am not going for a 2nd Master: Almost all Masters in business-management related fields require a GMAT of at least 550-600+, considering my math background, there is 0% possibility I can ever make that unless I study and prepare for the exams for at least 2-3 years.
Now, I guess I have somehow a weird case. I got the financial support from the employer to do a degree abroad, however not qualified for a Master's admission (My current MBA did not have a GMAT requirement as it is from a considerably average school)
I guess some of you mentioned that Langara college is not that reputable either. I totally agree, but considering my academic background, first of all, I can not go for Canadian universities as I am not qualified to get admission. Secondly, having a degree from "Canada" (or basically all other English speaking countries) does give me an automatic boost in terms of my education's reputation...So yeah Langara College may not be a high ranked institute, but in my country they won't consider Langara College, they will consider the fact that I have a degree from "Canada" :) Sounds wiered but that is how it works here...I know others who have a degree from XYZ university in some European country and they are already considered a God in their workplace

Now, I get some sort of mixed answers. @ImpatientKangaroo does believe that it is more about how you prove that you will get back home once you are done with your degree, while others are mostly saying that simply because I am going for a "lower level" of degree, I will be rejected a visa.

So may I ask for a final opionion of you guys? In my thought, the visa officer mostly emphasize on how likely you are to return back to your country once your visa is over. Now, I have an employer who is planning to open an office in Germany and appoint me as the overseas marketing manager. I am under 30, and have lived 8 years abroad (since I was 16) before returning back home. Considering all these facts:
1: Shall I utilize this chance to study in Canada, as employer is ready to sponsor?
2: If you guys think the visa would most probabely be rejected, what are the chances to take the decision to the court afterwards?
Or you just simply recommend me to ignore this chance I have to earn a degree from Canada...Maybe consider another English speaking destination (if I can find anything as affordable as Canada among English speaking)

Thanks everyone again! My post is just too long, I hope others find my questions helpful too if there are people in similar situation as mine.
My advice to you, @Pasha1 and anyone else thinking of going the study route is to spend time in the "International Students" forum. Read old posts from 2020 onwards (cos lots of things changed from then onwards). Learn from the mistakes of others and see how to put together the best study permit application.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I am wondering if anyone is in the situation or have heard anything about it?
I am currently a doctorate student (3rd Year) in Canada. I have my graduate degree ( MSC) also from Canada.
I am also working as a consultant with one of the reputed organization ( approx. 20 hrs./week). Now they are offering me a full-time job. Salary is good.. This position is not very common and i am myself very interested in the position.

Problem is i am international student and can't work full time. I had applied for PR in 2020 as FSW but like all i haven't heard anything. I still have one week whether to accept / reject the post. As a full time student i can take a break, but cannot work in work permit. Anyone has any idea what to do.
There's nothing you can do. You cannot work full time on a study permit. You have to wait for your PR to be approved before you can take on FT.
I'm in a similar position - I have 3 FT job offers that I cannot take until my PR comes out. This is the main reason why I am now anxious for my PR approval to come asap.