Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Germany is the best place for phd it is like a full time job ,PhD in EU Is million times better than US.
I doubt it, bro. Germany for Engineering? Yes. But the US stands out. With a Ph.D. in Environmental Chemistry or shit, the Guy would be working as Research Scientist at a Fortune 100 company with a pretty fat ass package. Worst case, he could end up as an assistant professor in a tier 2 college, has his own lab, and get a lot of funding. It is easy to have your own lab in small Universities in small cities than the likes of Ivy Leagues or tier 1 shits. A private lab means a lot of funding, less work, and you are your boss. Working in a university, he could qualify for EB1 GC (Outstanding Professors & Researchers). Quick as shit for even Indians.

Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
One thing i feel better about brexit is the under age-girls who are reaching london via traffickers have gone down. most of them have been saved by the british police and some of them have been sent back after getting ID on them. The days of soviet union and shits ruined everything for them, and one of it's effects in this era is such girls reaching the UK.
One reason why i wanted to live somewhere with comparatively less population. More the population more the demand for such things, so more we will see around

Reactions: fswinlander

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I doubt it, bro. Germany for Engineering? Yes. But the US stands out. With a Ph.D. in Environmental Chemistry or shit, the Guy would be working as Research Scientist at a Fortune 100 company with a pretty fat ass package. Worst case, he could end up as an assistant professor in a tier 2 college, has his own lab, and get a lot of funding. It is easy to have your own lab in small Universities in small cities than the likes of Ivy Leagues or tier 1 shits. A private lab means a lot of funding, less work, and you are your boss. Working in a university, he could qualify for EB1 GC (Outstanding Professors & Researchers). Quick as shit for even Indians.
Maybe studying Ph.D. in Canada can get you PR faster than Express Entry.

• Haha
Reactions: RSub

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Can I apply for BOWP if I am in Canada but I am on visitor record (since my PGWP would be expired by the time I receive an invitation, when and if)

follow-up q: Isn't it better to just apply for a WP extension now and wait for an invitation and then attach the AOR to the WP application since we'd be in implied status anyway and IRCC taking a shit load of time to process new WP applications? At least this way we can work without having to stop completely.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Way to help fuck someone's own life lol.

With a Ph.D. in Environmental Chemistry or shit, the Guy would be working as Research Scientist at a Fortune 100 company with a pretty fat ass package.
Nope. PhDs are a dime a dozen, especially in NA. They're almost always "overqualified" since they lack industry experience due to the long duration of North American PhDs. Being a foreigner doesn't make it any easier too.

Worst case, he could end up as an assistant professor in a tier 2 college, has his own lab, and get a lot of funding.
Only 25% of PhDs get employed in academia because there are too many PhDs.

It is easy to have your own lab in small Universities in small cities
Nope, see above. So many PhDs, you'll always have competition.

Working in a university, he could qualify for EB1 GC (Outstanding Professors & Researchers). Quick as shit for even Indians.
Yeah you get your PR via EB1 if you can find a faculty job but that's a big if. Even if you land a tenure track position the stress will probably give you cancer before you qualify for PR.

Rules for getting the best out of a PhD:

0. You're fucked if you want an academic career and nobody can help you.

1. Go to EU and find an industrial PhD where you work in the office of a large industrial sponsor. Guaranteed employment as soon as you graduate. EU PhDs take 3 years to complete whereas NA PhDs take 4+ years.

2. Only go to the US for PhD if your PhD is on something that has an industry in the US or EU. Also know that many employers won't want to employ you because you're "overqualified" (means there are 25 year olds with more experience than you do). However, if you can find a supervisor with strong industry connections and network, definitely do PhD in the US.

3. Don't do PhD in Canada. It's a complete waste of time. Takes as long as a US PhD and there are no jobs afterwards. Canada doesn't need PhDs. You might find a job somewhere else with that PhD but why not go get that PhD in that place in the first place?

No employer ever will be amazed by your PhD. The main goal of PhD is not to become "Doctor", but to build a strong professional network. In most cases of NA PhDs you'll be a lab rat and make zero connections in 4+ years. If your supervisor is very active in terms of industry networking and also allows you to build your own network during your studies then a US PhD is the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Can I apply for BOWP if I am in Canada but I am on visitor record (since my PGWP would be expired by the time I receive an invitation, when and if)

follow-up q: Isn't it better to just apply for a WP extension now and wait for an invitation and then attach the AOR to the WP application since we'd be in implied status anyway and IRCC taking a shit load of time to process new WP applications? At least this way we can work without having to stop completely.
I believe only someone with AOR or R10 completed can apply for BOWP
WP extension would be a better option.
I am not inland and never been to canada but so far from the information i read on IRCC website i responded.
Let's see someone else pops up with a good plan for you
@EscoBlades @Naturgrl @scylla @cansha @tapperb Please check OP's query

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Way to help fuck someone's own life lol.

Nope. PhDs are a dime a dozen, especially in NA. They're almost always "overqualified" since they lack industry experience due to the long duration of North American PhDs. Being a foreigner doesn't make it any easier too.

Only 25% of PhDs get employed in academia because there are too many PhDs.

Nope, see above. So many PhDs, you'll always have competition.

Yeah you get your PR via EB1 if you can find a faculty job but that's a big if. Even if you land a tenure track position the stress will probably give you cancer before you qualify for PR.

Rules for getting the best out of a PhD:

0. You're fucked if you want an academic career and nobody can help you.

1. Go to EU and find an industrial PhD where you work in the office of a large industrial sponsor. Guaranteed employment as soon as you graduate. EU PhDs take 3 years to complete whereas NA PhDs take 4+ years.

2. Only go to the US for PhD if your PhD is on something that has an industry in the US or EU. Also know that many employers won't want to employ you because you're "overqualified" (means there are 25 year olds with more experience than you do). However, if you can find a supervisor with strong industry connections and network, definitely do PhD in the US.

3. Don't do PhD in Canada. It's a complete waste of time. Takes as long as a US PhD and there are no jobs afterwards. Canada doesn't need PhDs. You might find a job somewhere else with that PhD but why not go get that PhD in that place in the first place?

No employer ever will be amazed by your PhD. The main goal of PhD is not become "Doctor", but to build a strong professional network. In most cases of NA PhDs you'll be a lab rat and make zero connections in 4+ years. If your supervisor is very active in terms of industry networking and also allows you to build your own network during your studies than a US PhD is the best.
I think exception is Computer Science/Data Science/Machine Learning/AI PhD

wierdaf

Jan 23, 2022
Quick question, whenever I reach Canada, and if I do, I wanna run for PM, how's this for my campaign, 'I pay taxes'. Genuine advise guys.

If that doesn't work, my backup is to make a change.org petition and hope that the Queen reads my sob story and my IELTS level 3 English appeal and make me the PM without elections, because I contributed to the economy so that I can keep serving the country.

wierdaf

Jan 23, 2022
My cabinet will consist of Kamali, holthe, that rad new character from the red fm interview of Sean Fraser and exclusively high skilled grads from Lambda, Humber, Centennial and other highly competitive institutions. none of that low-balling universities like Oxford and Harvard or any other institution that is not a community college in Canada.

Maybe.Moving

Oct 20, 2021
Let me be blunt. In Canada, the biggest advantage as an immigrant you have is that you quickly grow as a community that is large enough to start mattering politically. It will not and will never happen in USA. The net impact is that you start getting policies and representatives that are for you. More importantly, Canada tolerates that. Another thing that will NEVER happen in USA. If you want to be involved politically in USA, you have to bend to fit their narrative. Canada accommodates immigrants narrative to a much larger degree. I can NEVER imagine an indian origin person to be EVER secretary of defence in USA. I can expect an Indian-origin or Iranian-origin defence minister in Canada. Ergo, I never expect a visible minority like Sikhs in Canada to be kept in mass detention centres like they did to Japanese in world war 2. USA, is always one or two steps away from declaring minorities and immigrants a national security risk and there is a major appetite for violence and systematic oppression of minorities in USA -- both in public and in government.

US is basically a genocidal country which is barely hiding its such tendencies. They love violence and they love killing those who do not look or think like them. Living in USA is an occupational hazard. One should not make it a life long thing.
While I completely understand what types of behaviors inform your views of the US, and I agree with some of it, I have to respectfully disagree with the second half of your argument. Yes, there are those who pander to racism and xenophobia, and glorify violence and war. However, this is not representative of the United States as a whole.

Speaking of detention camps, Canada also detained, deported, or even injured Japanese-Canadians during WWII, under the War Measures Act. Between 85-90 percent of the Japanese-Canadians were detained, this amounts to over 20,000 Japanese Canadians. As for politicians who are immigrants or descendants of those with immigrant background, this is not just conceivable in the US, it is possible: Ilhan Omar (refugee and now Congresswoman), Barak Obama (President and father Kenyan), Kamala Harris (Vice-President and from a Indian-Jamaican background), Marco Rubio (Cuban background), Andre Carson (Muslim Rep and heads intelligence). Yes, the US does have issues that need to be addressed but to portray the US as a ignorant place where minorities are a constant target is incorrect.

hsiddd

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
Do you have a PhD already or do you want to obtain one? If you want to get PhD as people have said before go to USA. Much better opportunities and with PhD you still have a shot at GC even if you are an Indian citizen.
I have a PhD from USA, University of Florida. Was asking about career options in Canada.

hsiddd

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
If you wanna do a Ph.D., go to the US. You will get tuition-free (most colleges), a monthly stipend($1000 to $2000), and a pathway to GC through NIE EB2 or EB1. And you will earn a lot of money in the US.
I actually did my PhD in USA. Inquiring about career in Canada.

Reactions: RSub

IncredibleCanada

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
Quick question, whenever I reach Canada, and if I do, I wanna run for PM, how's this for my campaign, 'I pay taxes'. Genuine advise guys.

If that doesn't work, my backup is to make a change.org petition and hope that the Queen reads my sob story and my IELTS level 3 English appeal and make me the PM without elections, because I contributed to the economy so that I can keep serving the country.
:D . Ministers forecast Development project to win election, but wonder where money come from??? Taxes.. So "tax" is the focal point.