Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Did anyone watch this? Did he have anything mindblowing to say?
Holthe believes that the applications will not be canceled because situation right now is different from last time. As of now, expect no draw until 2020 of July as per the memo. But things could change in three weeks when Fraser will come up with new immigration target and other things related to immigration.
$85 million was spent on recruiting people to improve processing times and so expect processing times to improve. He basically talked about each line of the memo. Nothing interesting but will have to wait for 3 weeks for some direction.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Express Entry: Canada breaks PNP draw record again

In the first two draws of the year, IRCC has only invited PNP candidates to apply for Canadian immigration.

Canada held a new Express Entry draw on January 19, inviting 1,036 immigration candidates to apply for permanent residence.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) only invited Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) candidates. For this reason, the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score cutoff was 745. PNP candidates get an automatic 600 points added to their score when they receive their nomination, which is why the score seems high.

All Express Entry draws since September have been for PNP candidates only. The last time Canadian Experience Class (CEC) candidates were invited was September 14.

So far in 2022, IRCC has invited 1,428 PNP candidates in total under Express Entry. Generally speaking, the CRS cut-off has been in the 700-800 range during the last 10 PNP-specific EE draws. Today’s cut-off of 745 was lower than the 808 CRS requirement for the first draw of this year on January 5.

FSWP and CEC candidates make up almost entire Express Entry pool
As of January 4, there are about 194,000 Express Entry candidates in the pool. About 80% of these candidates are eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), and nearly 20% are eligible for the CEC. These numbers are rounded, but the difference makes up the number of candidates eligible for other programs like the PNP and the Federal Skilled Trades Program.

IRCC has not invited FSWP candidates to apply for permanent residence since December 2020. Before the pandemic, FSWP candidates were by far the most commonly invited. About 45% of all Express Entry invitations went to FSWP candidates in 2019. But since FSWP candidates have not had the chance to apply for more than a year, the pool has filled up.

The number of CEC candidates in the pool has also dramatically increased since September. Currently, they make up nearly 20% of the pool, whereas six months before they made up about 6%. That was in June when IRCC was holding large CEC draws inviting 6,000 candidates to apply at a time.

An internal memo from September suggests that IRCC paused CEC draws to help reduce application backlogs and get Express Entry processing back down to six months. In 2020, the average processing time for Express Entry candidates was up to nine months.

Although IRCC managed to ramp up processing to more than 45,000 applications per month toward the end of the year, the backlog in immigration applications also climbed by 21,000 applications between October and December. In that time, the Express Entry backlog went down from a backlog of 138,000 to 119,000. Most of the progress was driven by a reduction in CEC application backlogs, which went down from about 48,000 in October to 25,000 in December. The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) backlog also went down from 931 in October to 805 in December.

The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) backlog increased by about 4,000 applications between October and December, from about 51,000 to about 55,000. The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) backlog also increased by about 1,000 applications to 39,000 in December.

Express Entry application backlog

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
None of those clowns ever have anything worthwhile to say
He is saying this :

1. Sky is falling (he said that literally).
2. I will meet with Sean Fraser tomorrow because I am Teh R0x0r!
3. Do not have any hope of draws before July, you plebs!
4. HEC is a reality! Take that CEC! Or FSW!
5. PNP MASTER RACE!
6. Canada owes you all MUFFINS!

So I took this one for the team but as expected, the clown have not said anything worthwhile.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
I don’t get it though. Pre pandemic there was never this catering for low CRS CEC or TR that didn’t qualify. Now I see several people saying something needs to be done for those whose WP will expire. I understand the logical thing would be to renew WP until draws resume, but there is no logic in catering for those whose score doesn’t make the cut while inland. That’s how it always happened. Now because of a exception, people expect it to become the rule? I’m seeing lawyers saying in Twitter IRCC needs to do something for CEC that can’t meet the CRS cap due to age/language/experience. Well, that’s how it’s always been… of course I don’t doubt this government will cave and give out more freebies, but it’s kinda pathetic the outcry from inland pushing for the program to accommodate around them because they can’t meet the cut.
Well, that’s how it’s always been… of course I don’t doubt this government will cave and give out more freebies, but it’s kinda pathetic the outcry from inland pushing for the program to accommodate around them because they can’t meet the cut.
Exactly right. I think we should be more vocal about this point. The more people are talking about this the more ridiculous it seems for the lawyer's argument. -- they are after all, cec sympathetics.

Reactions: Alysson

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Can someone explain how this is possible? There haven't been any draws in ages. What's contributing to the increase?

When a mommy loves a daddy a lot, sometimes they get together and an accompanying or a dependent applicant is born.

Last edited:

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I don’t get it though. Pre pandemic there was never this catering for low CRS CEC or TR that didn’t qualify. Now I see several people saying something needs to be done for those whose WP will expire. I understand the logical thing would be to renew WP until draws resume, but there is no logic in catering for those whose score doesn’t make the cut while inland. That’s how it always happened. Now because of a exception, people expect it to become the rule? I’m seeing lawyers saying in Twitter IRCC needs to do something for CEC that can’t meet the CRS cap due to age/language/experience. Well, that’s how it’s always been… of course I don’t doubt this government will cave and give out more freebies, but it’s kinda pathetic the outcry from inland pushing for the program to accommodate around them because they can’t meet the cut.
As the saying goes, “you give them an inch, they will take a mile”

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
TRPR is designed only to support specific NOC's and has nothing to do with a huge part of CEC applicants. I understand that the OWP of PGWP may be extended, but all closed WP is going to screw up. On top of that, most CEC's are lowballs between 350-420 and everybody knows that. All in all, no chance for CEC's this year too, but only to leave the country which is very unfortunate end of the route for them.
It looks like they have enough new people coming, so nobody care.
Pnp is always an option. They can also try to make an effort and improve their scores so they qualify when the cec draws resume

Reactions: hello2020

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
He is saying this :

1. Sky is falling (he said that literally).
2. I will meet with Sean Fraser tomorrow because I am Teh R0x0r!
3. Do not have any hope of draws before July, you plebs!
4. HEC is a reality! Take that CEC! Or FSW!
5. PNP MASTER RACE!
6. Canada owes you all MUFFINS!

So I took this one for the team but as expected, the clown have not said anything worthwhile.
I applaud your leet speak!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

IncredibleCanada

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
So, the numbers presented there include dependants then.
I doubt. 55K eligible candidate profiles and not number of applicants. Having said 4,000 increase is still a mystery.

Following is commentary for candidates in Pool, it says "If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles" .

Provincial Nominee Program

Number of invitations issued:
1036Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 1036th or above

Date and time of round: January 19, 2022 at 14:39:22 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 745

Tie-breaking rule: July 05, 2021 at 13:12:05 UTC

If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.

==================

So candidates will be number of profile.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1006777

Here's the thing. If Holthe is meeting with Sean Fraser, he could very easily ask him SPECIFICALLY about FSW draws. Not CEC, not express entry, not any other umbrella term. Specifically FSW. He knows this has been a pain point for almost 2 years with the lack of transparency and uncertainty.

But he won't. He will not bring it up, and he will not ask for clarity. And I refuse to believe this is because of incompetence. He's a very capable guy, and has very clear reasons not to ask for clarification regarding FSW draws. We will NOT be getting any useful updates in 3 weeks or whenever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dankboi