+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I am Nigerian and I do not believe this is offensive.

To anyone who thinks it is, Isn't my country a third world country?
Thanks for understanding it was not meant to be insulting in the least.

I come from a third world country myself, in Africa no less, so I know how hard it is to get a visa to Canada. I'm sure the refusal rate is very high.

What i meant to say is, it's probably an overhyped issue, i.e. birth tourism from there. Not to say it doesn't happen, but if being able to visit as a tourist is already quite difficult, do you really expect this to be as big a problem as they're making it out to be?

Most of the people here are of a South Asian background, so maybe they don't know how high refusal rates are for African visitors and prospective students.

Reactions: klausmike

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I think its a bit weird how Canada takes tradition in politics so serious, because it feels like they are treating their role as a joke. Most of the traditions were there because a specific reason in the past that became redundant now.
That clown is probably thinking don't worry folks we will do it next year also when he again does snap election.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I mean, the UK and the US are the same, to name a few. Many countries have what seem like absurd traditions as part of their political theatre.

In this case, the tradition is a holdover from British rule anyway. Seems like a bit of levity before the serious business begins.
It’s just that there seems to be so much pressing issues. Ignoring immigration, they have BC flooding, supply chain issue, housing, vaccination. You wold think they might get to work at at least setting up government right away, but rather they give themselves a 2 month vacation, and then throw several tradition parties.

Reactions: klausmike

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
It’s just that there seems to be so much pressing issues. Ignoring immigration, they have BC flooding, supply chain issue, housing, vaccination. You wold think they might get to work at at least setting up government right away, but rather they give themselves a 2 month vacation, and then throw several tradition parties.
All work and no play :) :) . Not to say they have been working....

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Politics and public perception matters way more to politicians everywhere than their policy issues. They are here purely for the political power and lobbyists/special interests dictate policy really. All these policy disasters and issues will be forgotten in like 3 news cycles and they'll act like the opposition is responsible for all their policy failures when its time for the next election. Now they have just won an useless election during a pandemic, they want to have this political theater to celebrate lol.

Reactions: Alysson

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Canada xan have multiple pressingbissues but why do they have a dedicated minister for immigration? To focus on immigration only. He cannot blame BC floods or supply chain issue for his lack of vision.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Girls are damn pretty too
Wait, how do you know that? I realized it several times too. Whenever I happen to drive pass rural mid west, I go to a restaurant and most of the times I have encountered pretty woman. I have always wondered what they are doing here.

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Hi all,
I had a query regarding the submission of passports. In a hypothetical scenario where I am not in the country where my file is being processed and where I am expected to submit the passport(NDVO - India) after receiving a PPR (for example I am on an extended vacation to the US). Am I allowed to submit the passport in a US Visa Office or will I have to come back to India to submit it at NDVO?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi all,
I had a query regarding the submission of passports. In a hypothetical scenario where I am not in the country where my file is being processed and where I am expected to submit the passport(NDVO - India) after receiving a PPR (for example I am on an extended vacation to the US). Am I allowed to submit the passport in a US Visa Office or will I have to come back to India to submit it at NDVO?
When you move to a different country, you need to let IRCC know about it through a web form. Subsequently, your VO will be changed. If the move is temporary (like a vacation), you don't need to do anything. But you will have to submit your passports at the VO associated with the country you applied from.

Reactions: SaBong

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Hi all,
You need to follow the instructions on the PPR email. US applications are processed in a Canadian VO AFAIK (mostly Ottawa). The passport goes through mail so you can mail it to anywhere from anywhere. If you move to a different country, you'd need to update IRCC

Edit: Just learnt you can't mail an indian passport legally out of india lol. Suggest you contact IRCC if you move

Last edited:
Reactions: SaBong