+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
I was wondering if we could go for Upfront Medical Exam!
My medical has not been extended and I have not been contacted by IRCC to do my medical again. I know in all the forums and FB groups they're are advising not to go for upfront medical exam until asked by IRCC. But this question just made me think what if we do?
I am confused too now. I had even booked the re-medical and paid the fee. But then got advised not to go through with it on my own as it would only delay my application. I think i made a mistake now.

Reactions: Hajimuktar

imm2canadaordie

Nov 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Don't do it to unless IRCC asks for it.
So what about these rumours?

My understanding is as follows;

Purely outland files (ALL applicants in the application are outside Canada) are to be grouped into 3 categories.

If the International Network Office has the capacity to process COPRs and based on local conditions, then at the moment;

Group A (COPR will be valid for 6 months or more if issued) - Make Final Decision and issue COPR with travel restriction advisory letter.

Group B- (COPR will have 3 months or more validity if issued) Group applications but do not make Final Decision

Group C (less than 3 months) Group applications (separate from Group B) but do not make Final decision.

IF Travel restrictions have been lifted by September, then;

Group A- Same as above
Group B & C- Proceed to Final decision and issue documents. Reassess admissibility if less than 3 months.

There is also further guidance for December (maybe in case restrictions are not eased in September)

I think the COPR validity length is based on the expiration of medicals and other admissibility reviews. I.e your COPR cannot extend beyond how long your document assessments are valid for. That would be a factor in the groupings.
You think repassing medicals before they are requested won't affect or speed up the outcome?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Woke up and found an email from the IRCC, got excited for a second, only to find out its a questionnaire invitation...
I haven't received this survey.. Is this targeted for a specific program?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
So what about these rumours?

You think repassing medicals before they are requested won't affect or speed up the outcome?
It wont because you cannot be sure if IRCC wants to extend medicals or ask for re-meds so better to do nothing and wait for an update. Even if you do a medical exam and submit via webform, some VO has to manually check and pass it again, who knows when that will happen.

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

janaor2021

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2021
It wont because you cannot be sure if IRCC wants to extend medicals or ask for re-meds so better to do nothing and wait for an update. Even if you do a medical exam and submit via webform, some VO has to manually check and pass it again, who knows when that will happen.
Also, I believe IRCC has clearly stated in the past to only do the re-meds after they have requested for it.

Aminbedai

Aug 5, 2021
Hello..please advice.. my crs score is 477.. as there is no fsw draws i am thinking about reducing it to 463 (by removing my partner's ielts) because i am eligible for oinp french speakers stream..what do you think guys? I am sire even if fsw will resume forst draws score will be high

impjf2005

Jul 27, 2021
CHINA
Category........
FSW
Hello..please advice.. my crs score is 477.. as there is no fsw draws i am thinking about reducing it to 463 (by removing my partner's ielts) because i am eligible for oinp french speakers stream..what do you think guys? I am sire even if fsw will resume forst draws score will be high
I am in the same boat with you, my crs is 493, and I am eligible for the OINP tech draw, thinking about decrease some score to match that range.

hamhk202

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Hi . Why do you want to decrease your score?

Ak1664

Star Member
Jun 25, 2021
From LegalFalcon's posts on Facebook, is it the case that we can only expect FSW draws post September 7th (if the case count or death count is sufficiently low)?

Reactions: Jaycejay

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
From LegalFalcon's posts on Facebook, is it the case that we can only expect FSW draws post September 7th (if the case count or death count is sufficiently low)?
That’s indeed the expectation. It seems the June 21 announcement was basically meant for those who already had existing valid COPRs and didn’t necessary entail that more COPRs would be issued.

According to LegalFalcon, ‘’There is no category such as "outland pr applicants." All PR applicants fall under foreign nationals. Any rules that apply for foreign travellers/nationals also applies to "outland pr applicants."

This is probably why we have to wait till foreigner travelers are allowed into the country to see significant progress in application processing and finalizing and conducting of general draws

Reactions: Tristan-XI