lingo said:
Dear johnny 31,

Good Day.

I have taken the IELTS last Oct 18, 2014 and my results are:

Listening 8
Reading 7
Writing 6.5
Speaking 8

Can you help pls tell me my total points or the equivalent of this.

Thank you very much.
You fall in clb8 which means 20 point dont expect more. If anyone says its more hez wrong.. im sure 100 percent. for clb 9 means 24 point u just fell short by .5 band in writing bad luck. If also hd given test on 18 and got L. 7 R. 7, S 6.5, W 6 so my points are all 16 and not more..

zaigham_ali

Nov 2, 2014
ahmed5 said:
L-7 = 4 points
R -7 = 6 points
S-6.5 = 5 points
W-6.5= 5 points

total is 20 points .
This is absolutely wrong. Please dont calculate wrong points it will be only problem for your application. Plz make sure to get all the required bands in abilities in clb to qualify for clb8 u need to hv L 7.5 R 6.5 S 6.5 AND W 6.5 LOWER IN ANY ABILITY WILL DECREASE UR CLB to clb7 even if only 1 ability fell short..

zaigham_ali

Nov 2, 2014
shahbaz_saif said:
Hi All,

I need 21 points more to qualify for 67 points -FSW Program.

my ILETS SCORE are-

Listening: 6.5
Reading: 5.5
Writing: 6.0
Speaking: 7.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall: 6.5

Can anyone please tell me what exactly I score in terms of points?

----ANY ALTERNATIVES OTHER THAN IELTS SCORE--- IF I COMPLETE FRENCH CERTIFICATION FROM ALLIANCE WILL I GET THAT 5 POINTS EXTRA???

PLS ADVICE
Dear friend
i am afraid but u need to give ielts again ur score is v low to get evwn qualified min6 band in each ability is reqd. Alternative r there plz contact me on my email
Zaighamaliladak@gmail.com i will guide u with my experience

th001

Nov 2, 2014
Took the IELTS exam and I got
L:7
R:7
W:6
S:7
Over All: 7

How many points could I get?

I was advised to retake the exam because I lacked 2 more points to acquire 67 points.
I wonder if I will get 7 in writing this time but lower in other parts would they still consider my first score in L.R.S. parts? or I need to maintain 7 in all parts once I retake?

Thanks

zaigham_ali

Nov 2, 2014
th001 said:

I was advised to retake the exam because I lacked 2 more points to acquire 67 points.
I wonder if I will get 7 in writing this time but lower in other parts would they still consider my first score in L.R.S. parts? or I need to maintain 7 in all parts once I retake?

Thanks
Dear friend
currently u r eligible for 16 points only.. bcos u fall in clb 7 to get 5 points per ability u need to retake ielts and shud fall in clb8 which is 6.5 each ability and 7.5 in listening..

zaigham_ali

Nov 2, 2014
TalzKhan said:
Hi All,

Just a quick one, my wife is the Primary applicant and on IELTS she has scored as below

Primary Applicant

Listening 6.0 -----> 4 points
Reading 6.0 -----> 4 Points
Writing 6.5 -----> 5 Points
Speaking 8.0 -----> 6 Points

Total points acquired - 19 points (hope the calculations as per CIC its correct)

As a second applicant i too gave the IELTS to acquire additional 5 points

Listening 6.0 ----> 4 points
Reading 7.0 ----> 6 points
Writing 7.0 ----> 6 points
Speaking 8.0 -----> 6 points
Total Points - 24 Points

Now my question is if i have gotten better points than the primary applicant do i still get 5 points for this or does it increase our points together?
Dear
ur calculation is not correct ur wife will get 16 points only.. ur wife fall in clb7. Plz dont calcilate all clb seperate. It will distract u and might lead to rejection of ur application. If u meed more clarification plz contact zaighamaliladak@gmail.com

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
th001 said:

Thanks
L:7 = 4 points
R:7 = 6 points
W:6 = 4 points
S:7 = 6 points

Total = 20 points

Sources:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

This is the correct calculation - the other score provided by other member would be incorrect

Good Luck!

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lingo said:
Dear johnny 31,

Good Day.

I have taken the IELTS last Oct 18, 2014 and my results are:

Listening 8
Reading 7
Writing 6.5
Speaking 8

Can you help pls tell me my total points or the equivalent of this.

Thank you very much.
Hi Sir,

Listening 8 = 6 points
Reading 7 = 6 points
Writing 6.5 = 5 points
Speaking 8 = 6 points

Total = 23 points

Great Score!

Best of Luck!

Sources:

zaigham_ali

Nov 2, 2014
Johnny31 said:
Hi Sir,

Listening 8 = 6 points
Reading 7 = 6 points
Writing 6.5 = 5 points
Speaking 8 = 6 points

Total = 23
Dear johny
ur calculation not correct.. plz dont misguide peoples. The Canadian language page clearly shows that for attaining clb7 u shud hv 6 band in each ability. And for clb8 u shud hv 6.5 each with listening 7.5 and finally over 6.5 each and over 7.5 in listening is clb 9 is 6 point per ability. Plz read carefully the page from cic. Plz dont misguide peoples..

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zaigham_ali said:
Dear johny
ur calculation not correct.. plz dont misguide peoples. The Canadian language page clearly shows that for attaining clb7 u shud hv 6 band in each ability. And for clb8 u shud hv 6.5 each with listening 7.5 and finally over 6.5 each and over 7.5 in listening is clb 9 is 6 point per ability. Plz read carefully the page from cic. Plz dont misguide peoples..
YOU are incorrect - if you don't know what you are talking about - stop giving people false information while accusing others of doing so.

*The four sections are calculated individually and not as a group.

Call CIC and check with them to see who is right or wrong

READ THIS before you start typing again:

http://www.fsw2014.info/ielts-calculator/

P.S. - Please spell everything correctly before you press "post"

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To Zaigham_ali -

Don't message me this privately:

"Dear johny
ur calculation not correct.. plz dont misguide peoples. The Canadian language page clearly shows that for attaining clb7 u shud hv 6 band in each ability. And for clb8 u shud hv 6.5 each with listening 7.5 and finally over 6.5 each and over 7.5 in listening is clb 9 is 6 point per ability. Plz read carefully the page from cic. Plz dont misguide peoples.. if it would be all seperate calculation why cic will make a chart with all clb levels. Plz reconfirm fm embassy as i hv already did that.."

What embassy did you call? I doubt embassies give advices about FSW/IELTS point conversions

You should read through this forum instead of trusting yourself so much - you are 100% wrong on this.

I don't care if you want to calculate your own scores incorrectly - just don't ruin other people's applications with your wrong information.

gmail04

Jan 10, 2013
Johnny31 said:
To Zaigham_ali -

Don't message me this privately:

"Dear johny
ur calculation not correct.. plz dont misguide peoples. The Canadian language page clearly shows that for attaining clb7 u shud hv 6 band in each ability. And for clb8 u shud hv 6.5 each with listening 7.5 and finally over 6.5 each and over 7.5 in listening is clb 9 is 6 point per ability. Plz read carefully the page from cic. Plz dont misguide peoples.. if it would be all seperate calculation why cic will make a chart with all clb levels. Plz reconfirm fm embassy as i hv already did that.."

What embassy did you call? I doubt embassies give advices about FSW/IELTS point conversions

You should read through this forum instead of trusting yourself so much - you are 100% wrong on this.

I don't care if you want to calculate your own scores incorrectly - just don't ruin other people's applications with your wrong information.
Agreed!

gmail04

Jan 10, 2013
zaigham_ali said:
Dear johny
Actually you are wrong........johnny31 is correct about the calculation

gmail04

Jan 10, 2013
th001 said:

Thanks
20pts! good luck!

rfnadeem

Oct 29, 2014
Sir,
I did IELTS and My wife too .the score of my wife is Listening 7, Speaking 7, Reading 5.5,writing6.5 Overall Average=6.5 we want to apply for NOC 4214 Early Child Hood educator ...are we eligible for the apply. i am very upset as you know the time is very short for

Please reply me as early as possible thank you very much