Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
yelena said:
Thanks EEcanvan :) good to have you back !

I do hope to see some movement by the end of the month... I need to have some idea what is going on with my application by the end of december at the latest..
If I get penalised for adding my spouse ( with him I have less point that draw score), I am planning to apply for PNP Qubeck in january. So I kind of need to know what is going on by that time.

As usual, my luck let me down..

i havent written it yet, but since I have nothing better to do anyway., I might as well write it now.

I applied alone, without my spouse and my children because the ongoing legal custudy battle for on of my children was not finished ( I was officially started begining of 2015, but was going on for the last 7 years really), so I didn't have the necessary legal approval that would enable me to take him with us., hence, I excluded everyone and decided to go alone.

here is the funny ( unlucky bit): cic specifically says that our point will not be taken away if the situtation (addition of family memebers, after the legal custudy process has finished) happened AFTER eAPR. If it happens BEFORE eAPR, it must be taken into account and point must be taken away.
here it goes: the high court made the decision and finalised our custudy battle on the exact same day as I submitted my eAPR , , not before, and not after, but on the exact same day.
What do you think? can there be more unlucky coincidance than this? I found out about this a month after I submitted my application, as the higher court makes the judgement in a closed session, and sends its verdict to the first instance court once it is done ., first instance court than sends the verdict to both parties.

to think that this has been going on for sooo many years, and that to be finallised on this date, makes me wanna :-\ :-\

I think it will come down to the officer that makes the decision because he can go ether way, this is the official grey area! one positive thing is that my AOR came in the morning about 7:50something EST , so if they go by this, it is clear that the judgement was made after the official start of the working hours

man.. my application is complicated from day one, I even had a lawyer in canada take a look at it, and he just commented: wow, this is complicated 8)
Oh wow, talk about grey areas! We're allll rooting for you Yelena... Hopefully the CIC agent handling your case will be a pleasant easy-going person and will choose to push you through to PPR without having to go through Quebec PNP... I too have a very grey area situation where I put a sub-optimal NOC code (technically and without beating around the bush, I put in the wrong one), but I have chosen to stick with the weak flames of hope, rather than cancel my application and re-enter the pool... Sure, if I get rejected it'll suck the first couple of days, but I'm sure in the grand scheme of things, it'll all work out just fine. In that worst case scenario, I'll be able to get another ITA quickly, and you'll be able to secure a PNP as well... but let's stay hopeful that we both will be 'grey area' survivors! I mean why not! :)

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
Oh wow, talk about grey areas! We're allll rooting for you Yelena... Hopefully the CIC agent handling your case will be a pleasant easy-going person and will choose to push you through to PPR without having to go through Quebec PNP... I too have a very grey area situation where I put a sub-optimal NOC code (technically and without beating around the bush, I put in the wrong one), but I have chosen to stick with the weak flames of hope, rather than cancel my application and re-enter the pool... Sure, if I get rejected it'll suck the first couple of days, but I'm sure in the grand scheme of things, it'll all work out just fine. In that worst case scenario, I'll be able to get another ITA quickly, and you'll be able to secure a PNP as well... but let's stay hopeful that we both will be 'grey area' survivors! I mean why not! :)
Yes i remember you said you put in the wrong noc ...
i hope we will both make it with this application! I would rather not live in Quebec :'(

But even if I have to, it will be better than hear..at least I will hava a very good reason to learn french lol ;)

glen222

Nov 4, 2015
yelena said:
Yes i remember you said you put in the wrong noc ...
i hope we will both make it with this application! I would rather not live in Quebec :'(

But even if I have to, it will be better than hear..at least I will hava a very good reason to learn french lol ;)
hey my bg check went in process few days ago? what all do they check in bgcheck any idea?

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
yelena said:
Thanks EEcanvan :) good to have you back !

I do hope to see some movement by the end of the month... I need to have some idea what is going on with my application by the end of december at the latest..
If I get penalised for adding my spouse ( with him I have less point that draw score), I am planning to apply for PNP Qubeck in january. So I kind of need to know what is going on by that time.

As usual, my luck let me down..

i havent written it yet, but since I have nothing better to do anyway., I might as well write it now.

I applied alone, without my spouse and my children because the ongoing legal custudy battle for on of my children was not finished ( I was officially started begining of 2015, but was going on for the last 7 years really), so I didn't have the necessary legal approval that would enable me to take him with us., hence, I excluded everyone and decided to go alone.

here is the funny ( unlucky bit): cic specifically says that our point will not be taken away if the situtation (addition of family memebers, after the legal custudy process has finished) happened AFTER eAPR. If it happens BEFORE eAPR, it must be taken into account and point must be taken away.
here it goes: the high court made the decision and finalised our custudy battle on the exact same day as I submitted my eAPR , , not before, and not after, but on the exact same day.
What do you think? can there be more unlucky coincidance than this? I found out about this a month after I submitted my application, as the higher court makes the judgement in a closed session, and sends its verdict to the first instance court once it is done ., first instance court than sends the verdict to both parties.

to think that this has been going on for sooo many years, and that to be finallised on this date, makes me wanna :-\ :-\

I think it will come down to the officer that makes the decision because he can go ether way, this is the official grey area! one positive thing is that my AOR came in the morning about 7:50something EST , so if they go by this, it is clear that the judgement was made after the official start of the working hours

man.. my application is complicated from day one, I even had a lawyer in canada take a look at it, and he just commented: wow, this is complicated 8)
Like your lawyer said, it is indeed "Wow". But like tomneversfield said, we are all with you mate. Be postive. Hopefully, your application will be a processed by good natured CIC officer. You will definitely get good news soon :)

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishalv said:
Like your lawyer said, it is indeed "Wow". But like tomneversfield said, we are all with you mate. Be postive. Hopefully, your application will be a processed by good natured CIC officer. You will definitely get good news soon :)
thank you for the support :)

I am strangely optimistic today.. a lot of work, so not much time for negativity ;)

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
groundbirch said:
Yes, but there are also a lot of Nigerians who got PPR quicker than most other applicants. It's simply a trend not a rule.
Whoever said it was rule? I am saying i only know 3 nigerians who got fast tracked and it was simply because their application was processed at Accra and not Ottawa.

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
tomneversfield said:
Agreed... thanks groundbirch
Yeah ETE I never meant to say that all Nigerian residents will get fast tracked. I know a few Nigerians whose timelines are somewhat similar to the average FSW outlander (3-4 months for DM). However, I can tell you from my observation that a GOOD portion of those who get fast tracked come from Nigeria. Happy for them... and a little bit jealous too :)
Those who are fast tracked are done that way simply because their application is sent to Accra instead of Ottawa.
That aside i am glad to see movements in your application.
Also, please do add my details to the FSW Outland Sheet.

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
vikrantcanada said:
I just want to make clear that the backlog you are facing is not due to Syrian refugees as the Refugee department works totally different from the general immigration department. The VOs who work on refugee cases have different training and the general immigration VOs can't work on those cases. These delays depend on number o factors such as volume of application during that period, clearance of CIC inquires by your pervious country of residence, junior and senior VO working on your case and many more. The best thing about EE is that you are certainly going to get a DM within 6 months period, not like old CIC categories which use to take few years to process. So be positive your turn is next.
Are you sure about this? This article http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/refugees-non-syrian-1.3316467 suggested otherwise. :-/

jorgecmb

Jul 22, 2015
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
SPVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2016
Some (disturbing) quotes from the text Duskyblue brought us:

Denton explains that the same offices and staff abroad handle all the various immigrant application streams and are already overburdened with work and overwhelmed with applications. Canada takes in about a quarter-million immigrants each year. [...]

Even before the new government took office, the Syrian situation was affecting the whole immigration system, Denton says, including the timetable for processing applicants from elsewhere. And before Syria, "the delay was already there," he adds. [...]

Denton says his organization has heard from Citizenship and Immigration Canada's Central Processing Office in Winnipeg (CPOW) that they are currently giving priority to Syrian applications, followed by Iraqi applications, then to the others.

Don't know if it's true, but the increasing backlog is a fact...

cr_ramos07

Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Duskyblue said:
Are you sure about this? This article ...cbc.ca/news/politics/refugees-non-syrian-1.3316467 suggested otherwise. :-/
The article that you linked says that it could delay "non-Syrian refugees", and even so they say they are trying to avoid it. We are not refugees, and I have also heard many times that the departments are different and that I shouldn't worry, so I don't think we should be concerned about it at all.

Gabbana

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
07-10-2015
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
I don't mean to spam the thread. I posted this already at understanding gcms notes thread but I want to stick this note in FSW outland thread for future reference of all.

I got my GCMS notes already as of November 2, 2015.

As an applicant who paid RPRF upon request, per GCMS notes, it’s already COMPLETE.

The weird part is the ELIGIBILITY. Per Summary, my eligibility is not started. But if you run through the pages, I had 18 updates based on eligibility! The cycle goes like this: NOT STARTED, CALCULATION IN PROGRESS, PASSED-CANDIDATE. It was encoded by GCMS System & Siebel Administration.

So currently it’s not yet started as of Nov 1, but the last update saying PASSED is dated October 30. Moreover, it is evident in the pages of the notes that they indicated ELIGIBLE, COMPLETE and PASSED in the eligibility portion. Reason of cycle changes probably due to on-going review of application.

My application was viewed by so many visa officers. Thankfully, all of them stated that I passed. Probably they put the not started back due to next phase.

Due Date is NOVEMBER 30. So I should have an update by this time (or within the next 2 weeks?)

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Gabbana said:
I don't mean to spam the thread. I posted this already at understanding gcms notes thread but I want to stick this note in FSW outland thread for future reference of all.

I got my GCMS notes already as of November 2, 2015.

As an applicant who paid RPRF upon request, per GCMS notes, it’s already COMPLETE.

The weird part is the ELIGIBILITY. Per Summary, my eligibility is not started. But if you run through the pages, I had 18 updates based on eligibility! The cycle goes like this: NOT STARTED, CALCULATION IN PROGRESS, PASSED-CANDIDATE. It was encoded by GCMS System & Siebel Administration.

So currently it’s not yet started as of Nov 1, but the last update saying PASSED is dated October 30. Moreover, it is evident in the pages of the notes that they indicated ELIGIBLE, COMPLETE and PASSED in the eligibility portion. Reason of cycle changes probably due to on-going review of application.

My application was viewed by so many visa officers. Thankfully, all of them stated that I passed. Probably they put the not started back due to next phase.

Due Date is NOVEMBER 30. So I should have an update by this time (or within the next 2 weeks?)
Very interesting... and scary! Thanks for sharing.
You are the original poster, correct? Those were you GCMS? If so, any changes at all to your application? Did you BG check go into progress at least?
The fact that so many visa officers keep checking the application (to find loop holes) is very scary to me! As you may have read, I'm not comfortable at all with the NOC code I selected, so if one easy going agent accepts it, many others may flag it!! Man oh man, this thing is stressful indeed! haha

Gabbana

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
07-10-2015
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
tomneversfield said:
Very interesting... and scary! Thanks for sharing.
You are the original poster, correct? Those were you GCMS? If so, any changes at all to your application? Did you BG check go into progress at least?
The fact that so many visa officers keep checking the application (to find loop holes) is very scary to me! As you may have read, I'm not comfortable at all with the NOC code I selected, so if one easy going agent accepts it, many others may flag it!! Man oh man, this thing is stressful indeed! haha
Yes it's my own gcms notes.

BG CHECK NOT YET STARTED.

My due date is Nov 30 so I expect an update within this week.

Yes my application notes were scary! Different user ids per gcms were reviewing my file.

They have a cycle for the eligibility test.

More than 18 updates on my eligibility test!

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Gabbana said:
Yes it's my own gcms notes.

BG CHECK NOT YET STARTED.

My due date is Nov 30 so I expect an update within this week.

Yes my application notes were scary! Different user ids per gcms were reviewing my file.

They have a cycle for the eligibility test.

More than 18 updates on my eligibility test!
God help me! I think I'm gonna get sick! ;D :eek: :'(

Gabbana

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
07-10-2015
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
tomneversfield said:
God help me! I think I'm gonna get sick! ;D :eek: :'(
Relax! :D

I think they wouldn't start your bg check if your not eligible in the first place