FSW Outland - Let's connect here

groundbirch

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
Never been there, but not a bad idea :).. Tell u what, next August we can see where the majority of those interested in a reunion are.. If the majority is in the east, then cn tower.. If west then Calgary tower. Yeah?
Sounds like a great idea. I'm team West. ;)

jorgecmb

Jul 22, 2015
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
SPVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2016
New update: BG check in Progress!! Really happy to see my application getting some action this week. Hoping for the best!

Gabbana

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
07-10-2015
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
jorgecmb said:
New update: BG check in Progress!! Really happy to see my application getting some action this week. Hoping for the best!
This is definitely good news! Congrats in advance!

Gabbana

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
07-10-2015
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
tomneversfield said:
Never been there, but not a bad idea :).. Tell u what, next August we can see where the majority of those interested in a reunion are.. If the majority is in the east, then cn tower.. If west then Calgary tower. Yeah?
This is really a good idea. It can help to easily adjust to a new environment with new sets of friends.

I hope by August I'm already employed at CIC (not really sarcasm :p). Experiencing the pain of the process, I'll be more effective and efficient in doing their task at hand!

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
okbangaram said:
@tom

What is your opinion about the rate of PPRs being given out lately? It's been pretty quiet in the FSW thread as well as the Aug AOR thread. :-X
Yeah it looks like there's a bit of a backlog for PPR issuance being created. Possibly due to the fact that they're focusing most of their resources to aid Syrian refugees in dire need. As far as BG checks, honestly i don't see this slowing down. The bottle neck might be happening to the actual PPR issuance. July AOR's should have seen more PPR action in November than this. If the majority of August AOR's don't get PPR's by end of December, we'll know for sure that there's a growing backlog at the PPR stage for all applicants. I could be wrong of course, this is just my own opinion

willpower7

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
File Transfer...
10th March 2016 (NDVO)
Passport Req..
19th April 2016
Hey guys

I am an Aug 8th aor. Fsw outland. My background check hasnt started as yet, and its almost nearing 4months frm aor. Needed your advise on GCMS notes. Is it a good idea to order them at this stage.

Appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks.

chris*pro can

Nov 27, 2015
tomneversfield said:
Welcome to the group Chris. Did your background check go to "in progress" on mycic? This is usually the last stage, and it happens 2-5 weeks before DM. What is your country of residence?

Also do you mean they asked you for an updated POF document recently? Hopefully that's good news cuz it means they're working on your application. Right?
thanks tom....
yes BG is in progress..
country of residence is India..
POF was asked after RPRF...
its 2 week i have updated the last....
i also believe its slow now....

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
willpower7 said:
Hey guys

I am an Aug 8th aor. Fsw outland. My background check hasnt started as yet, and its almost nearing 4months frm aor. Needed your advise on GCMS notes. Is it a good idea to order them at this stage.

Appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks.
Hi willpower7, yeah your bg check is a little bit overdue by now.. hopefully nothing to worry about.. some applicants process a little slower than the average.. I personally would absolutely recommend you order your GCMS notes as soon as possible. It's good to know what notes they wrote about you and your background/eligibility, and it's quite cheap ($25-$40 if you'll order through 3rd party providers, like most of us). There's a strong theory that when you order GCMS notes, a chain reaction sort of starts and your application starts getting movement a few days later. Some people will say that the timing of those movements are just a coincidence and others will insist it's not a coincidence... either ways, you have nothing to lose really. Best of luck, and I hope your BG starts really soon (tomorrow or this Monday). What is your country of residence?

rj1jr

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
I personally would absolutely recommend you order your GCMS notes as soon as possible. It's good to know what notes they wrote about you and your background/eligibility, and it's quite cheap ($25-$40 if you'll order through 3rd party providers, like most of us).
Hi tomneversfield,

Can u please tell me how u ordered GCMS notes using 3rd party providers?

Thanks in advance,
RJ

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
rj1jr said:
Hi tomneversfield,

Can u please tell me how u ordered GCMS notes using 3rd party providers?

Thanks in advance,
RJ

There are several websites, but I ordered it mine from www.gcmsnow.com for $23 I believe. They emailed me the consent form, which I printed, signed, scanned and emailed back within 15 minutes. They submitted the request to CIC the same day so that was professional of them. I'm expecting the notes around Christmas.

rj1jr

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
There are several websites, but I ordered it mine from www.gcmsnow.com for $23 I believe. They emailed me the consent form, which I printed, signed, scanned and emailed back within 15 minutes. They submitted the request to CIC the same day so that was professional of them. I'm expecting the notes around Christmas.
Thank you... Good Luck!!!

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
tomneversfield said:
Considering the notes contain every detail about the person, is it significant risk to have this information ordered through these third party websites? I want to order but am concerned about privacy in terms of any leak of data or information through these providers.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
kettysem said:
Finally, BG in progress,
AOR 13 aug
RPRF 25 Sep
BG in PROGRESS 27 AUG
Great news!! :)
Your signature says BG in Porgress 27 Aug.. did you mean 27 NOV?

willpower7

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
File Transfer...
10th March 2016 (NDVO)
Passport Req..
19th April 2016
tomneversfield said:
Hi willpower7, yeah your bg check is a little bit overdue by now.. hopefully nothing to worry about.. some applicants process a little slower than the average.. I personally would absolutely recommend you order your GCMS notes as soon as possible. It's good to know what notes they wrote about you and your background/eligibility, and it's quite cheap ($25-$40 if you'll order through 3rd party providers, like most of us). There's a strong theory that when you order GCMS notes, a chain reaction sort of starts and your application starts getting movement a few days later. Some people will say that the timing of those movements are just a coincidence and others will insist it's not a coincidence... either ways, you have nothing to lose really. Best of luck, and I hope your BG starts really soon (tomorrow or this Monday). What is your country of residence?
Hey tomneversfield,

Thank you so much for your advise and inputs.
I did indeed order GCMS notes today through a canadian friend which just cost me $5. Btw my country of residence is India.

Appreciate ur help
Fingers crossed lets hope for the best.