+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Outland - Let's connect here

rainman400

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
Background check: In progress... Just an hour ago!! I'm cautiously optimistic/happy!
I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hope this means they found me eligible and that my NOC choice will not be under scrutiny no more!
Only time will tell... it's a matter of 4-6 weeks probably
Good luck to us all!
Aww snap! Congrats man! Positive news soon!

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
tomneversfield said:
Background check: In progress... Just an hour ago!! I'm cautiously optimistic/happy!
I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hope this means they found me eligible and that my NOC choice will not be under scrutiny no more!
Good luck to us all!
Congrats! I also hope that atleast they have looked at basic eligibility and NOC by now.

Also looking at July people some have had background check in progress for almost a month. If that is an indication we are in for a long wait. Last week and this week, things have been extremely slow from a PPR perspective. We used to see a flurry on the forum each week, that is not happening for some reason.

Waiting anxiously and goodluck to everyone.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
tomneversfield said:
Good luck to us all!
Congratulations, great news!

groundbirch

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
Background check: In progress... Just an hour ago!!
Congrats! It's good to have some movement in this group! I'm getting more and more impatient.

Yelena, fingers crossed that your BG / DM is just around the corner.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
hahaha, yeah if i get PPR I'll either invite you and your husband for a CN tower dinner, or i'll adopt you.. your choice :)
on a serious note though, no emails so far.. i heard the email usually arrives next day
I too wish I had my GCMS notes to compare the due dates with any movement in the application. I ordered my GCMS notes last week and I'm expecting them in 3-4 weeks.. I'm trulyyyyy hoping you will have your positive DM by then.. and if not, I can always share notes with you and do reverse-engineering! Best of luck!!
adopt me, and I'll cook diner for everyone :p

I wish my application starts seeing some movement., but I would not be surprised if the initial cancelletion makes my application be behind all of yours, by a month or two.
we will see..

as I have a potentially bad sittuation with my application, I will start looking at Quebec next month, so that I can gather all of my documents in time for january on line intake

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
groundbirch said:
Congrats! It's good to have some movement in this group! I'm getting more and more impatient.

thanks groundbirch :)

isn't it nice how everyone here is so supportive of eachoder? it is starting to feel like real virtual familly here :) and we almost have all the members; the friendly one, the unlucky one, the funny one, the grumpy one and the odd one :p

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
yelena said:
isn't it nice how everyone here is so supportive of eachoder? it is starting to feel like real virtual familly here :) and we almost have all the members; the friendly one, the unlucky one, the funny one, the grumpy one and the odd one :p
Which one can I be? The slightly desperate one? ;-)

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
Thanks some1us.... Yeah I will get a better sense of when I should expect DM from your timeline.. If the US timelines are still the same, then you should be getting DM very very soon (a few days)... If not then probably 5-7 weeks.. Hoping for the best!
I m so happy for u.
Good luck

harwinder67

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Great to see some movement here !!

Honestly, I have got even more anxious and impatient after this whole BG in progress thing. I submitted my application on 28 July and got BG in progress on 6th November. FSW Outland from India.

Every day since 6th November has been extremely difficult. I was happy initially that at last there is some movement. But now, I'm checking ECAS, my emails and this forum every hour of the day and it is sooo hard now waiting for the PPR. And, just a thought of rejection sends jitters through my body.

Does any of you with BG in progress feel this way too?

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
harwinder67 said:
Every day since 6th November has been extremely difficult. I was happy initially that at last there is some movement. But now, I'm checking ECAS, my emails and this forum every hour of the day and it is sooo hard now waiting for the PPR. And, just a thought of rejection sends jitters through my body.

Not quite as bad as for you, but since BG is in progress, I feel the need to check MyCIC and ECAS twice a day.... just can't stop myself. And I'm so very full of hope, but on the other hand anxious...

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harwinder67 said:
Great to see some movement here !!

Honestly, I have got even more anxious and impatient after this whole BG in progress thing. I submitted my application on 28 July and got BG in progress on 6th November. FSW Outland from India.

oh yes... I feel that way aswell, and my BG hasn't started yet..

I try to stay focused on my work., but in reality it is taking me twice the time to do most of my tasks. On the other hand, I started working at night as well, so if I am not chekcing mycic or this forum, I am concentrated on my work and getting as much done. If the outcome is positive, at least I will have put most of my business in order :)

Try to find something else to occupie your time..sort out any and all things in your life, just as if you were going to move next week :)

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Haha, whenever I need /want something "big", I consider my ungoing application...

- New vaccum cleaner? Nah... couldn't plug it in in Canada!
- New pans? Nah... too heavy to ship over!
- New plants? No, those would be a pain / impossible to migrate!
- New appartment (because I have an awful landlady)? Hmmm, might not be worth the trouble!
- New job (because I hate hate hate my job)? I can't honestly tell anybody I'm planning to be a long term employee!

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
tomneversfield said:
Good luck to us all!
Awesome mate :). Finally at last, your BG check is in progress. You can expect some good news in a couple of weeks... :)

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
vishalv said:
Awesome mate :). Finally at last, your BG check is in progress. You can expect some good news in a couple of weeks... :)
rainman400 said:
Aww snap! Congrats man! Positive news soon!
sunil55 said:
I m so happy for u.
Good luck
groundbirch said:

Tocanadawego said:
Congratulations, great news!

hotshot007 said:
Congrats! I also hope that atleast they have looked at basic eligibility and NOC by now.

Also looking at July people some have had background check in progress for almost a month. If that is an indication we are in for a long wait. Last week and this week, things have been extremely slow from a PPR perspective. We used to see a flurry on the forum each week, that is not happening for some reason.

Waiting anxiously and goodluck to everyone.
Wow, The support here is just amazing (for better of for worse)... thank you all so much... I just hope the good news continues all the way to the actual landing... for all of us...
I'm serious in that we should all try to organize a 'reunion/celebratory' dinner at the CN tower sometime in August or September 2016 when everybody has settled. Folks who won't settle in Ontario, should still fly and make it! (being sooo clueless and AHEAD of myself, I know! ;D)