+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<FSW Outland - June & July 2017 AOR - Lets Connect Here>>>>>

rajanathomas

Apr 3, 2017
The special unit here can mean anything from National Security Screening Division (NSSD) or Fraud investigation. Instead of speculation, request CSIS and CBSA report and see if you are out of SS.
Would you know of any particular reason so to why this case has been assigned to Special Unit?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Would you know of any particular reason so to why this case has been assigned to Special Unit?
I can't answer that since I am not privy to the documents or the file.

Active3879

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Guys just to update, Last week we got a reply to our CSE that our case has been moved to a Special Unit (dont know what that means). Today we got a mail to redo our medicals. So we do not know if we have completed our SS or still in SS. If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be great.
Hello Rajanathomas,

Thank you for sharing information.

I have also applied on 24th June, 2017 but did not get any response yet. I have already generated Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) 3 times but did not get any response.

I have question that what did you write in CSE and did you get email for redo medical in CIC EE Account or as response of CSE Account.

Let me know if you have any suggestion/information which can be helpful to me.

Thanks in advance.

rajanathomas

Apr 3, 2017
Hello Rajanathomas,

Thank you for sharing information.

I have also applied on 24th June, 2017 but did not get any response yet. I have already generated Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) 3 times but did not get any response.

I have question that what did you write in CSE and did you get email for redo medical in CIC EE Account or as response of CSE Account.

Let me know if you have any suggestion/information which can be helpful to me.

Thanks in advance.
Hi There,

We mentioned, ""as per the GCMS notes, our application is stuck in SS since August and there has been no movement since then. Also we completed one year on 24th June, Is there any update on our application.""
Post the CSE, we got a reply stating that our application has been submitted to a Special Unit for additional verification.
Yesterday we got a mail from CIC that we need to redo our medicals within 30 days.
We really dont know if we are still stuck in SS, or if we have completed our SS and post that they have asked for a remedical.
We has requested for another set of GCMS notes around 1st week of June. We are yet to receive the notes.

Active3879

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Hi There,

We mentioned, ""as per the GCMS notes, our application is stuck in SS since August and there has been no movement since then. Also we completed one year on 24th June, Is there any update on our application.""
Post the CSE, we got a reply stating that our application has been submitted to a Special Unit for additional verification.
Yesterday we got a mail from CIC that we need to redo our medicals within 30 days.
We really dont know if we are still stuck in SS, or if we have completed our SS and post that they have asked for a remedical.
We has requested for another set of GCMS notes around 1st week of June. We are yet to receive the notes.
Hello,

Thank you for your response.

How did you order GCMS notes from India? Also, how much time does it take to deliver electronically via email?

Thank in advance.

Sanjeet777

Mar 14, 2018
Dear @legalfalcon ,

Just wanted to ask you abt my PR application.

AOR May 4
MEP/Ip1 May 12
RPRF May 24.

Just wanted to ask, if they asked for RPRF, does that mean my eligibility is passed and moved to LVO? Also, whenam I likely to get my PPR as per your experience?

spec246

Star Member
Dec 16, 2017
13 precious months have passed today since AoR. I sent email and got the following CUTE reply.

Thank you for your email.
Please be informed that we are awaiting the results of some internal processing prior to the finalization of your application. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times. At this time, there is nothing that is required on your part. Your continued patience is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
EK17590

Could anyone tell what does this hell mean?

Hiyer

Aug 21, 2017
Hi There,

Hi.. From what I have seen a Remeds request means your case is ready for approval.. You should get a PPR request within a week or Two of the medicals getting uploaded (this takes 3-5 days from medicals being done)

Your waits over buddy .. All da best...and keep us posted

Hiyer

Aug 21, 2017
Hi There,

Your SS must be completed else they would not ask for Remeds... I am sure that you will get a good news within a week or two of your medicals

All da best..

Hiyer

Aug 21, 2017
Guys just to update, Last week we got a reply to our CSE that our case has been moved to a Special Unit (dont know what that means). Today we got a mail to redo our medicals. So we do not know if we have completed our SS or still in SS. If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be great.
The special unit here can mean anything from National Security Screening Division (NSSD) or Fraud investigation. Instead of speculation, request CSIS and CBSA report and see if you are out of SS.
We also received the same reply that

"We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application was transferred to a special unit and is still in process.While this review will result in an additional delay, rest assured that we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible"

We are in BGC in progress from 27th or 29th August 2017.. Do you suggest that we apply for CSIS and CBSA or just wait it out. We applied for GCMS in Feb 2018 and it pretty much did not help except to increase our anxiety levels ;-) ;-)

Thanks

vintage_bat

Feb 1, 2018
Hey folks! Needed some guidance with following 2 questions:

1. My AOR is July 3rd 2017 and I was in SS since Aug 8th. My medicals expired on June 23. Just yesterday, I got an email requesting for re-validation of meds. Does this mean my SS has been completed?

2. My wife and I misplaced our daughter's passport (age 2.5 yrs) and are now applying for a new one after filing a police report. What impact will this have on our application, if any?

Hiyer

Aug 21, 2017
Hey folks! Needed some guidance with following 2 questions:

1. My AOR is July 3rd 2017 and I was in SS since Aug 8th. My medicals expired on June 23. Just yesterday, I got an email requesting for re-validation of meds. Does this mean my SS has been completed?

2. My wife and I misplaced our daughter's passport (age 2.5 yrs) and are now applying for a new one after filing a police report. What impact will this have on our application, if any?
Hi

The answer to point 1. is Yes.. else they would not ask for Remeds.. Most people that I have been in touch with (I am May 2017 AOR), have got a PPR request within a week or two of their Medicals getting uploaded (which typically is 3-5 working days after the medical)

Point 2. It will logically impact the application as the Passport details that you will submit for stamping will be different from what you have sent to them which I guess construes a change. My suggestion is to write to CIC or call them. Please double check with someone who has gone through this

Happy for you and all the very best. Pls do keep us posted on happenings (if you dont mind)

rajanathomas

Apr 3, 2017
We also received the same reply that

"We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application was transferred to a special unit and is still in process.While this review will result in an additional delay, rest assured that we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible"

We are in BGC in progress from 27th or 29th August 2017.. Do you suggest that we apply for CSIS and CBSA or just wait it out. We applied for GCMS in Feb 2018 and it pretty much did not help except to increase our anxiety levels ;-) ;-)

Thanks
Hi Hiyer,
One week prior to our 1 year mark we raised a CSE and ordered for the Gcms notes. Probably that triggered some
Kind of movement in our case. You could do the same as well. Do keep is posted.

Active3879

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
13 precious months have passed today since AoR. I sent email and got the following CUTE reply.

Thank you for your email.
Please be informed that we are awaiting the results of some internal processing prior to the finalization of your application. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times. At this time, there is nothing that is required on your part. Your continued patience is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
EK17590

Could anyone tell what does this hell mean?
Hello,
Which email id of CIC did you use and got reply?

I have send many emails and generated 5 times CSE. But, I did not get any response for any of them.

Thanks