Other
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed

Field Name: Eligibility
Met : 24/08/22017
Not Started: 25/08/2017 ( LVO transfer date)
Office: Centralized Intake Office

Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ
New Value: Not Started
Updated Date: 2017/08/25

ACTIVITY: 2
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: 11.2-EE Ml
Field Name: Status
New Value: Met
Updated Date: 2017/08/24

@gurik @legalfalcon @andy108 @All experts : Please share some thoughts on my GCMS notes please....UAE applicant with London Visa office.
My timeline's below on my signature
HI Ravindran, all seems good for you mate, when eligibility is MET at CIO, they again change the value back to "not started" on transferring the file to LVO, because eligibility is again checked there. So this is normal for all files AFAIK.
All is great your first Eligibility (A11.2) check is done and good. At LVO the Visa Officer will check again and finalise.
All the best:)

Let's wait for @legalfalcon's input...

Aanet

Aug 31, 2017
Concern about the golden email:

I received the ready for visa email, however there is no reference to my name or reference number. The email is addressed to Mr or Mrs.

Have you guys ever seen this?

Follow bellow the beggining of the email
”Visa Section, www.cic.gc.ca

São Paulo, Brazil spalo-immigration@international.gc.ca

Dear Mr / Mrs

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. You must submit your passport(s) and pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), if applicable, within 30 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application.”

jmir

May 17, 2017
My status changed to background check in progress for the third time after I requested GCMS notes a few days ago. At the same time, my profiles shows the "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details." message. Any idea on what's happening?

Linda_G

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Okay now, Ottawa is little bit different, although the file goes through same stages, i.e Eligibility is checked once by an agent and then by an officer, but at Ottawa for most cases the time between different checks is little bit less as compared to LVOs. And also for most cases at Ottawa the docs only change to "not needed" after the Visa Officer passes the Eligibility unlike at CIO. So nothing to worry.
Most likely you are at stage 5, and the agent has checked your eligibility and now file is waiting for an Officer to review all checks and finalise and approve. You have definitely passed R10 and criminality.
You can call CIC to know about your Eligibility check details to be sure, or best order GCMS notes. According to me your primary eligibility check is most likely done at this point. To be sure that whether that check result is passed or there is some review required, that can only be known through GCMS. As long as you think you provided them with everything correctly, most likely all will be good.
You are close to the end mate, it will all be fine. All the best:)
Thanks for the detailed reply @gurik!
This waiting and not knowing is driving me a bit insane, so any positivity from someone with more knowledge on the process is much appreciated!

Im just a bit apprehensive to order GCMS notes, because Ive read in some other posts that people are of the opinion that you annoy the officers because you are wasting their time or something? And I dont want to do anything that will negatively impact on our application progress.
Do you think this is the case?

Reactions: gurik

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Thanks for the detailed reply @gurik!
This waiting and not knowing is driving me a bit insane, so any positivity from someone with more knowledge on the process is much appreciated!

Im just a bit apprehensive to order GCMS notes, because Ive read in some other posts that people are of the opinion that you annoy the officers because you are wasting their time or something? And I dont want to do anything that will negatively impact on our application progress.
Do you think this is the case?
No that is not the case at all. If it were so, then why would they give us this service in the first place.
Its just a myth, i know a person who has not ordered notes and he is still crossing 6 month wait, while others along him who ordered have got PPRs.
So it does not impacts your application in any way, positively or negatively. Go ahead and order, it helps you a lot in knowing what is exactly happening with your file, which stage your file is stuck at and thus makes the wait more easier:).

Reactions: Linda_G

sourav.kunar

Aug 7, 2017
No that is not the case at all. If it were so, then why would they give us this service in the first place.
Its just a myth, i know a person who has not ordered notes and he is still crossing 6 month wait, while others along him who ordered have got PPRs.
So it does not impacts your application in any way, positively or negatively. Go ahead and order, it helps you a lot in knowing what is exactly happening with your file, which stage your file is stuck at and thus makes the wait more easier:).
Hi Gurik..
I am a 10th July AOR FSW outland from India
Would like to know the way or process to order for

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Hi Gurik..
I am a 10th July AOR FSW outland from India
Would like to know the way or process to order for
Hi Sourav,
Its a very simple process my friend. To order GCMS from India we have to use third party websites, there are many, i will tell you the one I used.
1) Go to- https://www.getgcms.com/
2) Click on order now, different options will be displayed (with price in Rupees), choose the one that suits you, i went for e-GCMS, most people do.
3) Follow the instructions & Fill a simple form with your details and make the payment.
4) You will receive an acknowledgement e-mail that your order is confirmed.
5) You will get the notes in 30-40 days period (In your e-mai only as you go for e GCMS).

Hope this helps, Ask if you need anything further information.

Reactions: pam13

seakomol

Sep 19, 2017
Okay. So you are at Ip1 right now, and you have uploaded the PCC just a week back. Cic will acknowledge the receipt of this doc in another week or so and than you can expect the BG to change to NA.

Its only your luck post that, if your file moves to Ottawa or LVO. If you have had a previous visa rejection, chances of moving to a LVO are high. So just calm down for now and pray that your file moves to Ottawa for speedy processing.
:)
Review of additional documents just changed to "we do not need additional documents " and Background check simultaneously changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information".

I guess fingers crossed at this stage? Can i also assume i'm closer to PPR than when i started this application?

Last edited:
Reactions: Scorpman21

funter28

May 20, 2015
Review of additional documents just changed to "we do not need additional documents " and Background check simultaneously changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information".

I guess fingers crossed at this stage? Can i also assume i'm closer to PPR than when i started this application?
Yes you are. Seems IP2. Whats your visa office?

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
Congratulations. It has to be Ottawa as only they can move so swiftly. You are at Ip2 & don't have much to worry now than wait for PPR, which should be anytime soon. :)

Reactions: pam13

debz1986

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Canada
Hi guys... I talked to the CIC agent now by calling them to know that my file is in NDVO (New Delhi). It was in CIO Sydney all this while. God knows how long it will take now. Still in NA2 from Aug 8th... sighhh... Does anyone know how long NDVO take to process?

optimus.prime

Jul 3, 2016
Hi All,

I am a FSW- Inland applicant. I have an AOR of 17/07/2017 and i was on IP2 till today. There were two ADRs (RCMP + Travel history).

I just saw my profile now and it says NA again. This is NA3 for me. Is this normal? Cause i haven't heard anyone else get this same status.

Does my application go from NA3 to IP3? Any insight would be helpful.

jmir

May 17, 2017
Samething happened to me after a different ADR. It changed to IP3 after 3 weeks.

Hi All,

I am a FSW- Inland applicant. I have an AOR of 17/07/2017 and i was on IP2 till today. There were two ADRs (RCMP + Travel history).

I just saw my profile now and it says NA again. This is NA3 for me. Is this normal? Cause i haven't heard anyone else get this same status.

Does my application go from NA3 to IP3? Any insight would be helpful.