+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<FSW Outland - June & July 2017 AOR - Lets Connect Here>>>>>

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
Seems our timelines are similar, so i'm guessing your Additional Documents Status should be "not needed" now. Have you contacted CiC to know the Visa Office your application was moved to?
Hello Tee_man.
You have guessed it right. The additional docs status changed to "not needed" from "uploaded" on 22nd August. I have not called them yet, but people with similar timelines have confirmed, so I assume mine will have moved too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tee_man and drCAN

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
Thank you but will the files eventually be sent out to a LVO or concluded at CIO, Sydney.
I know that CIO does initial processing and sends files to Local VO. Well no worries just like Hirencool said
Files will move to LVO for final approval, but it has been said many times that CIO does have the power to issue Ppr. Though I haven't seen a case yet.

Last edited:

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
Thanks, which section of the profile will be updated? and will that be 4 to 10 business days or calendar days.
Your profile would look something like this:
BG: Your Background Check has been completed.
Final Decision: A final decision has been made on your application.

4 to 10 business days.

drCAN

Aug 22, 2017
Hello Tee_man.
You have guessed it right. The additional docs status changed to "not needed" from "uploaded" on 22nd August. I have not called them yet, but people with similar timelines have confirmed, so I assume mine will have moved too.
You can call them after some days and check which LVO your file has been transferred.

Reactions: Scorpman21

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Has anyone faced a similar issue?

I tried calling up CIC from UK yesterday using Hangout. I was connected and waited for 35min to talk to an agent, but when the agent came online, he could not hear me at all. I thought it was a technical glitch and called again - waited for another 37min and again when the agent came, she could not hear me. Is that a hangout issue? Is there any other way of contacting from outside Canada?

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
I have a question for some of the senior folks in this forum on what my next step should be ...

Please find my current status below (FSW-O application):
AOR - 11th July
Medicals Passed - 24th July
Requested additional doc (primary applicant) - 24th July; Submitted additional documents - 25th July
IP1 - 25th July
NA2 - 26th July
Requested additional doc (dependents) - 4th Aug; Submitted additional doc - 10th Aug
VO confirmation as Ottawa - 7th Aug (not sure if they can send file back to Sydney from Ottawa)

Should I be requesting for my GCMS notes now? If yes, what can i expect to find in those notes? Will it tell me the current status and what is pending? How long does it take to receive the notes and does it come online? Alternatively, if there is a existing post on GCMS notes in this forum (that i may have missed), could you kindly direct me to the link?

If I should not order my GCMS notes just now, what can I do to understand what my current status is? I tried calling, but did not help.

Thank you in advance.

drCAN

Aug 22, 2017
I have a question for some of the senior folks in this forum on what my next step should be ...

AOR - 11th July
Requested additional doc (primary applicant) - 24th July; Submitted additional documents - 25th July
IP1 - 25th July
NA2 - 26th July
Requested additional doc (dependents) - 4th Aug; Submitted additional doc - 10th Aug
VO confirmation as Ottawa - 7th Aug (not sure if they can send file back to Sydney from Ottawa)

Should I be requesting for my GCMS notes now? If yes, what can i expect to find in those notes? Will it tell me the current status and what is pending? How long does it take to receive the notes and does it come online? Alternatively, if there is a existing post on GCMS notes in this forum (that i may have missed), could you kindly direct me to the link?

If I should not order my GCMS notes just now, what can I do to understand what my current status is? I tried calling, but did not help.

Thank you in advance.
I would suggest that you should wait for another 2 weeks. 6-8 weeks is normally what ottawa is taking to process applications.
I have similar timelines as yours, but my file is at CIO, Sydney. And CIO is known to take a hell lot of time to process the applications.

My Timelines:

AOR : 11th July
Medical Passed : 24th July
BG: NA (I do not know if this is NA1 or NA2)
Visa Office : CIO, Sydney
FSWO-Single applicant

Reactions: pranab24

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
I would suggest that you should wait for another 2 weeks. 6-8 weeks is normally what ottawa is taking to process applications.
I have similar timelines as yours, but my file is at CIO, Sydney. And CIO is known to take a hell lot of time to process the applications.

My Timelines:

AOR : 11th July
Medical Passed : 24th July
BG: NA (I do not know if this is NA1 or NA2)
Visa Office : CIO, Sydney
FSWO-Single applicant
Thanks drCAN. Is there a possibility that the application has been sent back to Sydney from Ottawa, or does that never happen?

yewwy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Yeah

AOR - 11th July
IP1 - 25th July
NA2 - 26th July

Thank you in advance.
Pranab relax, i am sure you will move to IP2 soon enough since your file is at Ottawa and most likely PPR very soon.

My file is at Sydney and i have chosen not to bother my head again since that is their style (taking their sweet time).

Reactions: pranab24