+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Outland - Express Entry - COVID Backlog News and Updates

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Hey did you get your GCMS notes, or did they update your profile yet. It’s been a month for me and no updates, the medical section still has my old report and approval on it. Gonna write them using webform, but didn’t really expect an answer from them.
I ordered my notes on 11th august. No reply yet.

Anybody get their notes recently? When did you get them and when did you order them?

Punk6

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hey did you get your GCMS notes, or did they update your profile yet. It’s been a month for me and no updates, the medical section still has my old report and approval on it. Gonna write them using webform, but didn’t really expect an answer from them.
No, I did not find the time to apply for GCMS notes and my upfront medical has not been updated either. I feel that IRCC currently has a backlog of medicals that they haven't reviewed, and our reviews are pending as they aren't a priority (much like our FSW-O EE applications) :p

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
No, I did not find the time to apply for GCMS notes and my upfront medical has not been updated either. I feel that IRCC currently has a backlog of medicals that they haven't reviewed, and our reviews are pending as they aren't a priority (much like our FSW-O EE applications) :p
I just got an email from IRCC after I had submitted a webform, apart from the usual BS it has however said, and I quote

“ Once full operations resume, you will be contacted with further instructions and provided with an opportunity to respond to the request letter. Please note that the mission will not be uploading any documents received from applicants.”

so clearly they are in no mood to update the profile just yet. This is NDVO, so can’t really say what’s going on with the other VO’s.

let’s hope they get some work done soon. What else can be done anyways .

Reactions: Punk6

akriti91

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
I just got an email from IRCC after I had submitted a webform, apart from the usual BS it has however said, and I quote

“ Once full operations resume, you will be contacted with further instructions and provided with an opportunity to respond to the request letter. Please note that the mission will not be uploading any documents received from applicants.”

so clearly they are in no mood to update the profile just yet. This is NDVO, so can’t really say what’s going on with the other VO’s.

What documents did you ask to be uploaded?

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

LOL. That' the mission statement you've been looking for.
"Officially, our mission is to do nothing about your application. We are IRCC. We are just too cool to process your applications."
That's insane.

P.S. tomorrow my medical extension expires. Why am I waiting for a ghost update and a movement on my file, why am I SO NAIVE?

Reactions: MQ12

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
LOL. That' the mission statement you've been looking for.
"Officially, our mission is to do nothing about your application. We are IRCC. We are just too cool to process your applications."
That's insane.

P.S. tomorrow my medical extension expires. Why am I waiting for a ghost update and a movement on my file, why am I SO NAIVE?
Dude at least you got an extension, I haven’t heard from them in years!
But we always hope against hope, not naive just human. Let’s hope together I guess.

Reactions: dan2thi

akriti91

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
That would be my upfront medical, since mine had expired and I didn’t get any extension, at lest not on profile, so got one done a month ago and haven’t heard from them.
Yeah, it's so annoying. Mine expired on Oct 2. And nothing! Clearly they haven't even touched the file since last extension.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dude at least you got an extension, I haven’t heard from them in years!
But we always hope against hope, not naive just human. Let’s hope together I guess.
Well, this extension was almost a joke -- and false hope, and now it's no longer valid. No ghost updates/any kind of updates on the medical extension expiry today.
Let's keep hoping. Something's gonna happen, one day. Hope we don't die out like dinosaurs before this "something" happens.

• Sad
Reactions: MQ12 and akriti91

Punk6

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
IRCC is still processing applicants with expired-COPRs and re-issuing COPRs to them. Those FSW-O EE applicants were before us in the backlog, and I suppose our applications will be picked up once those are done.

Reactions: MQ12

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Got the customary “ we are still working on your application” mail today.

What I find hilarious is where they say “ Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date. Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.”

I mean seriously!!!

Reactions: fc123 and VVV62

tusharn

Jul 29, 2021
Got the customary “ we are still working on your application” mail today.

What I find hilarious is where they say “ Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date. Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.”

I mean seriously!!!
Why don’t I ever get this email!! Nov 2019 AOR. I’m freaking out!

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Why don’t I ever get this email!! Nov 2019 AOR. I’m freaking out!
Don’t worry it’s just an automated response. Have you ordered Gcms notes before? Coz they are the only proper way of knowing where your application stands, apart from that all this is BS. I even got a survey from Ircc asking me about how I fealt about the process since I have received an outcome. I haven’t by the way. All I know is my application was approved in April 2020 and has been in cold storage since then, like so many here.
So breath and don’t freak out!