Punk6

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
So far I have seen only the below type of applicants receiving COPR :
1 - Inland
2 - US-Based
3 - Few FSW from other countries
4 - Indian Resident who had submitted Biometrics for some other visa to IRCC

Since India was probably the last country to open biometrics(last week of Feb 2021). Our applications are really at the end of queue I guess.
Haven't seen any Indian resident receiving COPR(other than the exemption above).

This trend has been the same even before June 21 and hasn't changed yet.

I want to see what everyone thinks about this?
This is indeed the case, and there is speculation that perhaps once existing COPR holders who can now travel to Canada are cleared, they might focus on inviting further FSW candidates.

IMO, a lot depends on the pandemic situation. If no major mishaps happen on that front over the coming months, we may receive updates on our applications soon.

Some people are advising to send vaccination certificates to IRCC. Personally, I doubt that will help unless they formally request it. Does anyone think otherwise?

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
How do I contact IRCC from outside Canada? I'm not able to get a Canadian number on Textnow anymore. Used a US number to call +18882422100 but got no response. Is there any other way? Does Textnow still work?
I used an app called TextFree to call IRCC. Works like a charm!

anuprawat26

Sep 21, 2020
Thanks for creating this thread - I am also an FSW-O from India, AOR Oct 24, 2020, MEP - Nov 26, 2020, BioMetric - Mar 01, 2021. since then no update.

Reactions: Punk6

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Just curious..has anyone got upfront medical from India recently...We tried booking in Chennai and it hasn't opened yet.

Last edited:

Punk6

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hi AishB,
Got upfront of Meds in Bangalore last week.
I submitted my upfront medicals to IRCC more than a month and a half ago, but there has been no update or review on the state of my medicals. The portal only shows 'You do not need a medical' as it did when my medicals were expired. I have tried reaching out through webforms, but all they say is we can confirm we have received all documents. Anyone else in a similar situation after submitting upfront medicals?
It seems that FSW-O is on the least priority right now, even for reviewing medical assessments.

Side note: some FSW-O with AOR Jan 2020 applicants have reported receiving official remed requests this week. Positive movement on files.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
I submitted my upfront medicals to IRCC more than a month and a half ago, but there has been no update or review on the state of my medicals. The portal only shows 'You do not need a medical' as it did when my medicals were expired. I have tried reaching out through webforms, but all they say is we can confirm we have received all documents. Anyone else in a similar situation after submitting upfront medicals?
It seems that FSW-O is on the least priority right now, even for reviewing medical assessments.

Side note: some FSW-O with AOR Jan 2020 applicants have reported receiving official remed requests this week. Positive movement on files.
are these AOR Jan 2020 applicants with expired COPR or yet receive their first ppr?
So far I have seen movement only with expired COPR people.

K_k

Nov 18, 2020
So far I have seen only the below type of applicants receiving COPR :
1 - Inland
2 - US-Based
3 - Few FSW from other countries
4 - Indian Resident who had submitted Biometrics for some other visa to IRCC

Since India was probably the last country to open biometrics(last week of Feb 2021). Our applications are really at the end of queue I guess.
Haven't seen any Indian resident receiving COPR(other than the exemption above).

This trend has been the same even before June 21 and hasn't changed yet.

I want to see what everyone thinks about this?
I hope this could be true, I am from India my AOR is 28th april 2021, I am a pnp outland applicant and simultaneously applied for a closed work permit. However, I have received the BIL for work permit but nothing for PR application. Will update if anything changes.

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
VO Manila has been opened ever since. Still no progress on my application. I am FSW-O applicant. Approved March 23, 2020 based on GCMS notes. AOR Nov 19

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
5 months so far with spousal addition request.