+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Outland - Express Entry - COVID Backlog News and Updates

Punk6

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hello, I want to start a thread where all Federal State Worker (FSW) Outland PR applicants who seem to be indefinitely stuck in processing can find any news and updates on IRCC's latest policies with regards to international applicants. With vaccinations increasing and COVID cases going down in Canada, there is reason to be optimistic about IRCC finally moving outland files along.

It would be great if all outland applicants can share any recent updates they have received on their files while stating the time of their AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt).

Moreover, please inform and discuss any news or announcements related to IRCC's policies for outland applicants. Currently, I believe IRCC is not processing any outland COPRs since the pandemic and they are only focused on inland / US applicants.

Personally, I am AOR Jan 2020 from Pakistan and my profile is 'Ready For Approval' since October 2020. According to my GCMS notes, there has been no significant updates to my file since last October although there have been some periodic updated entries by IRCC officers. I received a ghost update last week and also proactively submitted an upfront medical since they had expired.

Also - Is there any outland applicant who has received a COPR in 2021?

Punk6

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021

hchchoi

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Thank you for creating this forum. My AOR is relatively later compared to many of you, as I submitted my application in February 2021. Still, I am entering the 6th month of the application, and just like all of us, I would like to see my PPR and COPR as soon as possible. It would be great if we could discuss collectively measures to bring our concerns to the table to ensure that our applications are processed in an expedited fashion.

Reactions: Ssvd8691 and Lulu69

anwar_aj

Dec 3, 2019
Thanks for creating this thread. My AOR is Dec 2019. As per GCMS, i was approved in 2020. Got my meds extended in Sep 2020. They expired in Mar 2021. No updates after that. I am sending a webform soon. I will share the info i receive from that. From whatsapp groups and FB groups, the general info as of now is that FSW - O processing has not resumed for people waiting for PPR. Experts are commenting , might see movement from July end. The agonizing and excruciating wait without any info continues

Reactions: afc1

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
So far I have seen only the below type of applicants receiving COPR :
1 - Inland
2 - US-Based
3 - Few FSW from other countries
4 - Indian Resident who had submitted Biometrics for some other visa to IRCC

Since India was probably the last country to open biometrics(last week of Feb 2021). Our applications are really at the end of queue I guess.
Haven't seen any Indian resident receiving COPR(other than the exemption above).

This trend has been the same even before June 21 and hasn't changed yet.

I want to see what everyone thinks about this?

Reactions: bluehorse and Punk6

Punk6

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
There was a FSW-O applicant (AOR Dec 2019) in the UK who received a PPR email sometime around this week. Beyond that, I have not heard of any movement on FSW-O files.

hchchoi

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
I also saw on a FB group that someone with a December 2020 AOR (FSW-O) received PPR. US resident, VO Ottawa.