+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<FSW Outland - April & May 2017 AOR - Lets Connect Here>>>>>

shrik_14

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hey I saw only rejections based on (same old) PC's!
on what basis does the rejection happen due to PCC? I mean it is signed by the passport officer after checking our records (india) or its a document from the national/ federal police (abroad). how can it be rejected then?

Last edited:

shrik_14

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
-You can know your Visa Office by sending an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

This is the email format they require:

IMPORTANT: You must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:

* Surname and Given name(s)
* Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
* Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number
* Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident
It has just been 50 days since AOR, do you think they might get irritated if ask them where my visa office is or should i wait for some more time before i send them an email?

lsat180

Jul 7, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-03-2017
I'm getting concerned. How is it possible that a June AOR has already passed medicals and some May AORs have no update? I'm curious as to how CIC works.
My AOR is 15th May, and no update yet! I'm single with no dependent. I work as a software engineer for a big software company in the US. One of Google/Facebook/Amazon/Apple. I wonder what could be going on. Maybe my application isn't as straightforward as I thought?

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
It has just been 50 days since AOR, do you think they might get irritated if ask them where my visa office is or should i wait for some more time before i send them an email?
No, its not an issue you can e-mail them, they have to provide you with the information.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
I'm getting concerned. How is it possible that a June AOR has already passed medicals and some May AORs have no update? I'm curious as to how CIC works.
My AOR is 15th May, and no update yet! I'm single with no dependent. I work as a software engineer for a big software company in the US. One of Google/Facebook/Amazon/Apple. I wonder what could be going on. Maybe my application isn't as straightforward as I thought?
Files for U.S applicants are being processed slowly as compare to other FSWO. So you will have to wait for a little while more. Only CIC knows what it does and why it does, we have to bow our heads and accept:oops:.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
on what basis does the rejection happen due to PCC? I mean it is signed by the passport officer after checking our records (india) or its a document from the national/ federal police (abroad). how can it be rejected then?
Some are missing, some are not scans of original etc. as long as your PCC for India was from PSK, you are good to go.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Common PCC issues which cause rejection are:-

• No Colour Scan of a coloured PCC. Even if the PCC is Black and white and the stamp or sign is in colour, that colour needs to be seen.
  • PCC given by the wrong authority. Every country has different authorities that give acceptable PPC and you normally need a federal one and not a local police one. Every country has specific rules which is given in the ICC PCC page.
  • Travelling to a country multiple times as a tourist over the last 10 years/time you were 18 and all adding to more than 6 months but you do not give that PCC
  • PCC older than 6 months in your current residence.
  • Going back to a country where you are NOT a resident but the PCC is given before the second visit making your old PCC null and void.
  • PCC not translated if not in English
  • Forgetting to give a PCC ( yes many do that!)
  • Making the mistake that PCC is only for the last 10 years of history. It's not. PCC is for any stay longer than 6 months from the time you turned 18.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
There's one 22nd May AOR applicants who got rejected due to an unacceptable PCC.
He says the PCC from Chile was not acceptable.

What I infer from most of the rejections is that majority of applicants get rejected due to a common cause, PCC.
And I believe they get rejected in the R10 stage only due to lack of mandatory docs.

kunal81

Jul 7, 2015
Hi experts ,
While applying for my eAPR I uploaded my photo in PDF format instead of JPG . However I have sent a CSE and uploaded my photo in JPG format . Will that be fine ?

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Hi experts ,
While applying for my eAPR I uploaded my photo in PDF format instead of JPG . However I have sent a CSE and uploaded my photo in JPG format . Will that be fine ?
Yea..no problem. I am surprised how the system allowed you to upload in pdf format where image was expected. Anyways, they don't reject applications for incorrect photo. But you have later sent the correct one, so it's all good.

kunal81

Jul 7, 2015
Do I need to call them and inform as well ? How will I know if they have accepted the recent photo which I sent ?
Yea..no problem. I am surprised how the system allowed you to upload in pdf format where image was expected. Anyways, they don't reject applications for incorrect photo. But you have later sent the correct one, so it's all good.

kunal81

Jul 7, 2015
Do I need to call them and inform as well ? How will I know if they have accepted the recent photo which I sent ?

kunal81

Jul 7, 2015

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
No need to call. If you went through their online CSE system then you will get a notification that it was accepted probably within a month.

shrik_14

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Common PCC issues which cause rejection are:-

• No Colour Scan of a coloured PCC. Even if the PCC is Black and white and the stamp or sign is in colour, that colour needs to be seen.
  • PCC given by the wrong authority. Every country has different authorities that give acceptable PPC and you normally need a federal one and not a local police one. Every country has specific rules which is given in the ICC PCC page.
  • Travelling to a country multiple times as a tourist over the last 10 years/time you were 18 and all adding to more than 6 months but you do not give that PCC
  • PCC older than 6 months in your current residence.
  • Going back to a country where you are NOT a resident but the PCC is given before the second visit making your old PCC null and void.
  • PCC not translated if not in English
  • Forgetting to give a PCC ( yes many do that!)
  • Making the mistake that PCC is only for the last 10 years of history. It's not. PCC is for any stay longer than 6 months from the time you turned 18.
Thanks for the clarification ! *sigh of relief* definitely feeling better now :)

SJR_Spencer

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Morning All - Couple of questions:

1. I did not pay the RPRF whilst submitting the application but received a letter yesterday to make the payment. I will make the payment and load the receipt today. Would anyone know how the RPRF is received by CIC? Is this akin to the CSE when it could take 6-7 weeks for it to reflect in the system and hence delay the entire process? I am kind of ruing not paying this fee upfront

2. The letter I got from CIC was from the Ottawa office and called out that the eligibility and security checks are underway. So I guess I am still in the initial phases of the checks. If the file should move to the LVO, at what stage would that happen?

If all goes well, I am hoping for a passport request mid September. Is that estimate conservative i.e. meaning the process could take longer?

Regards,
Spencer.