readytosettle

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
USA
App. Filed.......
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
Hello! I'm planning to do soft landing next week. Are there any pros/cons of landing at Toronto vs Vancouver airport?
I read that you can apply for SIN at Toronto airport itself whereas one has to go to Service Canada in Vancouver. Would like to hear from your experience.
Also, can we apply SIN on the same day as landing (in case of Vancouver)?

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Hello! I'm planning to do soft landing next week. Are there any pros/cons of landing at Toronto vs Vancouver airport?
I read that you can apply for SIN at Toronto airport itself whereas one has to go to Service Canada in Vancouver. Would like to hear from your experience.
Also, can we apply SIN on the same day as landing (in case of Vancouver)?
To be able to apply at Toronto airport for sin you need to be there between 9 and 4 on a business day (so no weekend or public holidays). You go to the service Canada counter after getting the stamp and signature on your copr. Hardly take few minutes to get sin after that. I did not have to fill out any sin application forms too. They took care of all that.

Not sure about Vancouver.

Cheers!
-S.

Reactions: readytosettle

readytosettle

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
USA
App. Filed.......
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
Anyone who did a soft landing and didn’t apply SIN? Is it better to apply during soft land or wait until you move for good and why? Thanks!