+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW inland waiting for 19months, considering CEC

NovemberSnow

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hello,

I am waiting for 19 months for my PR to be processed, I did the the demand from Canada and I am still in Canada.
I ordered GCMS and sent webforms a couple of months ago, nothing has changed since January 2020...:(

I don't see the end of it and seeing that CEC inland are being processed right away I am thinking about applying for this stream as well.

I have 2 years of experience in Canada an engineering field, the problem is that it is not the exact same NOC as my previous position in my country for which I claimed points with my years of experience. This was my first job in Canada and supposed to be temporary (the "first canadian experience"), but the pandemic hit and I did not really had the opportunity to find a occupation in the NOC I claimed for my FSW file yet.

My question is: knowing that the NOC of my position is not the same as the NOC of the position I had before and for which I claimed points for the FSW EE demand, would it be still possible to make a new EE demand as CEC inland? Can it cause my FSW demand to be cancelled?
Is it possible to do it while my FSW inland is still "in process"?

@legalfalcon any input on this would be very helpfull!

Thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello,

I am waiting for 19 months for my PR to be processed, I did the the demand from Canada and I am still in Canada.
I ordered GCMS and sent webforms a couple of months ago, nothing has changed since January 2020...:(

I don't see the end of it and seeing that CEC inland are being processed right away I am thinking about applying for this stream as well.

I have 2 years of experience in Canada an engineering field, the problem is that it is not the exact same NOC as my previous position in my country for which I claimed points with my years of experience. This was my first job in Canada and supposed to be temporary (the "first canadian experience"), but the pandemic hit and I did not really had the opportunity to find a occupation in the NOC I claimed for my FSW file yet.

My question is: knowing that the NOC of my position is not the same as the NOC of the position I had before and for which I claimed points for the FSW EE demand, would it be still possible to make a new EE demand as CEC inland? Can it cause my FSW demand to be cancelled?
Is it possible to do it while my FSW inland is still "in process"?

@legalfalcon any input on this would be very helpfull!

Thank you!
You do not have to have the same NOC in two different PR applications. For FSW you need a NOC, for CEC you only need to show 1 year of Canadian work ex.