+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
Guys, this might not be related to this thread, but by any chance, does anyone know (with certainty) if you can become incorporated/self employed while on open work permit?

I am thinking of incorporating myself to get a contract job (as second job) but not sure whether I can do that when I'm not PR yet.

Last edited:

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Guys, this might not be related to this thread, but by any chance, does anyone know (with certainty) if you can become incorporated/self employed while on open work permit?

I am thinking of incorporating myself to get a contract job (as second job) but not sure whether I can do that when I'm not PR yet.
Yes, you can. My very close friend have done it, and I know many others did it in Quebec/Ontario.

Reactions: hamid123456

Jasmeet23

Mar 29, 2021
My FSW inland application is stuck since April 2020. I also applied for my Bridging Work Permit application back in October 2021, I received a letter with the AOR indicating that my implied status is on valid till 14th Feb 2022 or until decision is made, whichever happens first. It has been 3 months already no update on the WP ext application.

Did anyone receive a similar letter from the CIC ?

Reactions: rWolf

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
My FSW inland application is stuck since April 2020. I also applied for my Bridging Work Permit application back in October 2021, I received a letter with the AOR indicating that my implied status is on valid till 14th Feb 2022 or until decision is made, whichever happens first. It has been 3 months already no update on the WP ext application.

Did anyone receive a similar letter from the CIC ?
I'm in the same boat. But the letter doesn't mean that the implied status is only valid until 14th Feb 2022. Mine is valid until Feb. 18th. I know that letter sounds confusing, but, as far as I know, the implied status is valid until they make a decision on your application. You can keep working (if you are employed), or studying, but you can't change jobs or enter the country.

Also, depending on the province, you might find it difficult to renew the health card or driver's license. I was able to renew my driver's license for another year, and I'm waiting for my health card, which should be renewed for another 6 months.

More info about implied status: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Extension of period authorized for stay

(5) Subject to subsection (5.1), if a temporary resident has applied for an extension of the period authorized for their stay and a decision is not made on the application by the end of the period authorized for their stay, the period is extended until
  • (a) the day on which a decision is made, if the application is refused; or
  • (b) the end of the new period authorized for their stay, if the application is allowed.
Source: https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-183.html

Jasmeet23

Mar 29, 2021
I'm in the same boat. But the letter doesn't mean that the implied status is only valid until 14th Feb 2022. Mine is valid until Feb. 18th. I know that letter sounds confusing, but, as far as I know, the implied status is valid until they make a decision on your application. You can keep working (if you are employed), or studying, but you can't change jobs or enter the country.

Also, depending on the province, you might find it difficult to renew the health card or driver's license. I was able to renew my driver's license for another year, and I'm waiting for my health card, which should be renewed for another 6 months.

More info about implied status: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html
I hope if its like that, I called IRCC to verify this info. The agent mentioned it clearly we are not allowed to work post 14th Feb 2022 even for the same employer. :(

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
I hope if its like that, I called IRCC to verify this info. The agent mentioned it clearly we are not allowed to work post 14th Feb 2022 even for the same employer. :(
Well, that is another reason that we should not trust their call centre :)

https://www.canadavisa.com/implied-status-in-canada.html

https://www.cic.gc.ca/English/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1505&top=17

Note: It is not “implied status” under subsections R183(5) and (6) that allows a foreign national to keep working while their application for extension is in process. The foreign national must meet the requirements of paragraph R186(u). Paragraph R186(u) applies only until a decision is made on the original work permit renewal application.
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/eligibility/eligibility-admissibility-conditions-including-validity-period.html

186 A foreign national may work in Canada without a work permit

(u) until a decision is made on an application made by them under subsection 201(1), if they have remained in Canada after the expiry of their work permit and they have continued to comply with the conditions set out on the expired work permit, other than the expiry date;
Source: https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-186.html

Deepa52

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
So the Review Required you mean is for completeness (R10). I have the exact same under the "REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant" section of the notes.

"Canada RCMP police certificate: Review Required R10 0K Recommendation: Review Required - Pending RCMP Screening Results"

Even though I have the same "Review Required" that you have in the R10, my eligibility assessment started in November 2021 and it's now marked as "Review Required" for A11.2: Recommended Pass.

RCMP Screening Results came just after I gave biometrics. Can you read if they have been processed on yours?
In mine, it's written in the "Admissibility: Criminality - Sub-activities" table.

If not, maybe yours is taking longer because of the spouse's "stats questions". That's the only difference from mine.
I also have the review required for RCMP when i ordered the GCMS note, when I made a call last week, eligibility is not even started, Is review required is for police clearance or for eligibility??

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
I also have the review required for RCMP when i ordered the GCMS note, when I made a call last week, eligibility is not even started, Is review required is for police clearance or for eligibility??
In my newest notes, RCMP checks are being processed under criminality, no mention in the eligibility section.
Eligibility started even though criminality is not finished yet.

Deepa52

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
In my newest notes, RCMP checks are being processed under criminality, no mention in the eligibility section.
Eligibility started even though criminality is not finished yet.
Your VO, please mine was transferred to Edmonton from Montreal

ab995

Jul 9, 2018
Recent interview from immigration minister addressing backlogs and work permit delays. I personally feel he is way better than the old minister. At least he seems to have a plan for the future so we don't suffer the same way during citizenship.

link:
(P.S: Although the thumbnail is in punjabi, the actual interview is conducted in english)