+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

Aug 22, 2021
This will likely impact future FSW draws but not applications that are already being processed.

What’s noteworthy is the current average lead time for FSW applications to be fully processed : 20.4 months.

So in our tragedy, we might actually be lucky to have an ongoing application because it looks like there won’t be any new FSW draw before a very long time.

And even if draws resume, the minimum CRS score to get an ITA will be largely above 500 points as stated in that memo, and draws size will be reduced by 50%.
It also says that the time to process each application will likely increase to 36 months which is another way of saying "just give up".

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
At least they have started to talk dates, before that they were expecting people waiting for their heaven forever.
20.6 months and 36 months in 2022. What dates are you talking about ? I'll die a 100 times before 36 months.

HRP2020

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
November 13, 2020
20.6 months and 36 months in 2022. What dates are you talking about ? I'll die a 100 times before 36 months.
We should attention to their math!!! also.
When they say 6 months, it means 20.6, if they say 36 months it might be more than a decade.

• Haha
Reactions: requiemforadream

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
The ugly part in this is that it's the first time (at least for me) to know that they have target space for FSWs, and they have reduced that in 2021 and will reduce further this year. They were saying they work on applications exempted from travel restrictions and made us fight each other if they can filter FSWs and separate the inland ones. All that was BS, since they were intensionally working on CECs and completely ignoring FSWs. If such an info was communicated to us transparently, I'd have withdrawn this hopeless application and applied under CEC over a year ago, with no doubts. This also explains why they approve some tr2pr and cec applicants in less than a month, and for us they need a year to request one Adr at the most, they simply don't need/want to addmit new PRs under FSW in this time.

• Sad
Reactions: recent_grad

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
I can see atleast 2 recent PPRs issued for outland applicants, sep 2020 aor. They are actively processing fsw pool for sure. But I guess no special advantage being inland:(

Reactions: requiemforadream

vancovuer-applicant

Jan 10, 2022
This will likely impact future FSW draws but not applications that are already being processed.

What’s noteworthy is the current average lead time for FSW applications to be fully processed : 20.4 months.

So in our tragedy, we might actually be lucky to have an ongoing application because it looks like there won’t be any new FSW draw before a very long time.

And even if draws resume, the minimum CRS score to get an ITA will be largely above 500 points as stated in that memo, and draws size will be reduced by 50%.
I think the memo is saying that the processing time for some of those currently in the pool will rise to over 36 months. Because it's saying it's currently at 20 months and it is expected to grow as older inventory is being processed. Unfortunately a lot of FSW applicants will not get a response anytime soon, it seems. I just hope they give some priority to inland applicants.

It's much harder to be inside Canada and worry about having to leave, not getting to visa renewed in time, and having your life interrupted, than if you're already in your home country and aren't worried about extending work visas every few months.

I think we should consider writing a letter, as a group, on behalf of FSW-inland applicants, all of us sign it, and formally send it in. It's really irresponsible to keep us in the same pool as those who are abroad, while this memo shows again that that their excuse for pausing FSW is border closure. We live in Canada and our applications should be treated as such.

vancovuer-applicant

Jan 10, 2022
If enough people respond to me here, I'm ready to compose a letter for all of us to sign, so we can send it in.

In the meanwhile, if anyone wants to be pro-active, consider downloading the images in the internal memo and also sending the excerpt in the image in the link below to your MP. You should explain that IRCC claims they paused FSW due to border closure, so that they could process applications from current residents of Canada. But they are refusing to prioritize our applications, even though we are current residents of Canada (FSW-Inland) and have experienced delays that are much longer than other residents.

http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=24_increasewaittime.jpg

stnwal

Sep 23, 2021
I think the memo is saying that the processing time for some of those currently in the pool will rise to over 36 months. Because it's saying it's currently at 20 months and it is expected to grow as older inventory is being processed. Unfortunately a lot of FSW applicants will not get a response anytime soon, it seems. I just hope they give some priority to inland applicants.

It's much harder to be inside Canada and worry about having to leave, not getting to visa renewed in time, and having your life interrupted, than if you're already in your home country and aren't worried about extending work visas every few months.

I think we should consider writing a letter, as a group, on behalf of FSW-inland applicants, all of us sign it, and formally send it in. It's really irresponsible to keep us in the same pool as those who are abroad, while this memo shows again that that their excuse for pausing FSW is border closure. We live in Canada and our applications should be treated as such.
yes please. we should consider a step as a whole group of inland applicants.

mzk_immigrate

Nov 26, 2021

I'm in

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
Does anyone know Why Eligibility isn't even started on FSW inland applications filed in 2020.
I know for some, its passed, for some its not started.
Can anyone reply on this ?