+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

Katatsukeru

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
The weirdest thing happened today, I logged into my portal, my application was updated. My medicals are gone again :)))) They passed on Dec 3rd, 2021 and now they have disappeared, instead, it now says 'We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.'
Did someone have a similar experience? Why after 4 days my medicals disappeared?
Similar experience. Guess is because we have dependents whose medicals are separately requested / treated. Are you dependents inland or outland? If your dependent is added recently the case medical profile could be shaken up, resulting everything starts from zero again, i.e. undergoing again from beginning the 90-150 day medical results review period.

Reactions: maghool71

Tumak

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Hello there,

We’ve briefly talked about this recently in this thread, but never had a clear answer.

Many of us, FSW inland applicants, will certainly spend 2-3 weeks in our home country for the holiday season.

What should we do if we receive the portal email a few days before flying out of the country or even while being abroad?

Should we ignore it until we’re back in Canada or is it safe to just go through the process and reply that yes, we are in Canada (since technically yes, we’re still Canadian residents even if we’re visiting our family abroad for Xmas)?

I’m not sure what the implications are.

Are we at risk of losing our work permit and not being able to travel back, as we won’t receive our PR card immediately?

@legalfalcon, could you please advise on this question?

With the holiday season ahead, is IRCC aware of this potential issue for FSW Inland applicants?

Thank you again.

HRP2020

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
November 13, 2020
Hello there,

We’ve briefly talked about this recently in this thread, but never had a clear answer.

Many of us, FSW inland applicants, will certainly spend 2-3 weeks in our home country for the holiday season.

What should we do if we receive the portal email a few days before flying out of the country or even while being abroad?

Should we ignore it until we’re back in Canada or is it safe to just go through the process and reply that yes, we are in Canada (since technically yes, we’re still Canadian residents even if we’re visiting our family abroad for Xmas)?

Are we at risk of losing our work permit and not being able to travel back, as we won’t receive our PR card immediately?

With the holiday season ahead, is IRCC aware of this potential issue for FSW Inland applicants?

Thank you again.
Especially when we have applied for BOWP, it is mentioned you will lose your status if you leave Canada!!

Reactions: Tumak

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Just an update on my end. I received the portal email today. A timeline for everyone here:

AoR: 2nd December 2020 (FSW-Inland)
Medical: sometime in early January 2021

No update or communication till:

PFL/ADR regarding Proof of Funds: 27th November. Uploaded on 4th December 2021.
Received portal email: December 10th 2021
Recieved portal login email on December 10th 2021 as well. Just about to submit photograph today. Question: can I submit a photo from 31st August 2021 or should I get a new one? I used this photo for a TRV.

D

Deleted member 1033589

Recieved portal login email on December 10th 2021 as well. Just about to submit photograph today. Question: can I submit a photo from 31st August 2021 or should I get a new one? I used this photo for a TRV.

If you had that photo taken within the last6 months, and it fits the size specifications, you should be okay uploading the same. By the way, what's your visa office?

Hellbringer

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
For PoF, irrespective of which program you applied under, if you are authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer or job, you are exempt from PoF.

Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program
Keep your funds up to date in your profile. The system may find that you’re eligible for more than 1 program. You don’t always know ahead of time which program you’ll be invited under.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Sorry, maybe my reading comprehension is not that good, but just want to clarify:

So if all the following situation applies to an applicant:
1. Not yet eligible for CEC (Not yet 1 year experience in NOC 0, A or B)
2. Currently have a full-time job in Canada. However, using my PGWP (No LMIA needed)
3. FSW inland

This applicant does not need to show POF?

Thanks,

Reactions: mikefox299

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Just uploaded photos to the online portal. I've seen a lot of people mention that their photos were too dark, too light or had the wrong resolution/size. Are these errors reported by the portal or after the VO manually reviews the photos?

Ahmed H

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Just sharing a successful FSW inland story from fb group of ask kubeir

Finally!! A 5 1/2 year project has come to completion.

eCopr ✔✔✔✔

FSW Inland
VO-Ottawa and Edmonton
Aor - December 25,2020
Medicals passed - Jan 26,2021
Medicals expired - Nov 10,2021
Background Check cleared - Dec 1,2021
My Birthday - Dec 7,2021
Medicals Extended - Dec 8, 2021
Pr confirmation Portal received - Dec 9,2021
Pr confirmation details sent - Dec 10,2021
eCopr - Dec 11,2021

This group has been a place of respite. All the best to everybody and I hope everyone gets done with this waiting game soon!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Sorry, maybe my reading comprehension is not that good, but just want to clarify:

So if all the following situation applies to an applicant:
1. Not yet eligible for CEC (Not yet 1 year experience in NOC 0, A or B)
2. Currently have a full-time job in Canada. However, using my PGWP (No LMIA needed)
3. FSW inland

This application does not need to show POF?

Thanks,

The rule is:

1 Have a status to work in Canada; and
2. Have a job offer or currently working.

If you meet the above you are exempt. However, when you seek an exemption, you will have to provide the documents to reflect the above.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello there,

Thank you again.
There is no potential issue.

If you are going outside Canada for a short duration, i.e. 2-4 weeks, and during that time if you receive the portal mail, you can reply to it after you return to Canada.

If you are going for an extended period of time, you should ideally be informed IRCC of the change of address so that based on your country of residence IRCC can send you a PPR.

If you are outside Canada and respond to the portal mail and get an e-COPR, you will have to apply for PRTD to return to Canada.

Reactions: Tumak

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
The rule is:

If you meet the above you are exempt. However, when you seek an exemption, you will have to provide the documents to reflect the above.
Hey Legal falcon, I appreciate the input.

I'm in that same situation, I had to use my funds to get a car and move to a new province, so I won't be able to provide IRCC with an updated POF to meet the minimum requirements if I get an ADR. I have been employed full-time however since June (on a PGWP) and have a contract and payslips to prove it (Have not met CEC requirements yet). I recently submitted my resignation after I had signed my contract with a new company.

Last day of work at my current employer: Friday Dec 17, 2021
First day of employment at my new employer: January 17, 2022

What I'm worried about is if I get an ADR in that 1 month period when I'm in between jobs. I already have the signed contract in hand, but would that be enough for IRCC?

I'd hate to think that my 13 month wait has been for nothing.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey Legal falcon, I appreciate the input.

I'm in that same situation, I had to use my funds to get a car and move to a new province, so I won't be able to provide IRCC with an updated POF to meet the minimum requirements if I get an ADR. I have been employed full-time however since June (on a PGWP) and have a contract and payslips to prove it (Have not met CEC requirements yet). I recently submitted my resignation after I had signed my contract with a new company.

Last day of work at my current employer: Friday Dec 17, 2021
First day of employment at my new employer: January 17, 2022

What I'm worried about is if I get an ADR in that 1 month period when I'm in between jobs. I already have the signed contract in hand, but would that be enough for IRCC?

I'd hate to think that my 13 month wait has been for nothing.
I have already described the criteria. Since I am not privy to your documents, I cannot comment on your individual circumstances.

[My response does not constitute legal advice and neither does it give rise to any lawyer-client relationship.]

Hellbringer

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
The rule is:

Hi,

Noted on this. Thank you very much!