Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks so much for your response, @legalfalcon!

They actually want me to upload "Military Records" through the CIC Portal. Should I instead just upload an explanatory letter stating that I never had a military service to the CIC Portal?

Also, if I have no military service, do I have to provide them with the "official proof of military exemption from the relevant authority"? I don't have such a document at the moment, and am not sure how to get it, since I'm in Canada right now. In addition, they gave me only 7 days for getting the document + translating it etc.
YEs.

Proof of military exemption is only required if you are from a country where military service is mandatory such as Israel.

Reactions: recent_grad

Numwa

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
First up, congrats to you and all our new PRs here! I have 2 questions... when you applied for your second BOWP, did your AOR say anything like you can continue working/maintain your status until a certain date? Also, how long are they giving for BOWP (6 or 12 months)?
Thank you! Yes, it basically said I can work until December 14th (which was the expiry date of my first BOWP) or until a decision is made on your application. I got the permit for 12 months. But I've seen people getting 2 years as well - I think if your PR stream is CEC or PNP you are most likely to get 2 years

Reactions: KuntiD

Numwa

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
So something weird happened to my bio-metrics - Once my PR application status on the GCKey account changed to approved the validity of my biometrics changed from Oct 13, 2030 to December 13, 2021. I basically gave my biometrics on Oct 13th, 2020 for my PR application and have no clue why my expiry date changed. Anyone have any idea why this happened? It's supposed to be valid for 10 years right?

Jun 10, 2019
Did anyone whose medicals passed on
Nov 30th get any updates post it?
[/QUOTE

I got an update re medicals on Nov 23. No update since. However, I know that some people received their Portal emails and all the subsequent formalities without these updates (medical, GU or otherwise). They were however, asked to resubmit the proof of funds. There really is no indicative pattern on things are being processed.

Jun 10, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have a query related to my profile. I was recently given an ADR request (proof of funds). I’ve already submitted that information and it had been acknowledged on IRCC’s end. My progress bar initially showed - “the additional documents provided by you have been uploaded”

I randomly checked my account to see that there was an update to my application. Now under review of additional documents, it says - Not applicable

Thoughts on this, anyone?