+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Congratulations. I have same aor and my file is under security screening for more than 4 months. CSIS sent its recommendations to CBSA in Sep and CBSA is hatching my file . Let’s see if IRCC can end this trauma for me before Christmas. My MP just obtained file status last week and that’s it.
Hey, how did you get the information about CSIS? Is it in GCMS note?

EkoGuy

Nov 26, 2021
Congratulations. I have same aor and my file is under security screening for more than 4 months. CSIS sent its recommendations to CBSA in Sep and CBSA is hatching my file . Let’s see if IRCC can end this trauma for me before Christmas. My MP just obtained file status last week and that’s it.
So sorry to hear about the lack of progress on your file. Hopefully, your application will be approved in time for a joyous and drama-free Christmas.

wisemanca

Mar 2, 2020
Got an ADR on Nov 6th, submitted on the 8th (schedule A background declaration). Haven't heard anything back yet! Was hoping it would come through this month. Ottawa VO.

Aug 22, 2021
My primary visa office is Ottawa but on the second page it shows the secondary visa office as Edmonton. Does that mean my application is being processed by Edmonton? If yes have there been any recent approvals from Edmonton that anyone has heard of?

Tumak

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Hi there,

I’ve seen « local MP » mentioned many times here. I assume that stands for local Member of Parliament.

Can someone explain how one can find his local MP and how to connect with him/her?

Also, what can a local MP do for your application? Can he speed up the process for you or is it just another way for us to get information about our application?

Is it basically the same as requesting GCMS notes or can the MP have a real impact on your application?

Thanks.

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Hi there,

I’ve seen « local MP » mentioned many times here. I assume that stands for local Member of Parliament.

Can someone explain how one can find his local MP and how to connect with him/her?

Also, what can a local MP do for your application? Can he speed up the process for you or is it just another way for us to get information about our application?

Is it basically the same as requesting GCMS notes or can the MP have a real impact on your application?

Thanks.
If you can find your MP by entering your postal code here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

Just email them explaining your situation and asking for help.

When I've contacted mine, they replied with a form that I needed to fill up with my application information and sign it, giving them the authority to request information on my behalf.

Ahmed H

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Did they send you an extension email? Did you send them follow up email and got reply?

I did not get an extension email and my follow up was ignored too.
My local MP updated me since I last asked them to enquire about more updates

requiemforadream

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
Hi, may I please learn how did you learn more info related to security screening in terms of CSIS, CBSA details etc.?